01 Lost Lamb Finds a Stayplace
68 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

                [Wake up]

 

                Hm???

 

                [Wake up --]

 

                Where am I? What is this, it’s too dark. Did someone turn off the light?

 

                 I felt warmth all over my body, it’s very comfortable, as if taking a hot bath after a tiring day. I felt safe as if it’s encasing my whole being.

 

                Wait. Encased?

 

                When I realized that I’m in a enclosed space I tried to breathe but failed to do so, thus I panicked.

 

                Damn it did the doctors really check if I’m dead?! Atleast don’t burn my body damn it, I saved lots of lives and this is what they do to me?!

 

                I squirmed with all my might and saw some light up ahead. What kind of sicko would dump my corpse inside this tunnel thing. I swear to God I’m gonna pay this back to them tenfold. I continued with my squirming until I noticed that something was actually trying to grab me. Is it a rescue? Thank God, I hope they won’t get creeped out when they see me moving when they thought I was a corpse.

 

                The person finally got hold of me, but it’s quite unnerving since the person easily grabbed my whole head, what kind of giant is this that can grab hold of the head of a full grown Asian man? It gave me some chills, but a rescue is still a rescue, if ever they have bad plans against me I’ll leave the worrying for later, since getting out of this claustrophobic space is definitely a must priority.

 

                Its getting brighter up ahead. Finally I was able to breathe but barely. I was feeling the air on my head.

 

                Moments later I felt totally liberated as I no longer felt wrapped up in something anymore, hell I definitely don’t want to experience that again. It suddenly got brighter so much tho. It’s irritating and scary what the heck. I suddenly heard people talking and someone’s kid is crying I think.

 

                [Mistress Leta, it’s  a healthy handsome boy! Congratulations!]

 

                Some more women were squealing and making girly noises.

 

                [*pant… Thank the Gods… my treasure is finally with us… *pant… please call Adolph… let him in]

 

                [In a moment Mistress.]

 

                Whoa someone just gave labor here? What the fuck, this is a quarantine ward, which sicko let them  here?! There’s something slimy by my eyes so I can’t still see well and my eyes are still adjusting with the light. When suddenly someone wrapped me with a towel.

 

                Gee thanks, but more importantly someone get that woman who finished her labor out of here and bring her in the disinfection pod. Damn I still can’t speak huh… But wait my throat doesn’t feel sore anymore.

 

                Oi, oi, wait a sec… I’m not in pain anymore, each of my disease symptoms is gone. Whoa did someone make an even better cure than what I did?

 

                [Oh Leta! Thank you so much, thank the Gods so much, where is he? Where is my boy?]

 

                Great, they did not just evacuate the ward, they even invited someone in! Outrageous! Wait why am I floating?? No I’m being held and lifted up, seriously this is fricking scary, just how big are the new people in our camp. Why did I even let my guard down, this is a military base, who knows if the got stuff like A*T going around here. Do titans finally exist?

 

                I felt someone gently wiping my face, finally the sticky stuff are gone. I tried opening my eyes to look around but found it kinda hard, but I can still see ahead of me. But holy shit.

 

                Titans do exist holy shit!

 

                When my vision cleared up, I saw two really large faces wearing big smiles looking at me. Shit I’m going to end up dying in the stomach of a titan this time, wasn’t dying of a virus the first time not enough? Does the world intend to make me suffer even more? I started tearing up and crying uncontrollably.

 

                [This… He’s really more perfect than I prayed for. Thank you Leta my love. You indeed is the biggest blessing the Gods bestowed upon me in this life.]

 

                Huh? What the fuck this man titan talking about? I was so startled I slowed down my crying.

 

                Wait, do titans talk that fluently?

 

                I tried blinking a few more times and my eyes finally adjusted to the light. I looked once more to the ‘titans’ in front of me.

 

                The one who spoke that seems to be the husband was a fair looking middle aged man, he sure looks suave. I betcha a lot of girls would fall hard for his aged gentleman look if he attended a komiket somewhere. While the one closer to me was a stunning but exhausted looking beauty, heck she’s too beautiful to be a titan! They’re supposed to be messed up and stuff! Seriously what is happening?!

 

                A sudden realization swept over Simoun’s overactive brain.

 

                Wait… shit. No no no no no no…

 

                It couldn’t possibly be, but it definitely is. I often daydreamed about things like this. The main character crosses to a new world and becomes so overpowered on his journey to defeat something, or just gets crossed over to another world just for the heck of it and becomes a useless goddess’ companion or something. Like Earth just yeeted their souls somewhere far and mystical.

 

                I fricking crossed over to a new world after I died. And these people I mistook for titans are my supposed parents. Wow. Let me repeat it. Wow.

 

                I really can’t speak right now but I have to bombard them with questions about this world once I gain the ability to speak. Heck this is a new world, there are lots of stuff to learn about and discover!

 

                The man, no my father took me from my mother’s arms and carefully held me in his arms. My thoughts halted at once when I looked at my father’s eyes. It clearly conveys an emotion I only saw from other parents looking at their kids before. This warm gaze contains unexplainable… love.

 

                I didn’t notice when I stopped crying or how long we were holding a staring contest. But my old man suddenly looked delighted and rubbed our cheeks together.

 

                Hey! Stop it your beard is so tickling me! Hey stop! Fuck it this is why it’s hard to be a baby that can’t speak. I can’t even defend myself. His beard was really too ticklish that I sounded like a was giggling.

 

                [This eyes, like the dark skies at night but shines brighter than sun colored ones, like a fire refusing to die in darkness. You will be called Ammon, son of Leta Agares Solaso-Ventura, and I Adolph Regia Ventura. I swear upon the heavens and the darkness and wish for the Gods to hear my plea and bless this child,] My father suddenly started glowing, holy shit this is magic right? Magic is a common thing in this world right? Holy cheesecakes and potato salads I can’t wait to try it all! [let this child grow as how he wills and protect him from unnecessary evils.]

 

                Wow, isn’t this like some kind of high grade blessing or ritual something. I might really be the mc of this thing. I’m buffed right after being born to this world. Wait. Does that mean the tunnel earlier was…

 

                No no no, refrain from idiotic thoughts. I’m in a world where magic exists. Sure I’m still a baby but, damn isn’t this a man’s true dream?! After all I went through back in Earth I’m finally getting good stuff! God, Buddha, Tree Spirits, anything religious, thank you!!!

 

                [Dear what a wonderful name you gave him. Come let me feed him, he must get all the nourishment he needs if he is to grow as you wish don’t he?] My mother was half crying seeing my father give me a name and a blessing, even though I don’t know what it is, that definitely must be something big. I mean he glowed. You don’t normally get that from a normal father. Not that I know much about fathers and whatnot.

 

                Well after hearing that, my father, Adolph handed me back to my mother in this world, Leta. It seems like this is a fairly developed world considering their naming sense. I will surely not waste this second life I have right now. No more failures are tolerated this time. On one hand tho, this milk surely tastes… oddly good. Man I’m getting drowsy all of a sudden, I keep forgetting my body is still that of a baby, surely a small brain like this isn’t very suited for such stream of thoughts I’m used to…

 

                It’s fine to sleep right? I can trust my still new born body to these people right? They’re my supposed family, so I guess all will be fine…

 

                Hmmm……

 

◾ ◼ ⬛ ◽ ◻ ⬜◾ ◼ ⬛◽ ◻ ⬜◾ ◼ ⬛◽ ◻ ⬜◾ ◼ ⬛

 

                Ventura Household, Lady Leta’s Quarters

 

                [My love are you sure there’s nothing hurting in you? Shall I call the lady of the house of Gardeen to check on you? I can have someone rush over there immediately.] An over-worrying border-line annoying fine-looking middle-aged gentleman was kneeling beside his wife’s bed, uncontrollably spouting out his worries over his wife who just gave labor to their child.

 

                [Dear, cease your worries. Don’t inconvenience your dear friend Dirk to send his wife over here just to look at my perfectly fine body. I am just a bit tired, nothing more. And just looking at our little treasure’s face relieves a great part of that tiredness.] His wife lovingly gazed at the little being wrapped in cloth she held in her arms.

 

                Seeing that sight, Adolph’s gaze softened considerably too. Such a sight would really make a man the most content and happiest of all, but also the most afraid. The world is vast and in this world they live in, danger is no stranger. ‘I must make this place he grows up in the safest and the best place to hone his strength if he wishes to, my house filled with the best educating books if that is the path he desire.’, Adolph vowed silently, unknowingly setting up the best stage for one of the greatest people of this era. Well not that he knows about it. For right now, his sincerest wish is that his child be the one who will control his destiny, just as he did as his father wished, and his forefathers did.

 

                The Ventura Household grew strong because of this freedom.

 

                [That is a look I have missed looking at dear, that face of conviction that made me forget you are a fool and decided to marry you.] His wife teased seeing him spacing out suddenly while staring at her.

 

                [Well you would have fallen head over heels to this fool even without this look full of conviction am I not right? Have you forgotten how you molested me on our first meeting?]

 

                [Stop fooling around, it was you who defiled my eyes back then Adolph, don’t change the story like that mph-]

 

                He cut his wife’s words by suddenly placing his lips above hers.

 

                [Leta, I love you as much as the stars in the night sky.] He said after their short but undeniably full of love kiss.

 

                [And I love you so, as much as the space between the stars in the sky are.]

 

                [Let us raise our child with both of our love for each other combined yeah?]

 

                [Indeed, let us spare nothing to raise a finer gentleman than you. I do hope he won’t catch the fool in you tho.]

 

                Warm smiles and warm laughter filled the room where a sleeping newborn child with his parents showing their affection for each other. Just as a cruel life in another world ended, a better life in another is in view.

3