Chp 13 – Honesty
5.9k 37 165
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13 - Honesty

Tyler Riddle

I woke up super groggy and disoriented. When I tried sitting up, it felt like my right shoulder and the rest of my body was pinned down. Trying to adjust my eyes, I looked to see what it was. A beautiful brown girl with black flowing hair rested her head on my shoulder. She was very warm and only wore a white tank top and white lace panties. Her body clung to mine like some sort of...koala? Yes that's it. She's my sister, Nia. But why is she in my bed? 

"Hey Nia, wake up." I say while nudging her.

"Hnnn...yes brother?" Nia replies in a sleepy tone.

"Why are you in my bed, Nia?"

"Because you're being secretive and I'm worried about you. Gone for hours on end and I don't even hear from you. You don't tell me things anymore." She says with a pout.

"Ok, well I'll try to be less secretive ok. Now can you please get off?" 

"But you hardly hug me anymore. And you feel so comfortable and your smell…" she starts panting slightly and gyrating her hips against me.

"Come on, off. You've had your snuggles." I try to push her away with my free hand, but it gets stuck on her skin. "Shit. Oh fuck. Not this."

Nia starts to calm down seeing me struggle to remove my hand from her shoulder. "Care to explain, brother?"

"There's a reason for this. And it's a good one too." I don't have an explanation planned for this yet. After a few more attempts, I give up trying to remove my hand.

"Ok, I'll tell you. Let's just get to the living room and find Matt."

Nia and I got out of the bed together and I was very careful to not focus on anything I touched, so as to make sure I didn't stick to it. My entire body tingled like electricity flowed through it. I felt it the most in my head and in my skin. I'm guessing that's actually electricity flowing along my nervous system.

We walked to the living room and saw Matt sitting on the couch listening to the news. A male announcer was recounting some serious news.

"Last night at approximately 8:00 pm, black smoke started spreading through the building from one of the lower levels. The smoke triggered a fire alarm and the building was promptly evacuated. Not half an hour after the fire alarms sounded did the smoke start to disappear. The New York City police chief has this to say about last night." The scene shifted to a press conference with the New York City police chief in a press conference.

"Nobody was killed or seriously injured from the event. About twenty people suffered very minor cuts or bruises as a result of the evacuation. An inspection of the building showed that there was no fire. The black smoke originated from a total of 127 smoke bombs scattered throughout one of the lower levels where multiple labs preside. The smoke bombs appear to be homemade while the smoke itself is not harmful in nature and it contains no chemical or biological risks. There is some damage to one of the labs. Due to the lack of loss of life, we do not believe this to be an act of terrorism, but we are still investigating possible leads. We will conduct another conference when he have more information to share." The news went back to the announcer but they were just spouting random nonsense.

Matt turned  to me and Nia. "So why are you two stuck together like peanut butter and jelly?"

"We need to talk. And what's up with that metaphor?"

"I'm just in the mood for one of my childhood favorites. So what did you want to talk about?"

I finally peel my hand off Nia's shoulder. "Let's sit down first."

Once me and Nia sit down, I start revealing my backstory. How I've sort of fused with the previous Tyler. Then I explained my abilities, giving a small display by creating a figurine of a spider. They both were surprisingly quiet while I spoke. I know I already told Matt, but surely Nia would have some reaction. 

Seeing that I was done, Nia decided to ask, "Have you told Gwen yet?"

"No, but I don't see how that's—"

"See, I knew you loved me more!"

"Nia, you do realize that I just said that I'm not your brother, that he's dead, and that I'm inhabiting his body. I'm the definition of an imposter."

"But you also said that you have his memories, thoughts, and feelings. You also said you have a similar personality."

"Similar, Nia, does not mean the same. I could be manipulating you for all you know."

Matt decides to step in, "You're not going to get into her kid, she's too far gone. No amount of logic will keep her away from you." 

Nia picks up where he left off. "I've manipulated you every second I could for years into loving me more, so what's the difference? You just want me to have some sort of reaction, is that it?"

"Please Nia, something."

"Ok. For effectively lying to me for three weeks, you have to...ummm…let me sleep next to you every night!"

"Sure Nia, but nothing more."

Matt interjects again. " By the way, you guys will need to move out tomorrow. I want romance too."

"That's a good idea. Oh and I want my right to hugs and kisses whenever I want restored!"

"No, you're still grounded."

"I'll start cooking for you." She says, trying to bribe me.

"The only thing you can make is Nutella toast and crepes."

"I'll tell Peter about you!" It's a threat now.

"I'll tell him myself."

"Please!" She begs, and her eyes look like they might cry anytime.

"Fine, fine. Just no more crying."

"Ahhhh..you two are so much alike. Both of you are using bribery, blackmail, and begging to get what you want."

"Speaking of that, why are you ok with me Matt? You never really explained too well."

"I know you don't lie to me since I can hear your heartbeat. And besides, is your situation weirder than mine? Than a blind man who can see better than any other human? Who can tell when someone lies? Tell you the weather forecast? Tell you what you had for breakfast Monday last week? That's my spiel by the way, Nia. I have enhanced senses except no sight. Your brother edited himself to do the same a while ago."

"So you guys are like bats or something?"

"And a bloodhound among other things."

"So what about the weird multicolored spiders I saw in your room and your sticky hands?" Nia asked.

These two have shown they won't be phased by anything I say anymore, so let's just let it out.

"They're radioactive spiders I stole last night from Norman Osborn. The sticky hands were because I let myself get bit by the neon spider and it mutated me to give me various abilities. Some spider-like, some not."

"So that was you at Oscorp last night. Figures, it doesn't make sense to smuggle 127 homemade smoke bombs into a secure place like that." Matt learns real quick.

"That's cool!" And Nia is… well Nia.

 =÷=

Another late chapter, I know. Not much happened, but it was necessary that I write this chapter to point out how much Nia is out of her mind. A yandere that's literally crazy, my gosh, what a weird idea. Matt has more than a few troubles himself. For one, he's a compulsive liar. He lies all the time to people he cares about both verbally and nonverbally. His abilities also give him a vastly different outlook on life and society.

This chapter was partly for me and partly for those who are feeling like this story has been illogical so far. And that's true, but it's a whole lot more realistic than most medias will show. Humans are very illogical especially when you account for big stresses in life.

Thank you guys for reading so far. Comment if you liked this chapter and comment below if you didn't or if you have something to say. Just try not to be an ass about it.

165