Chp 27 – Aftermath
4.8k 23 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, sorry for the wait. I felt this was a meh chapter, but tell me what you think. Favorite if you liked it, comment below for everything else.

Chapter 27 - Aftermath

I woke up with Nia on top of me, naked. My head buzzes from the stench of sex that permeated the room, though i remeber that there was only some VERY heavy petting last night. I was still fully clothed so nobody messed with me in my comatose state. Last night was a mess.

"Brother…" Nia mumbles, still asleep. Well she seems to be fine. I better go check on Gwen.

I gently move Nia off of me with some unconscious resistance from her, and I cover her up with a blanket. Gwen seems to be in the living room and awake. I don't hear sobbing, but whether that's  a good thing or not is yet to be seen. 

I make my way out of the bedroom and I see Gwen sitting down on the floor, just staring. I sit beside her and she makes no movement, just staring into nothingness. Silence and the subtle sound of breathing is all that passes between us. I pull her head into my lap and comb her hair with my fingers, subtly massaging her head. More silence passes until Gwen finally speaks.

"I knew what I was getting into when I decided  to stay with you after Nia raped. I knew I would have to share you at some point after you just gave her a slap on the wrist, and now she's closer to you than ever before. Closer than I've  been. And I knew it from the start." I sit there quietly, continuing my brushing, listening to her emotions.

"But I didn't  think it would be so hard. I want to keep you all to myself, even though I'm the one who came second. I know Nia feels the same, she wants to keep you all to herself just like I do, but she's scared that you'll abandon her if I leave the picture. We'll both just stare into each other's eyes whenever we spot each other in the hallways with jealousy, sadness, and who knows what else. I just don't know how I can deal with knowing that you love another girl, a girl who you've known since forever. Just please don't leave me. I...I can't  bear the thought of it." A few tears flow down her face and wipe them away with my finger. Time for my input.

"I can't really tell you anything to make you feel better Gwen. I'm pretty bad at love and relationships in general. Why you chose me I can't  figure out. But I think it's best if you and Nia talk to each other. Not only would I love to know that you two can get along without me in the room, I also think it would be really helpful for the both of you. If the both of you are really really determined to be with this chaotic mess, then I think it's best if you two have someone to talk to about your struggles. It's like any competitive sport. You have rivals that you are friendly with and you share ideas, maybe even hang out, but at the end of the day you both have to throw down." I almost started discouraging her from being with me. I have to manage Mount self-doubt better, it creeps in when I need it the least.

"You're a nerd, you don't do sports."

"Aye, I am a nerd, but I had my fair share of intellectual  battles. I remember engaging in quite a few debates with some of my older scientist rivals in my past life. Then the ones I occasionally had with Peter, but he always won the biology ones."

"Right, your old life...Did you have a lover back there?"

"Nope, I never met the one until I met you." I flirted, making her smile a bit.

"Oh please, I bet you were just too much of a loner and too dense in your old world. And Nia made sure you didn't  find any girls in this one." She's not wrong.

"Nope, I knew you were the one from the start. My heart almost beat out of my chest, I swear it." Even I know never to admit a bittersweet  truth, just avoid it.

"...what should I do Tyler? I need help."

"You should go take a nice, long, hot shower with Nia. Talk about something, anything. It doesn't  have to be about me. Just get to know each other."

"That's  weird. And I don't  think Nia would be okay being so open with anyone besides you."

"It's perfectly normal. Public bathing is a thing, especially among those of the same gender. Nia will agree if you tell her that the request came from me. Besides, Nia needs a shower and so do you. I'll make some coffee so you can at least survive school. I know you didn't  sleep at all last night."

"Can I just stay home with you?"

"Nope, it's your punishment for moping without me. Come on, get up. We can talk more later." I give her a pinch on the butt.

"Eep...don't do that!" She squeals before getting up and giving me a glare. Her hips swayed hypnotically as she walked away towards the bedroom.

I really want to watch the news and see what people are saying about yesterday, but we still don't  have a TV. I guess I'll just have to make do with my phone. DRM all the stories that Google News showed me, the public's response sees less than ideal. Most people were making wild speculations about me and the Goblin, alluding to things like aliens, magic, a Russian Plot. Hmmm, now that I think about it, those are very good assumptions. But the problem is that hardly anyone is seeing me in a good light. The city has issued a warrant for my arrest on a few random charges, and I doubt the white house press briefing in a couple hours will turn out any better off me. But it's fine, I can work with this. I just need to make a plan to increase my public appeal. I can be a friendly neighborhood super person, helping old ladies and stuff-

*BUZZ...BUZZ* My phone starts buzzing. An unregistered number. I pick up the phone and perform my best Mexican accent.

"Hola. Este es Pedro. ¿Quién es este?" (Hello. This is Pedro. Who is this?)

"Boy, don't play with me. You made a hell of a mess, and I'm pissed." I hear Nick Fury on the other line. 

"Sounds like a you problem."

"It's about to be yours. I've cooled down things for now, but it cost me big. This kind of thing shouldn't  happen in downtown New York in broad daylight. Far too many people saw this for a cover up to be possible."

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"Nothing. I can get through this with a few government  leaks, but I want compensation, kid. Had you not interfered, this could have all been swept under the rug after a few press conferences and some new laws, but now the public is in turmoil without an easy explanation  for your abilities."

"I don't have anything worthwhile, And i won't hand out information."

"That's  fine, I just need you to do some babysitting."

"I don't like the sound of that. It sounds like a lot of hassle. What do I get out of it?"

"How about a life without my boot up your ass?"

"Nah, that doesn't  sound very appealing. How about a nice chunk of land with a big ass yard so I can make a factory?"

"Hell no. What shit are you smoking?"

"That good juju lettuce. How about I clean up my public appearance, that'll  help on your side of things im sure."

"That would help. But listen kid, I can't  just-"

"I'll pay you back 200% of its worth, think of it as an investment. I know you have some chunk of land or another and I know you need the funding."

"..."

"Going once….Going twice…"

"Ten times it's worth and you have a deal. I know you can make it up."

"Deal. When do you want to make the transfer?"

"I'll send you a location. Be there at midnight and make sure to not be seen. Do whatever you have to. You better not screw up." *Beep*

It sounds serious. Hopefully it's not too much trouble. Welp, I got my building. It may seem like a bad deal, but there's just no way I could get such a large amount of land so soon. No bank would lend me the money and I'm not about to commandeer an unused building for an extended period of time. This way I can start big and not have to worry about scaling up my business. 

Nia and Gwen should be getting out of the shower any minute now. I better make that coffee. Some eggs would be good too.

=•=

119