Start of A New Journey
1.4k 1 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd POV)

A small ship is sent hurtling through the void of space, having just exited hyperspace near a small satellite orbiting a nearby planet. The planet could only be described as a sparkling blue and white jewel. A delicate sky-blue sphere outlined with swirling veils of white.

Truly magnificent. It was a shame the sole passenger aboard the ship was currently unconscious, unable to truly appreciate the wonder right in front of her.

The ship continues to approach the planet as it is painted with flames as it breaks the atmosphere and begins its descent to the unknown world, heading straight for the large landmass of ice in the distance.

However, something strange happened just before the ship entered the lower atmosphere. The flaming ball that appeared over the horizon began to cast it's warming rays on the small vessel.

Suddenly, in the vessel, the slumbering child's eyes snapped open as unimaginable power surged through her very cells. With an explosion of heat and power, the young girl burst out of the ship sending it slightly off course towards the vast oceans below.

The girl simply hovered in the air. Radiating power like none before her, yet seemingly not in a conscious state, her body drinking the rays of the sun. absorbing more power than it had ever held in its entire life. Her flowing onyx hair slowly morphing into a beautiful golden blonde. Underneath her hardening skin, her muscles became denser, her bones harder, her very blood beginning to glow. Marvelous changes continued to happen to her body and it was slowly being molded into perfection.

At the same time, in another dimension, one that is both everywhere and also nowhere. In a white room, an unknown being watched as it's chosen champion had her first taste of true power. It relished the sight, knowing that soon, with that being relative to an entity that has existed long before the creation of the universe, the time would come for its champion to fulfill the task she and her kind had been created for so long ago.

"But for now it's too soon." the being said grandly as the girl fell from the sky headfirst heading towards what the planet's inhabitants would call the North sea. The power her body gained leaving her all at once as if it were never there in the first place, slowly but surely refilling as she continued to bathe in the warm glow of the sun.

The unknown being decided to help its champion and subtly guided her back towards her ship now floating in the waters and sent it towards where it needed to be. It would help no further until their eventual meeting as there was no need. If she fails to find her way then it will wait for the next champion. There are others. There will be others. And it has all the time it will ever need.

 

# # #

 

[Location:

Themyscira

Island of Healing

April 1937]

(POV Epione)

I'm currently walking the shores of Themyscira as is my duty as chief physician of the Amazons. I do so at least once a day every day during my break. Both because it is calming and equally so because I have a task to perform. Although the last time was over ten years ago, every so often thanks to the goddess of the sea's guidance, we have young girls from the patriarch's world wash up on the island in need of aid. The island was enchanted by the goddess Gaea with the ability to always be where it needs to be so those children the goddess Thetis deems special are always brought to shore.

It is then my job to care for the child until she is well enough to have her guardian of inspiration selected and undergo the send forth ritual. The ritual allows those worthy the chance to be blessed as full amazons while those unworthy are given a mission to spread peace and equality throughout their lives and are sent back to the shores where the goddess will return them to their homestead before they were ever even washed away.

Those worthy stay on the island and are trained in our ways to become fellow sisters. We do not get many of these types anymore as the world outside of Themyscira has become tainted with chaos and malice. If not for our immortality granted by the gods, as a physician I would be worried about our population.

I continue to walk the shores just about ready to return to my station, positive one of the girls, especially princess Diana, must have injured themselves by now in the hour I had been away only to come across a strange sight that instantly put me on my guard.

There is some kind of metal vessel beached on the island and it does not look to be from the world. This would not be the first time we have encountered beings from other worlds but it would be the first time one isn't hostile. So I'm not taking any chances. That is until I feel it. Something in my very core, faint whispers in my ear, telling me to move forward.

I might be worried I was being manipulated had I not received guidance from the gods before. I know this feeling well. It seems I must inform the queen to prepare the ritual soon.

I go towards the vessel, still on my guard despite being pushed forward by the gods themselves. Although I will take care of what is inside, I know not if the vessel itself has any defensive measurements. Thankfully my worries are for naught as I get closer only to see the one responsible for the gods screaming in my head.

A small child can be seen unconscious inside. I had expected something otherworldly like the Parademons from long ago, but she appears to be human. At least only in appearance, my instincts tell me this child is anything but human and I can practically feel the power radiating off of her. She reminds me much of Princess Diana in that regard, although I can also feel her growing stronger by the second. It is a frightening thing to witness in that regard.

She has very oddly colored hair with most of it as black as night while a few strands are a very beautiful golden blonde. She is covered in what appears to be ash and dried blood but I don't see any immediate injuries so I'm unworried. The filth however does detract from her appearance. Although she is still a child and it is hard to call her beautiful, simply calling her cute would not do her justice. If she chooses to stay on the island like I believe the gods hope for, I know she will receive many courting requests once she reaches maturity. Possibly even before that if princess Diana is interested as they appear to be around the same age. That girl is still in her rebellious phase however so I can only pray to Aphrodite that she will eventually find someone in the future.

For now, though, my focus should be on this child. I can send someone else to deal with the vessel later as there might be something that can identify her on it if she has any memory issues like some of the girls washed up have had. There also could be personal items as well so it is best not to tamper with it too much. Moving it should not pose an issue.

I pick up the small child and I'm surprised she appears to be heavier than I anticipated. That is not to say the girl is large but she is very dense. If she still has room to grow, I'm sure she will be very powerful.

I couldn't help but notice her attire while carrying her off to my office. The clothing itself doesn't appear to be anything special, although it appears durable. What caught my attention is the giant red S, plastered on her chest. I could not help but feel it held some sort of special meaning.

I might be being hasty with this decision, especially considering she might not choose to say even if the gods want her to, but I will commission Anastasia to have the symbol included on all of her armor and clothing in the future.

Hopefully, she will be thankful for the gesture.

47