13: Plotting against myself
268 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

13: Plotting against myself

Jessica’s view

The next town filled their dungeon with… Orcs?

“We call them pigmen. One of the previous kings insisted that they must have the head of a pig. No one really understands why, but we have no reason to refuse, so that became our traditional choice of monster.”

… I’m clearly not the first king to come from another world. No way am I gonna preserve that rule. 

“Jess, if you want to fill the dungeon with beautiful men and women, you’re gonna need to make a plan for defenses! If they cover up with armor, their beauty will be wasted.”

“I’ve got a plan, Rev. There’s an environmental spell I’m working on. This dungeon is gonna conduct psychological warfare.”

I then showed Rev my rough draft version.

“... Oh… oh! This… thank you Jess! Finally, I get to watch them do something! The two of them have just been so stubborn!”

“I’m still not convinced your ideas about the priest are accurate, but this should at least clear all the uncertainty.”

David’s view

“Um, David? Is there a reason you’re just standing outside the dungeon and not going in?”

“I’m just worried.”

“About what?”

“I’m pretty sure that’s the dungeon Jessica just finished remodelling.”

“You know exactly what’s changed, right?”

“Yeah. That’s why I’m hesitating.”

“What’s the problem?”

“Dangerous levels of honesty.”

“I don’t quite follow.”

“Mind-affecting enchantment throughout the entire dungeon.”

“That’s a simple thing to ward against.”

“Unless it exploits a loophole and isn’t considered a hostile effect.”

“How can that happen?”

“Technically, it’s not harmful. It just makes people be more honest about things… well, it might be more accurate to say: It’s something the gods approve of. Both gods, in fact. A true rarity.”

“If god approves then there’s nothing to be afraid of!”

Thus did Edward boldly charge forwards… *sigh* I can’t let him enter alone.

“I’m glad you followed me so quick. I feel safe around you.”

“Well, I can’t just let someone I care about wander into danger alone.”

“Wow. That kind of thing is why I love you so damn much… oh god.” 

Edward looked mortified.

“I told you it caused dangerous levels of honesty… Don’t be so scared. I… I’m pretty sure I love you too.”

“R-really!?”

“Yeah.”

“Why do you look so uncertain?”

“I thought I was straight! I’d never even thought of a guy as attractive before!”

“You’re afraid?”

“Yeah. I’m afraid of not knowing myself. Not knowing who I am. I thought I knew!”

Damnit, I’m crying. I’m supposed to be the strong one!

“It’s okay, it’s okay. We can figure it out. No rush.”

… let’s not dwell on how long I cried.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to break down like that.”

“No, don’t be sorry. I’m glad to know more about you.”

“Is it bad that I’m having fantasies about you now?”

“What sort of fantasies.”

“Sexual ones. I’m not sure if I’d really enjoy it or not, but…”

“You want to find out?”

“Yeah.”

“Does this dungeon’s enchantment affect libido too? ‘Cause I find myself wanting to explore such things too.”

“Not exactly. It amplifies existing feelings towards others, so there must be some desire to begin with. People who hate one another will hate each other more, while people who love one another will love each other more. It’s designed to exploit the feedback systems human minds already have that lead one’s thoughts to go in circles and obsess over things, so that even small hints or suggestions can become far more effective than normal.”

“You’re sounding like a mage now.”

“Oh… right… that’s how Jessica talks. I wasn’t expecting… well… I designed this place with getting the two of us closer as a major goal, because I was convinced the feelings were mutual for some reason.”

“I think you’ve found one of the answers you were seeking.”

“Huh?”

“You and Jessica really are the same person. You’re talking about things Jessica did without making any distinction that it’s her and not you, because she is you.”

“... but that doesn’t make any sense. If we are the same person, why do we behave and react so differently to things?”

“Maybe it’s just because of your experiences being so different depending on which body you’re in. Like how people will behave differently depending on who they’re with. It’s common for someone to behave differently at work, compared to at home, or when with friends at a party.”

“Why is it that every time we talk, I find myself loving you more?”

“May I kiss you?”

“You may do anything you like.”

Apparently I like kissing Edward… and a lot of other things too. We’ll have to leave conquering the dungeon for another day. Today is a rest and recreation day.

Revenna’s view

It’s sweet that they finally confessed but… they were supposed to go further in and get into an orgy with the dungeon monsters! Why are they stopping in the main entry hall? They’ve barely gone anywhere! *sigh* and Jessica makes me use a modified scrying tool that forces me to give them privacy so I can’t even watch the best part. Dang it, hurry up and ask for permission already! I know you don’t mind, Jess! You’re just blocking it because you don’t want me spying on your new boyfriend without his consent! It's not like dungeons are private locations! It's normal to spy on invading adventurers!

Osia’s view

Jess woke up with the most amazing smile today. The plan must’ve worked well. I don’t even need to ask anyone, when I see the way Jess is lavishing attention on Rev. It’s clear she’s trying to show her thanks. God I love her. 

Seeing how happy Rev is with all this attention, I couldn’t help but join in and help Jess turn this day into a day of Revenna loving. Happiness and smiles… this is what life should be.

***Author Note***

Huh. The question of whether they are one person or two got resolved a lot faster and more suddenly than I expected. That wasn’t something I thought would happen here. I thought it’d take a few more chapters at least, and definitely didn’t think this dungeon effect was going to solve it. My imagination really likes surprising me. The rest was mostly according to plan… mostly.

8