Chp 7 – Rebuilding bridges
7.8k 22 162
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 - Rebuilding bridges

Tyler Riddle

After I secured Nia, I went to my bedroom to put on some clothes so I could speak with Matt. 

"Hey Tyler! I see you got out of your bonds and put on some clothes. You still stink though." Matt says, acting like I didn't hear him egg on Nia.

"Yeah. Once I had enough time to think straight, I used my powers to fashion a lockpick to unlock the cuffs. It would've taken too long to absorb enough of all four bindings to get out."

"What did you do to her?" Matt asked with a genuine expression.

"I buritoed her, then I secured her with two of her belts. Why are you ok with her actions?" 

"She acts out of love for you. That and I'm not exactly a lawyer that follows the law. What with my occasional vigilante act." He says, while pouring himself a scotch."I agreed to take you two under my wing because you needed someone to help ground you and teach you what life is all about after you parents die-"

"You took us in because I thought that Nia needed a parental figure in her life that understood loss. You lived with your father's death for a decade so you could share some insights with her. I had to bribe, blackmail, and beg you to do it." I said, cutting Matt off and calling his bullshit.

"Well I don't see why you couldn't have consoled her yourself. You did say you were a genius did you not?"

"Everything has a price Matt, especially talent and genius. I may have made many great discoveries, but I turned the world's most influential against me. I got my parents killed and the second I don't have them keeping me grounded, I go off to create an interdimensional portal with only a gut feeling that it would work! I could've doomed billions to die! I am the last person to advise a grieving person." 

"....Well...thankfully Nia doesn't have that problem. She hasn't lost her most important person yet. I don't have a right to tell you guys how to handle your relationship as siblings, but I know you two are inseparable. Now go and stop your sister from permanently damaging both our eardrums and her lungs." He beckons me away, referencing Nia's incessant wailing and sobbing.

I go back into her room, and she's completely hysterical,sobbing and crying, thinking that I've decided to leave her.

"Brother..*hick*...please don't

..*hick*... leave me...I'm sorry for hitting you...I'm sorry for…*hick*.. spying on you ...and…*hick*...raping you… I just love you so…*hick*...much… please don't leave me." She sobs, tears running down her flawless, carmel skin.

I push some of her hair out her face, hopefully calming her. 

"Listen Nia. I don't know how to react to your feelings for me, but I'm not going to leave you. You're my little sister and I won't abandon you for the world. But I've spoiled you too much these past couple of years. It's been harmful to your growth as a person and your independence. That was my mistake and I intend to correct it." I say standing up and stepping away from her. "I have to discipline you in our parents' place. That means no more headpats, no more kisses, and a whole lot less hugs. All round, less physical contact. I also won't be spending as much time with you. You need to learn to be without me"

"No...please…" she begs

"I'm also angry with you Nia-"

"Please…"

"You probably ruined my relationship with Gwen."

"Why do you-" she paused seeing me start to scowl, "she doesn't have to know."

"You don't build relationships in lies Nia, sooner or later they have to come out." I tell her, and partially to myself.

"I can fix it.."

"I'm not sure this is something you can fix sis…"

I move to remove the belts around her.

"I'm going to take a shower and head to bed. Do you mind removing your spy cameras?"

"Sure…"

=÷=

Nia Riddle

Monday morning, 30 minutes before school starts

I feel like I'm going crazy. True to his word, Tyler hasn't been affectionate with me after that incident. He won't give me hugs, headpats or kisses on my cheek. He won't even stay in the same room as me for more than a couple minutes. I have to win back his affection fast, or I might do something to push him away again. It's not ideal, but I've decided to ask forgiveness from this Gwen girl and try to keep her interested in Tyler. He seems really hooked on her and if I can keep them together, maybe I can find some future next to Tyler.

I can see a girl who looks like how Peter described Gwen, just being dropped off. Now is my chance.

"Hey, you're Gwen right? My name is Nia, I'm Tyler's little sister. Can I talk to you for a sec?

"Yeah, I'm Gwen, your brother's girlfriend," she puts emphasis on that last part, making my eye twitch, "what do you want to talk about?"

"Not here. It's important," I tell her, dragging her into a secluded area outside.

"So…" I really don't know how to start this conversation.

"Yes, I'll stay with Tyler," she says.

"What?" How does she know?

"Tyler told me last night. I honestly didn't believe that you just now decided to rape him."

"..." I can only stare at her blankly in response.

"When I came to this school, Tyler was handsome as all hell, funny and extremely smart. I wondered why someone like him didn't already have a girlfriend, so I did my research. I asked around and I found out that every girl that tried to get close to him got pranks and threatening mail within the week. Now since Tyler and MJ never really got along, that only leaves you around him. That and your rumored aversion to every guy except him left you as the only culprit. You're a good actress, I'll give you that."

"....Why would you stay with him?"

"Because I love him. He doesn't see me as some walking onahole or trophy girl to use up and put aside. He likes my body, yes, but more than that, he likes my mind. Every decent guy I meet either sees me as less womanly because of my interest in science, or they can't keep up. But Tyler...well, he's out my league.

"...thank you." She's saved my relationship with my brother, but it doesn't feel like a victory. No, it's a monumental loss, but it's better than anything I could have hoped for.

"Mind you, I haven't forgiven you. You forced him. What you did was selfish and if I could pull you two apart I would. But since that's not going to happen, then you'll need to earn Tyler's trust back. If you manage that then you'll be ok in my books. From now on, treat him with the same respect and care that he shows you." With that last warning, she walks off.

I feel like shit after that berating I got, but she's right. I've always been so self absorbed in enjoying Tyler all to myself that I never actually did anything for him besides his laundry. Even that is only so I can steal his clothes without alerting him. I just get pampered by him all the time. 

From now on, I'll make helping out and supporting my brother as my number one priority. And… enjoying him will be my second. Keeping other girls away from him will be like a side hobby.

 

162