Chp 56 – Liquid Metal
1.2k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 56 - Liquid Metal

 

Mercury POV

 

Dear lord, please help me.

 

I check the hallway outside Kimura's door for anyone passing by, then I melt down and slip under the tiny crack in the door and reform on the other side nude. With the still liquid part of me on the other side of the door, I tug my thin clothing I planned for this under the door and quickly slip back into them.

 

Kimura should still be sparring with Sin, so I should have some time to look around. God, that redhead gives me the creeps. Who has blood-red hair? Mine isn't even that vivid.

 

Kimura's room is smaller than everyone else's, but it's not exactly a prison cell. If anything, it's like a comfy military barrack in neutral grays and blacks. It's not much, but it's more than she deserves, that's for sure. Instead of the walk-in closet I have, she has drawers under her bed and a small room with a multipurpose weight machine inside, probably the fanciest thing here. It's kinda similar to the one Daddy had in the garage before he—Never mind that.

 

I wonder what she has in the way of personal belongings? Surely she must have a diary, but then again, she is a cold-hearted woman. I check in her drawers and sift through her collection of fitness clothes only to come up empty-handed. No false bottoms in her drawers, nothing under or in her mattress. Nothing, not even a piece of jewelry that I can steal from her. There's her electronics that Tyler gave everyone, but I'm sure he'd just give her new ones or track down the old ones.

 

When I hear footsteps outside the door, I quickly melt and hide in the tiny ceiling ventilation duct, slipping my clothing through the cracks.

 

*CLICK*...*CLICK*

 

"FUCK. That girl is murderous. If I didn't have My skin reinforced with Adamantium, I'm sure I would have died 20 times already from those damned needles. I'll be wearing the bruises for weeks. What kind of life did she live in order to become like that? Probably something horrid. Hehe." I hear Kimura chuckle. 

 

Ughhh, this shape is getting hard to hold. I strain myself to reform my eye outside the vent. 

 

Kimura is looking at herself in a full body mirror. Across her muscular body are bruises of different sizes and colors. Her sports bra and shorts are soaked in her sweat. 

 

"Cortana, how much did I improve during the spar?" Kimura asks.

 

"There was a 2% increase in reflexes and a 7% increase in effectiveness of your technique in comparison to Sin's. However, your movements are being read more by Sin as you battle, and you are simply not acrobatic enough to evade her attacks." Why is Cortana helping this monster?

 

"My skin prevents me from stretching and complex movements. The only solution would be to work on speed." Kimura sluggishly walks over to the weight machine and reconfigures it before she falls onto it. She takes a deep breath before she starts rapidly doing leg presses.

 

"Why do you insist on getting stronger in your situation?" Cortana asks.

 

"Has Tyler seen my request to do security work for the place yet?" Kimura asks back.

 

"There is no reason for security at this facility. Melissa is enough to put up a fight until Father arrives and solves the problem. If not, there is always Sin and the Kinney sisters to aid in battle."

 

"Melissa could never fight to the death, she's worse than any of the twerps. And if you think Sin or any of the others are good for anything except assassination, then Tyler must have made a mistake when programming you." Kimura heaves. The lights turn green.

 

"Take that back." Cortana seethes.

 

"Sorry."

 

"Father does NOT make mistakes." Kimura just fucked up! Yes! Get her Cortana!

 

"I understand. I just want to do something. I can do more than just cleanup the already clean hallways and be a punching bag. I can help with stuff."

 

"You have a purely destructive personality. If anything, you should be terminated before you damage Father or his work." The lighting turns red.

 

"Then let me destroy stuff! If he points to something to destroy, then I'll do it. Killing, torture, detonation, it doesn't matter. You can at least tell him."

 

"Father creates. You are not necessary for him." 

 

"Tyler is Tyler. And you are not necessary for him either. He only wants you around. Perhaps you should stop thinking about what Tyler needs and instead what he wants!" The lighting switches to purple.

 

"You...are somehow right. Perhaps you could serve some use."

 

"Thank you, Cortana." 

"I wasn't finished. I'm sure Father will agree to your request as long as I am around to monitor you, but you are weak. More than that, I dislike the idea of you having so much freedom. You're like a rabid dog."

 

"Wow, thanks Cortana. Who knew that you could be so kind?"

 

"We both know you of all people don't have any kind of moral superiority. I'll have something arranged for you. I suggest you get as strong as you can before it arrives. Oh, and try not to die before you become useful." Darn it, Cortana must have known I was in here. 

 

I can't tell whether Cortana and Kimura are buddy buddies or not, but I need to get out of this vent. Kimura continues using the weight machine in different ways before she finally stumbles out of it and falls onto the floor face up and panting.

 

"You can come out now, girl. I can't put up a fight." She huffs, looking directly at me. I seep through the vent and onto the floor before reforming. 

 

"How did you know I was here?" It feels so much better to hold this shape.

 

"You left my drawer half open. And no one is getting through any of the doors except you. By the way, you're naked."

 

"Ah!!!" I cover myself up with my hands.

 

"Fuck, you're innocent. No need to be conservative, we're both female."

 

"It's not proper." I quickly grab my clothes through the vent and slip them on as Kimura gazes at me.

 

"You know it's rude to spy on people."

 

"Screw that. You tortured me for months!"

 

"Careful girly, you wouldn't want to curse accidentally. After all, what would your papa think?"

 

"SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HIM!"

 

"Hehe. Who knew corrupting a daddy's girl could be so fun."

 

"I'm not a daddy's girl. I haven't been after he sold me to you."

 

"Sheesh. No need to cry. I was just messing with you."

 

"Fuck you. Why were you talking to Cortana like that?"

"Why are you wearing such thin clothing? Trying to show off your nipples to Tyler?"

 

"No. I can't pull thick clothing through cracks."

 

"Huh. So you finally decided to put down your teddy bears and come out of your room to face me?"

 

"Why did you do it?"

 

"Torture you? Because it was my literal job to run experiments on you. Because you were useful to some people who paid me money. And because it was FUN." She smiles. The nerve.

 

"Then allow me to try." I form my fingers into long sharp blades and put them to her chest.

 

"You don't have the heart to do it. Besides, even if you did, revenge doesn't give the satisfaction people think it does. Also, if you were listening, I only take blunt damage." 

 

"What would you know about revenge?" I sneer.

 

"You look at me like I'm a monster-"

 

"Because you tortured me for 7 months."

 

"Actually it was for about 14, you were catatonic for the last 4. Pain tends to make time move weirdly. Make no mistake, Cessily, I am a monster. I enjoyed every second of pain I caused you. Even now, I partially enjoy the look of anguish on your face. But for what it's worth, it wasn't personal, I just really hate your personality."

 

"It sounds PRETTY personal to me."

 

"I was simply taking out my urges on you. I'm a monster and, like all monsters, I was created by other monsters. I don't know how much that really matters, but I was jealous of the love you had from your parents. You're so pure it makes me sick."

 

"He SOLD me for money. Just because I didn't look the same anymore. He called me sweetie. And you had to come along and put the thought of selling me in his head."

 

"Yeah, well, I wouldn't think about it too much. People tend to be pretty shitty and selfish. And if he hadn't sold you willingly, we would've just kidnapped you all. But if it still bothers you, going back to beat him half to death might work. It felt good when I did it."

 

"How can you keep smiling like this?"

 

"How else can you live in this mad world, other than to have fun?"

 

"You're a psychopath."

 

"Technically, I'm a sociopath."

 

"I don't know if I feel bad about what I've done. But I know that you'll be stronger for it. Maybe you'll find your happiness like me."

 

"What is your happiness?"

 

"It's pretty obvious, don't you think? He's kind, but not naive. Strong and so so incredibly VIOLENT. Ahhh! I could spend the rest of my life destroying things with him. I want to see him bruised."

 

"You're mad."

 

"Isn't everyone?...This is your chance to kill me if that's what you want. It'll have to be by suffocation, but it's doable. I can't resist."

 

"I'm not a monster like you."

 

"No monster is like me, but everyone is one. I get it, you need your decisions handed to you like your daddy did for you. Either you leave, let everything before be water under the bridge and become my new friend: or you kill me now."

 

"Why in God's name would I become your friend?"

 

"Isn't there something in the Bible about forgiveness? I'm pretty sure there is, I read it once."

 

"You're a goddamn witch. You know that?"

 

"Sooo what will it be?" 


"..."

 

"Come on now. Murder or Friends? Friends or Murder?" MURDER

 

I shape myself around her neck and choke down on her. 

 

"You need to do it harder." She wheezes. 

 

Eventually her head turns a bluish purple. But I can't.

"I'll never be friends with a monster like you. I'm better than you, my revenge is in staying that way." I look into her bulging eyes and release her.

 

*GASP* *COUGH COUGH COUGH* "I *COUGH* told you that you didn't have it in you, now that you've chosen, you can't be just a little flower anymore, I'll make you grow thorns."

 

"Fuck you."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*KNOCK KNOCK*

 

"Who is it?" I ask.

 

"Tyler."

 

"What is it?"

 

"I made ice cream."

 

"Umm, ok. I'll be out in a second."

 

"I brought some in a bowl for you to eat in your room. Mind if I come in?"

 

"Sure." 

 

He comes in carrying a large bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream in each hand, a slightly worried look on my face.

 

"Can I take a seat?" he asks, coming over to my bed.

 

I nod and scooch over as he sits beside me. He hands me a bowl and a spoon materializes out of his hand.

 

"It's pretty amazing what you can do."

 

"Thanks. You're pretty amazing yourself. Whether it's you being one of the most durable beings in the universe or having the strength to not take your revenge on Kimura, both are pretty amazing. I would have at least beat her up, or maybe something worse."

 

"Did Kimura or Cortana tell you about that?"

 

" Kimura wouldn't do something like that. And Cortana...isn't having the best of times with me right now. She's experimenting with her freedom, which I like, but freedom is freedom. Nope. I just overheard it. I hear almost everything for a few hundred meters around. I try to filter out some things, but it's difficult." 

 

"I...don't know how to feel about that."

 

"It's okay to feel a little invaded. But you should also know that many beings are watching you. God is just one of the many who do so. I like to imagine they look away sometimes, but that is just a lie I tell myself."

 

"Can I ask you something?"

 

"Of course."

 

"Why didn't you kill Kimura? You killed the people that captured Laura and her sisters. Why not her?"

 

"Because there's a difference between monsters who are made by other people and people who choose to become monsters. The difference is hard to see, but it's there. One can be saved and another cannot. At least I've never been able to. All I can do is send them to move onto the next stage of their life. Of course there is the fact that I know what Kimura has been through and everyone else has been faceless to me. And she is female, so there's that. I have my reasons and biases for not doing it myself, I guess. But that gives you and the Kinney's the chance to choose. You made your choice, we'll see what the Kinney's choose."

 

"You make it sound so simple."

 

"It is for me. I hope it isn't for you. The last thing you want is for things to be too easy for you. Because when things get tough, you won't be able to handle it."

 

"My dad has a far more black and white view of the world."

 

"Do you miss him? Or your mother?"

 

"I used to. But the more I think about it, the less I want to go back and the more uncertain I am about what to do."

 

"You can stay as long as you want. You have an ice cream mustache, by the way."

 

I turn away and quickly lick it off.

 

"Is it all gone?"

 

"Yeah." He smirks.

 

"Sorry, it's just that this is the best mint chocolate ice cream I've ever had. It's my favorite flavor."

 

"That's why I made it. You ordered quite a few tubs of it."

 

"Ohhh...Sorry."

 

"You can order whatever you want, but just try to buy in bulk next time. I have no judgment for your chosen coping mechanism. It's certainly healthier than mine since you don't gain weight from eating."

 

"Do you mind if I hug you?"

 

"Of course." 


I tentatively reach out for a hug, and he pulls me in. He feels warm and...fuzzy? 

 

"You know Mercury, you feel very soft. Not at all like what I expected, except for the coldness."

 

"I think that has more to do with you. Everyone else says I'm hard like metal when I'm in solid form. You feel very fuzzy."

 

"Ahh, sorry about that. I produce a lot of electricity. I hope it doesn't hurt you."

 

"No, no, it's fine. I like it." I finally pull away from him.

 

"Are you okay for now?"

 

"Yeah." I sniff.

 

"Okay. I have to get going, I have some business with Rachael. You should be able to go out within a few days after the last of the Facility is destroyed, but remember to keep communication with you at all times."

 

"Ok."

 

Tyler takes our bowls and leaves me alone with a smile. 

 

Now what do I do? I'm tired of binge-watching shows. I want to do something, but there's nothing to do. My friends think I died, so I have no one to talk to. I suppose I could try singing with Melissa or whatever Henry does. They're the only cheerful ones here.

 

Out of the blue, I get a message on my phone. But no one has my number?

 

Cortana: Don't speak. Don't make any noise. I have something for you to do if you're bored. Text yes or no.

 

Me: What is this about?

 

Cortana: Yes or no?

 

Me: Yes?

 

Cortana: Quickly sneak into the car truck. Tyler and Rachael are taking it. The car is unlocked.

 

Me: You want me to spy on them?

 

Cortana: No. I already know everything they're doing. I need you to do something very specific. You would learn everything sooner or later, so why not sooner? Aren't you curious about what kind of person my Father is? Get in the trunk quietly and don't make any unnecessary sounds. He won't be able to tell the difference between ambient sounds and you.

 

Me: I respect his privacy.

 

Cortana: He already told you that privacy is an illusion. Get in the trunk.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

And now I'm in the trunk of a car listening to my savior and a woman who worked with my torturer talking.

 

"Tyler." She asks

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Why me?"

 

"Why did I choose you to be my assistant, or why am I choosing to enter into a relationship with you?" They're dating?

 

"The latter, of course!"

 

"Because of all the women I know, you're the most normal. And you're also aware of the darker sides of the world."

 

"I didn't know normal was a good thing."

 

"It's neither good nor bad. My girlfriend, Gwen, has been pushing me to seek out other women as well. I'm not really for it, but it helps her feel better. I like you, and we'll be spending a lot of time together, so why not? But that's just my view on things. We can just be work partners if that's what you want." He wants her and still has a girlfriend?

 

"No. I'm fine with it if it's you. I just don't understand why she would try to get you involved with another woman. Doesn't she get jealous?"

 

"Yes, she gets very jealous. But she's convinced herself that if she wants to have me, then she'll need to share me. Part of it comes from an inferiority complex, but she's noticed that I seem to attract crazy women."

 

"Am I crazy?"

 

"No, you're normal. I'm talking about people like Kimura, maybe even Sin, not sure about her. My sister, Nia is the prime example. That's the other woman. She raped me not too long ago. And I don't have any doubt that she would kill people if I wasn't taking care of her needs." What?

 

"Wow…"

 

"Crazy. I know."

 

"Have you thought about being less nice to women?"

 

"No. I'm nice to everyone."

 

"But everyone at your factory is female besides you and Henry." That is strange.

 

"Things definitely have gotten out of hand, but I'm sure that everyone will leave once I solve their problems. They can live their old lives again. Or better ones."

 

"Not if you're so nice."

 

"Maybe this universe is just out to get me."

 

"Where are we headed?"

 

"One of my new assets, a small local recycling plant. I bought it the other day and I want to modify it right away. I'm too lazy and too impatient to wait and go through the proper channels. They already know that they were sold, so if I just act confident, and you look pretty, then things will flow smoothly. Then I want to take you out on a date. "

 

"I thought you said my job involved a lot of paperwork."

"It does, but we can leave that out for now."

 

Cortana: So what do you think of Father?

 

Me: I think that I don't like being in trunks.

 

Cortana: It's better than staying in your room. Get adventurous. Also don't text so hard, he might notice.


Me: What is it that you want me to do?

 

Cortana: Just film their date and everything afterwards. You will be rewarded.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Me: They're eating at a tea parlor.

 

Cortana: I know that! Keep the camera pointed steadily at them through the window. I'll zoom in. DON'T BE SEEN.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Me: They're going to get massages together. I can't follow them.

 

Cortana: Take the vents. Follow the blueprints I sent you to room 4. They'll be there.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Me: Why did Rachael want to go to a hotel? The factory is only a half hour away?

 

Cortana: Kimura was right, you're so innocent. Where do babies come from?"

 

Me: When two people love each other very much, The lord blesses the woman with a child, right?

 

Cortana: I almost feel sorry for you. Just follow the air ducts like last time. They'll be in the top floor suite.

 

Me: Why would I watch them sleep? That's creepy.

 

Cortana: Just do it. Father will get rid of hidden cameras in the room. I need video. Maybe you can learn something.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I have the camera peeking through the air vents as Rachael comes into the room, pulling Tyler by his shirt with her mouth locked to his. 

 

"Mmm. I've decided. I only want to drink wine when it comes from your mouth." Rachael jumps on Tyler and wraps her legs around him.

"Is that the only reason you want to kiss me?" Tyler smirks.

 

"Nooo. I told you not to tease me."

 

"But you're cute." Tyler says as he kisses her neck. But don't people only kiss on the cheek?

 

"Ahhh. Do you mind if I stay in my uniform?"

"Do you mind if I bite?"

 

"No."

 

"Then neither do I." Tyler takes off his pants, and he has a third leg?

 

"I think I know why your girlfriend wants to loan you out. Your dick won't fit." 

 

"Relax. I'll make the pain go away. And if it hurts, we can just stop." Tyler slips her underwear to the side, bites her neck till it bleeds, and sticks his...dick inside her vagina. Electricity zaps off of him.

 

"Ahhhhhhh!!! Why does it feel so GOOOOD?"

 

"Tell you later. Just tell me how hard you want it."

 

"As hard as you can without hurting me."

 

=<=>=

50