7: Transfer
447 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

7: Transfer

Jessica’s view

“... Sia?”

“Yes, love?”

… I wasn’t prepared for that. I just ended up staring at her… and then realized I was smiling as I did so.

“I haven’t seen that look of happy shock on your face in a while.”

Osia seemed very pleased with herself, and was purring quite strongly.

“Uh, er, um… I, uh, have a weird thing to say. It would probably be best for Revvy to hear too.”

One lengthy and weird explanation later…

“Well, if you want to invite humans in, no one will stop you. You’ve gained authority here.”

“I still find it amazing the legends of the orbs speaking to the rightful king are real.”

“I don’t get why you just shake your heads when I explained how to become the ruler of the city control crystals though.”

“You don’t remember, do you?”

“Remember what?”

“The magic signature spell. The one you use to mark the orb and become the owner.”

“We were taught that early in magic class.”

“Jessi, you were the only one to successfully cast it. We were being taught as an example of spells only some people could cast, with the expectation that it would fail for everyone and provide an example of what to expect when a spell fails.”

“Rev, Jessi’s never failed a spell.”

“Oh, right. No wonder you don’t remember that lesson properly.”

“Anyway, are you sure it’s alright to bring them over?”

“That boy David, is you, right? Just keep an eye on them, and don’t let them become a problem.”

“I wonder what boy Jessi is like.”

“Sorry, Sia, but I doubt you’ll like him.”

“Are you and he not the same?”

“I feel like I act and react very differently as David compared to Jessica.”

“That sounds weird to me.”

“I… I think I understand.”

“How so, Revvy?”

“I’m pretty different when I’m with you, Jess, compared to when I’m alone. I feel a lot more confident and safe with you around, ‘cause I know you’ll never condemn me for being me.”

“Honestly, I feel kinda sad that you don’t have more accepting people in your life, Rev.”

“Psst, hey sir priest.”

“Wha! Wh-who are you? What are you doing here? Why is no one else waking up?!”

“I’m Jessica. The hero’s other life. I want to hear your honest answer, do you really want to go? Or would you rather stay behind. Previously, it sounded like you were being coerced by the rogue, and I don’t want to take you against your will.”

“Y-you aren’t afraid I’ll report you?”

“Why would I be? I’m one of the most powerful people in the world. What do I have to fear?”

“...”

“Look, I really don’t care if you tell others what happened here. If they want to make trouble for the guy who slew an ancient dragon so some noble could mount the head as a trophy, that’s their decision. You just do what you think is right, okay?”

“O-okay. I-I’ll be reporting everything back to the church. You… you really won’t do anything to me?”

“I won’t.”

“Th-thank you. Thank you for letting me go.”

He then ran off. I do hope he’ll be alright. 

“Huh? Where are we?”

“Welcome to Demi. I’m Jessica, this is Osia, and Revenna”

“... and the hero’s asleep.”

“Well, it is the middle of the night on the human side of things.”

“But it’s light outside the window.”

“It’s day here in Demi when it’s night in the human kingdom.”

“... say, you’ve been using the name of this land but not the name of Castile?”

“I… I don’t like that place. You humans let people starve and die all the time, just because of your greed!”

“What? That’s unfair!”

“It’s true. I only became a Rogue because I’d starve if I didn’t. I’m one of the lucky ones. I knew people who did starve. Of my group of friends when I was young, I’m one of only three to survive so far.”

“It’s common knowledge that adventurers are either desperate or crazy. It’s the only job that anyone can sign up for, with no questions asked. People only get fed if they have money, and not everyone gets money.”

“Are you saying it’s different here?”

“Yes. Everyone is provided with free room and board if they wish, though the accommodations are fairly basic. If you have money, you can obtain a more lavish lifestyle.”

“How can you afford that?”

“Magic, obviously.”

“...”

“Let me guess, in all your studies of magic, you never learned how to improve crop yields, right? If not for the blessings of the priests, I doubt the human kingdom would’ve even lived as long as it has due to declining crop yields as the soil nutrients get used up. It’s due to god’s blessings that the farms produce the same yield every year.”

“H-how do you know so much?”

“I learned about how to improve crop yields. About magic items used to refresh the soil and maximize crop growth rates. Without the right spells in place, a farm's yield would decrease every year. It’s one of the reasons we have to take city maintenance so seriously.”

After introductions, I then had to show them around and make sure they’d be able to avoid causing problems with the culture clash. Then in preparation for night, I took the hero back to my room.

“Why are you staring at him, Jessi?”

“Thinking about fucking myself.”

“Eh? Why?”

“Well… he’s the hero, and I’m the demon king, right? So what would our child be like?”

“No! You can’t!”

“Eh? Rev? What?”

“I want you to have my children, not his!”

“Does… does that mean you’re willing to get… that?”

“Y-yeah, Sia. I’d been thinking about it. I-I’ll do it. For the sake of… of… I wanna see Jessi’s belly full of my children!”

“Alright, Rev.” I gave her a kiss and stroked her tail.

“Hey, can I have your kids too? I don’t want Jessi to be the only one with a big belly. I wanna experience it too.”

“Eh? I, uh… yeah, but… aren’t we supposed to be Jessi’s harem, Sia? If I father children with both of you, then it’s more like you two are my harem.”

“I don’t mind.” 

“See! This is why I love Jessi so much. She just accepts everything!”

“Gosh… I never thought I’d have a harem.”

“Hey, what about when you sleep, Jess? You’re not exactly good at staying up late.”

“You two can do whatever you like with me while I sleep.”

“Yes!” 

Eh? I wasn’t expecting that response from Revenna. Maybe Osia, but not Revenna. Was she holding back?

That night, while the hero me slept on the couch in my room, Revenna did her best to make mothers out of Osia and I. Magic is awesome.

11