Chp 10 – The Heist (Part 1)
6.3k 26 159
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10 - The Heist (1)


Tyler Riddle


Friday


Oscorp Headquarters


The bus just arrived at Oscorp. I actually feel a little nervous. Stealing both the spider that  bites Peter and the one that bites Cindy out from under the eyes of Oscorp will prove difficult. But the plan is simple.

I got a variety of spider pheromones from spiders out in the wild that I found. After I see them get bit, I'll start producing spider pheromones like crazy to make them come to me. I can stay as close as possible and in front of the cameras so Oscorp has as much difficulty locating the spiders as possible.

We start filing out of the bus and our guide beckons us so she can influence our young adolescent minds into choosing Oscorp as a career.

"Everybody, come along. My name is Amy and I'll be your guide through Oscorp labs today. I will be pointing towards restrooms as we go along and we will make stops for everyone to ask questions."

"Now who here likes biology? Well did you know that……." Her voice and practiced enthusiasm is annoying. It's best to just focus my attention on scouting the place out. 

As we go through the place, I can see cameras pointing in almost every direction. Lots of cameras, but there seems to be a few deliberate blindspots. I notice one hallway that doesn't have a camera covering it. They probably funnel things they don't want investigators to find through that hallway. I can see we are getting closer to the more important labs.

"Ok everyone, we will take a quick break here, then I will show you all the lab where Oscorp develops it's industrial grade spider silk." It's almost time for the mini heist.

During the bathroom break, I knock on the bathroom wall to see how solid it is. It's not thin, but I should be able to absorb the wall fast enough to use it to get to other areas. From my mental map of the place, the other side should be the unmonitored hallway. This will be part of my escape plan later tonight.

After the break, the group heads over to the spider silk lab. The guide talks about how strong it is and really hyped it up. Yeah it's cool, but there are far better things you can make to easily replace it. It's just that those things can't be made organically, at least not easily. 

I noticed the click clacking of spider legs on tile. Turning to the direction of the sound, I spotted a red and black spider racing towards Peter like it's life depended on it. 

I did smell spider pheromones earlier, but I couldn't confirm if it was coming from Cindy and Peter or just me from last night. I always wondered how Osborn made sure the spiders bite their targets, now I know. ItTaking note of where the camera is, I move myself inconspicuously between it and Peter. The spider crawls up his pant leg, up his torso, and onto his hand where it bites him. Once it does, I swipe it off his hand and into one of my pant pockets with a zipper. I practiced sleight of hand for about half an hour before school to practice this trick. I then flood the pocket with pheromones to make it get confused. I don't want it to move around, since it is a bit larger than your average spider and a moving object in your pocket kinda looks suspicious.

"Damn I think a spider just bit me. Thanks for swatting it away. I wish you could do the same with Flash" Peter says, referring to my promise to handle Flash for him.

"I said I would make Flash disappear, and I meant it. How about this? I will enact my plan starting next week. Scouts honour." I promise him holding the scout symbol for promise.

"You were never in Scouts."

"That's a technicality." I counter.

Observing the area, I hear another set of spider legs near Cindy. I pull the same maneuver over to her. The spider is swiped, drugged, and shoved inside my other pocket. 

"Thanks Tyler." She says, smiling awkwardly. She must be a little worried about the rumors surrounding me. 

I never noticed, but she is very beautiful. She has a lithe figure with a soft, creamy skin typical of most of asian descent. Her head is adorned by long, flowing black hair that reaches just above her waist. Her beauty isn't something you notice from far away though. It's a very quiet beauty. 

"Don't worry. I found out who the stalker was and I've taken care of her." I stop myself from observing her too hard. I do have a girlfriend after all.

"Who was it?"

"Sorry I can't tell, but it's not Gwen if that's what you're thinking."

"Ok…"

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Gwen looking over at me, frowning. That doesn't look good.

"Sorry Cindy, Gwen beckons me. See you around."

Gwen really doesn't seem happy with me talking to another beautiful girl. Hopefully she doesn't end up like Nia.

"Why are you looking at other girls when we haven't even gone on our first date?"

"I was just talking to her Gwen.'

"You better behave Tyler or I'll make you wish I was as nice as Nia." She warns me with a scary smile.

"Of course Gwen." It's better to not argue and just take the loss.

*Hymph*

Did she actually just make that noise. It sounded a little cute. Her cheeks look a little pinchable, so before I knew it, my hand moved to softly pinch her left cheek. 

Feeling my fingers pinching her shrek, Gwen decided to shake them off and bite them in one move. It hurt, but it was more playful than angry.

There really isn't much for me to do until the field trip ends and I come back here with Gwen. She just nuzzled me the whole trip except when we came upon an interesting lab. I tried talking to Cindy again, but Gwen wasn't letting me. I really hope she doesn't turn into another Nia.

Speaking of Nia, she's starting to do more around the house. Specifically for me. She's made a few failed attempts at cooking breakfast, so I had to teach her how to fry eggs and bacon yesterday morning. Maybe she will develop an interest in cooking one of these days.

Nothing of noteworthy interest we in the trip, but their electric eels were interesting. They aren't the best or most efficient power source, but it's a novel idea. 

After the trip, we all took a ride back on the bus. Gwen sat in my lap, trying to look obvious about it. The teacher didn't really care. She was cool.

I just need to get home, put these spiders into miniature habitats and get ready for my next big heist.

I saw that I got a few new reviews. 1 2 star and 3 1 star reviews. If by some miracle, you are still reading this, I'd be interested in why you made those reviews. Favorite if you liked. Also, I respond to every comment,. So if you have suggestions or what not, put it there.

159