10: Revenna’s Influence
338 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10: Revenna’s Influence

David’s view

“Uh, I know I suggested you carry me so I wouldn’t slow you down, but why are you carrying me like this?”

It was just a princess carry. What’s the big deal?

“Well, my sword is on my back, so I can’t carry you there. You’d get seriously hurt if we tried that at this speed.”

“Isn’t this hard on your arms?”

“Hah, I’ve never known tiredness or exhaustion in this life. I’m not sure what my limits really are, but this is nothing. You’re much lighter than some of the monster corpses I’ve hauled around to sell.”

… is he blushing? Gah, could Rev actually be right? That makes no sense… gah! Stop thinking of her luscious… gah! Think of the priest’s face instead! … I’m not revolted by that image… Focus, David! 

*thwack!*

Ow. Tree branch to the face.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just not paying enough attention. Trees like to remind me not to get distracted while running through forests.”

“That doesn’t really sound like a thing trees do.”

“Hey, when I get distracted for too long, I get hit by a branch. Even if the trees don’t intend to do that, it happens.”

“That’s your fault, not the tree’s fault.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

… did he just giggle? … that was cute… damnit, David, you don’t even know his name yet! Don’t let Rev’s over-active imagination get to you! … damn her for planting that idea in my head. I can’t get rid of it! Seeing the priest get embarrassed and act cute in my arms isn’t helping!

Jessica’s view

“Damnit Rev, I think David’s falling for the priest and it’s all your fault!”

“You don’t sound unhappy.”

“Pft. Yeah, it’s hilarious! Oh geeze. How is it that when I think back on those memories now, I feel completely different about it? Well, except the priest was cute.”

“No, you aren’t supposed to be falling for him, just David!”

“Well, I am David. I’m just Jessica too.”

“Jessica’s mine.”

“Jessica’s ours.”

“Well, you’re mine too, Sia.”

“... I guess that’s okay.”

“I’m not sure if I should be happy or sad that you two are fighting over me.”

“Why would you be sad?”

“Because I don’t like seeing you upset.”

“...”

“...”

I got hugged. 

“I kinda wish I could watch over your other life too.”

“I’m afraid that type of magic isn’t my specialty, Rev.” 

“Yeah, your specialty is destruction.”

“That’s not fair, Sia. I spent a lot of time studying enchantment.”

“Yet destruction is what you’re best at. You actually aren’t that good at enchantment. Your horns are no better than mine.”

“... I wanted them to be pretty.”

“They are pretty, Jess, but your skill at enchantment really isn’t any better than mine, despite how much time you spent trying to find an exploit in it.”

“I did find one.”

“The mana siphon and storage synergy that’s already in common use.”

“...”

“Your specialty is destruction, Jess.”

“You destroyed the testing field with an ice spell.”

“You froze a barrier so badly it shattered.”

“The teacher was left in a daze, and couldn’t even explain how that could happen. An anti-spell barrier has never been frozen like that before.”

“You once burned a stone wall and set off poison gas alarms at the same time.”

“The teacher couldn’t explain that event either.”

“It really made them panic though.”

“Okay, okay, I get it. I’m good at destroying things.”

“Well, maybe the old scrying spells will work with you as the link.”

“I suppose if the two of them really are the same person, they should be linked, and that would let you spy on David while she sleeps.”

“Uh, Rev? If you do that, when will you sleep?”

“Oh, I don’t really need sleep. I found a work-around for that a long time ago. I only sleep when I feel like it, or when I’m low on mana, since staying awake does reduce my ability to recover mana.”

“... should I be worried that you’re thinking of watching over me all day and all night?”

“If you don’t want me to, I won’t.”

“No, it’s fine. I don’t really care. It’s just a little weird. I thought it was just Osia who was obsessive about me, but I guess you are too, just in a different way.”

“I don’t cling like Osia, but I definitely don’t want to give you to other people… well, not the Jessica you. I’m not concerned about letting someone else have David.”

“You don’t want David?”

“No, I don’t. He’s… different. I don’t know how to explain it.”

“... I hate to admit it but he is different. When I’m him, I get easily distracted by memories of seeing you two naked. Now though, as Jessica, I’m completely unphased by it.”

Osia giggled at that. “He did seem like he might be amusing to tease. He definitely reacts a lot more than you do, Jess.”

“Oh, right. He would’ve seen us… I totally forgot about him that night. I was just so happy to finally get to… Say, how long does it take to know if you’re pregnant anyway?”

“Pretty sure there’s a spell for that, but I don’t know it.”

“I knew I forgot to study something. I got all the spells I needed to fill you with babies, but I forgot to learn the spell to check and make sure it worked.”

“Should be a pretty common spell. You can probably look it up in the next town’s library.”

***Author Note***

Revenna is seriously the only reason things turned out how they did. I had a plan, and then Rev is like: “No, no, you can’t have her, she’s mine!” Then she started spouting nonsense about the priest… nonsense my imagination approved of… I’ve never written BL before. I guess I’ll find out how it goes.

12