Chp 42 – Late Date
3k 8 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 42 - Late Date

Aaaaaaaaand done. Every room that I don't need for future improvements has been made into living quarters. All in all, the place can house 20 people, more than I need currently. A few of the rooms were custom designed for their residents, but the rest just have a TV and other basics that you would find in a bedroom. With all the wiring and other stuff I had to put into it, the project took me a few more hours than I initially was going for, but the extra work allowed my wound to heal to the point that it's not visually disturbing. I still can't lean to that side and it hurts, but at least Nia won't keel over at the sight. I also had Kimura set up a real training room. It's basically just some mats on the floor and walls, but it should do until I feel like making something better. 

Just as I start getting comfortable on one of the new beds, I hear a high-pitched scream coming from where I left everyone. I jump up and sprint over, damaging a portion of the wall in the process.

Mercury was awake, finally, but she was backed up in the corner with her arms formed into blades, pointed out at everyone around her. Some of them, like Henry and Melissa, are in an Uno game, while others are mindlessly on their phones.

"What's going on?" I ask the group. 

"The girl woke up and screamed first thing," Kimura says from the Uno table.

"She probably screamed at your face. It's  not like it's any more bearable now that you're in chains." Sarah sparks. 

"You…you were the ones who did that to me! Every hour of every day, I was shocked and pieces of me have torn away." Mercury screams.

"Please, please calm down. Mercury, Can I call you Mercury?" I ask in a light tone.

"Who are you?"

"My name's Tyler. I'm in charge of this place. I know you're really scared and surprised, but long story short, I went to rescue those four girls along with Doctor Kinney and I captured Ms.Sutter and Kimura along the way. Everyone here is hiding from somebody or is a captive. Are you getting any of this?"

"No!!!" She screams incredulously.

"Okay, Okay. How about this? I'm really low on energy right now, so just tell me what you want, and I'll make it happen."

"..." She stares at me silently. At least I think she is. Her metal body is only mostly human in looks. She lacks pupils or imperfections much like a sculpture.

"How about I take you home?"

"Daddy…" She lets out as her body clenches, her arm blades still up.

"What?"

"I don't have a home anymore. Not one that wants me." She answers absently.

"Well, there's a place where others like you can go. They teach combat and other things. They also have much nicer living amenities than I do here. Or you could choose to stay here among other people from the facility. This place is improving and I can get you pretty much whatever you want, but I can't have you leaving without notice. Or you can choose your own path."

"...what do you get in all of this?"

"I get nothing except maybe your goodwill down the road. Please just choose something. I know it's insensitive, but everyone here has been dragged through the dirt recently. You can change your mind whenever, but I'm trying to go home."

"I...I'll stay here. For now."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. If you'll put the sword arms away, then I'll take you to your new room. Everyone else, your rooms are labeled and designed for each of you individually. It's not a lot, but hopefully, it'll do for now." I say to the group then nod for Mercury to follow me down the hallway which she does reluctantly. 

"What is this place?" Mercury asks.

"An old distribution warehouse combined with a fair amount of offices. It was likely built by some small company, but it comes with a decent amount of land." I answer her as we turn the corner.

"And you just use it to house people?" She asks dubiously.

"No, I'm trying to make it into a business. You guys are just living in the space I don't need right now. Here's your room." I slap a nameplate on the door and open it to a blank beige-colored room, like all the other ones. I didn't make a room specific to her.

"It's almost like a hotel room." She says, stepping inside.

"There's a phone with other accessories. If you need or want anything, I'll be back tomorrow. Unless it's food, then just ask your phone for right now. We don't have much in the way of groceries." I say, pointing to one of my device bundles on the dresser.

"What about clothes? And for that matter, who put me in these clothes?"

"I put you in those clothes. And here's some more." I start pulling an entire wardrobe out of my hand and give it to her outstretched arms. I'm really becoming a pro at this clothes thing.

"How?"

"Because I can. Anything else before I dip?"

"Thank you I guess. I hope you don't disappoint me." She says solemnly

"I seriously don't know why you want to be here, but you're welcome to stay as long as you want to. What should I call you?"

"Mercury's good. New name, new life. Right?" She says, turning up a false smile. Her silver face looked as if she was gonna cry.

"You're whoever you want to be, Mercury. Are you okay?"

"As okay as I can be right now. Your voice seems very monotone."

"It's probably just homesickness. Well, rest, relax, play some music, I'll be back tomorrow." With that, I close the door and walk back down the hallway. And before anything else can happen, I go stealth and rush out of the building, taking to the sky. I have two beauties waiting for me at home and judging by the two hundred odd text messages, I have a lot to answer for. It's best to rip off the bandaid. 

=÷=

Tyler's Apartment

An ominous feeling eliminates from the front door, much like after I fought the Green Goblin.

I open the door to find Gwen seated on the floor in the living room, looking out at the beginning of a sunset that bathes the room in a warm yellow light. Most of the skyline is covered by other buildings, but that only makes the view that much more unique. 

"Hey Gwen, I'm home," I say.

"Welcome back, babe. Did you have fun?" She asks without turning around, sounding strangely pleasant.

"No, not really. I've had a pretty awful time away from home."

"Hmmm. I've heard. Come sit over here." She says, patting a cushion next to her. Still a little cautious, I sit down next to her in a criss-cross. Then she jumps onto my lap and locks her legs behind my back. Her eyes stare into me with both an affectionate but also a very animalistic look.

"Gwen I'm sorry–” I start to apologize but she puts her finger to my lips.

"Shhh…It's ok Ty. I understand that you got a lot busier than you intended. Cortana kept me updated, that's why I tried keeping calm. I'll be sure to have a conversation with all those new freeloaders, but it's not even worth a small argument between us. As mom always said, 'If you find a man you love, open your legs and hold him firmly. Even if he struggles and needs muscle relaxers at first, he'll thank you later.' I intend to hold onto you VERY VERY firmly, but I understand that you are a very big man, that goes for more than just the generous tool below me, and my legs just can't hold onto you forever so I'll have to share."

"Gwen...Did I ever tell you how hot you are?" I ask genuinely, making her crack a smile. Some might think it's the rays of light behind her, but I know I have a genuine angel sitting in my lap.

"If your son's enthusiasm is anything to go by, then yes, all the time." She smiles, wiggling her hips.

I wrap my arms around her waist and do all in for a kiss. She fights to keep me out of her mouth and eventually pushes me away with her hand on my chest.

"Slow down Tiger. I may be slightly understanding, but Nia is most definitely not. She's been masturbating at the thought of your date since 7 am and it only got more violent. You know you can't leave her like that. Remember what happened after you showed up all over the news? Go take her out for a few hours, then bring her back. Alright?"

"She sounds pretty happy in the bathroom." 

"Cortana also gives updates to her aunt in the form of peace offerings."

"Cortana seems to be doing a lot of things without my knowledge."

"If I know my boyfriend, which I do, then that was one of his goals from the beginning." She whispers as she gives me a light kiss.

"Ok. I'm gonna go now, so can you please let me go?" 

"Only if you promise to return…and be careful with Nia, she's going to freak out when she feels the chunk missing from your side," Gwen warns as she unwraps herself from me. 

I leave my darling Gwen and enter Nia's room. It looks the same as it did before with the miniature shrine, but there were a few nail marks around the walls and a lot of streaks of a slimy substance, some of it dry. Obviously, Nia has been discharging a lot. Nia's humming stops when I open the door and then she bursts through the bathroom door, flying into my chest.

"Brother! Are you ready for our date? I am, do you like my outfit?" She asks, pulling away to twirl around. She's in form-fitting clothes, regular Black leggings with a black choker and a white long-sleeved shirt that reads: 'Snap my choker'. And while she definitely looks cute in that outfit, it doesn't change the fact that I know the sexual implications of that phrase or the fact that I'm really not in a position to say anything about it.

"You look both beautiful and cute. Just like always. I'm really sorry about being late Nia, but why did you choose that shirt?" I ask, already feeling the response.

"Thanks, brother. I was really pent up and nervous this morning and it only got worse when you didn't show up and you didn't answer any of my messages and I felt you meeting all these girls, so I'm projecting my heartfelt desire for my throat to be skewered by you." Yup, I felt that one. 

"As I said, I'm really sorry Nia. But I hope I can make it up to you." I apologize, earning a firm hug that both healed and hurt my side.

"You'll do anything for a girl that asks you for something, but it took years of me practically begging you for you to even make a move on me." She signs into my chest.

"You never once said anything directly and I remember our first time very differently," I reply, scratching her head.

"You sucked mom's boobs whenever she asked." She whines.

"I was a child, a baby. That's a very normal thing." I retort, remembering nothing about what she's talking about.

"You and I have very different opinions of what a baby is."

"Hmmm. Are you ready to go?"

"I'm not done complaining."

"You can continue your passive-aggressive complaining after we have fun." I pick her up and sling her over my shoulder despite her weak resistance. I send a wave to Gwen and leave the building looking like a kidnapper with confidence. 

"What do you have planned?" She asks as we get closer to our destination, earning cursory looks from other pedestrians.

"Some alone time between us," I answer. We pass by a churro stand, and since we don't get a lot of these around here, I order some. There's a sign in front of the servicer saying that he's deaf, so I flash my fingers for twenty, the rest of the stock. The older black man rings me up wordlessly and adds 4 chocolate dipping cups into the bag. I slip a $50 bill for the tip and the $2 price tag on each churro.

I continue into Marcus Garvey Park, a green haven that solids up the concrete landscape of Harlem. With only 3 other people in the park, it's surprisingly quiet, likely due to other festivities going around tonight. I sit down with Nia against a sturdy tree and pull out the churros. Nia dips hers in some chocolate and rests her head on my shoulder.

"You really outdid yourself with this. You combined my love of you with my love of sweets and relative quiet." She says, taking a bite.

"I'm glad you like it. Though it's not much and the churros were blind luck." I get out before being force-fed a bite from her churro.

"It's better than anything else we could have done. I know I get more paranoid than I should when other girls are around."

"No amount of paranoia is good Nia."

"You know there's only so much I can do when it comes to self-control brother but thank you for staying with me. I'm sorry for being such an awful and selfish sister."

"You're my awful and selfish sister, and I wouldn't have it any other way," I whisper, reaching my hand under her choker and snapping it, causing her breath to stagger.

"Can you...say stuff like that to me more?" She squirms.

"You have enough kinks already Nia. No need to add verbal debasement to the list. Just enjoy the moment." I turn her down and grab her hand, threading my fingers through hers.

"I love you brother." She purrs.

"I love you too Nia. Never doubt it."

"Do you love me enough to keep yourself safe?" That's a trap if I've ever heard one. Cortana has been reading her too much.

"I love you enough to do my best, which is all I can do."

"I promise I won't kill whoever hurt you if you tell me their name." Bullship.

"I promise I'll be at home when you leave and when you come back for the next couple of days. We can spend all kinds of time together, Okay?" 

"Okay...for now." She says surely, snuggling into my side.

Is dealing with the world or dealing with Nia more stressful I wonder?

=<=>=

97