Arch 2: The Castle – Prologue
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in the werewolf king's castle

" They really found her ?" Mia asked, looking over at her brother Corine.

" Let's not get our hopes up, Varian went to confirm things with Evan." Corine sighed as he looked out of the window.

" What do you think is going to happen when she's here ?" Mia asked.

" Let's not think about it for now." Corine said.

" Do you think she's still mad at us for what we said before she ran away ?" Mia fidgeted with her thumbs.

Corine smiled at his little sister. He was almost certain that it was impossible to dislike Mia, let alone be mad at her. Or at least, stay mad at her for very long.

" I wouldn't worry about it." Corine gently placed a hand on Mia's shoulder to comfort her.

" What's this I hear about someone coming back ?" Celia's voice cut through the air.

Corine frowned when he looked behind Mia to see their step mother walking towards them. She was wearing a white dress and sunglasses. Her long red hair was braided back perfectly, and her lips were the usual shade of deep red.

" Where are you coming from ?" Corine noticed the white dress and sunglasses.

Celia made it a point to avoid wearing white - as she had declared it an unlucky color a few years ago when his father gifted her a white robe lined with white furs - and it made no sense to wear sunglasses indoors. Especially with certain parts of the castle being very old and poorly lit.

" Just a formal meeting with the serpent king." Celia replied," The cursed snake never leaves his castle, so everyone else has to go out of their way to meet with him there. I just hate how hot is gets, I don't get why they love the sun so much ?"

Serpent was a slur used by other races to refer to vampires. Celia never liked vampires, but since the peace treaty was signed, she had to hold her nose and smile when she was sent to their land.

Corine had been to the vampire kingdom's capital once before. He remembered how houses usually had large glass roofs to allow natural sunlight in during the day. In fact, from far away, the city looked like a glimmering gem. The capital was located in the Sonoran Desert, the vampires who lived there didn't mind the heat, in fact based on his visit, they loved it.

" So what were you two discussing ?" Celia smiled at the brother and sister pair.

" I guess you wouldn't have heard yet because you've been visiting King Naxe, but Olivier is returning." Corine responded.

Celia smiled," They've finally found the prodigal daughter ? That's wonderful news!"

" Varian went to check." Mia said," He should be back tomorrow."

" I can't wait, oh, I can't wait to see her again!" Celia laughed as she turned around.

When she was far enough away, Mia turned to Corine," Do you really think she's excited to see Olivier again ? I thought they didn't get along."

Corine snorted. 'Didn't get along' was an understatement, Olivier hated Celia's very presence.

" I guess we'll see." Corine shrugged.

Mia looked up at him, concerned with how things would turn out tomorrow. Whether they really had found Olivier.

567 words

0