21: Unintended Entertainment
178 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

21: Unintended Entertainment

Jessica’s view

“Oh no, oh no… this is a water dungeon!”

“I don’t understand, what’s the issue Jess?”

“Sia, the water dungeon is always notorious for being unpleasant and slow.”

“This isn’t a theme park.”

“... maybe it should be? … I need to do a lot of remodelling.”

David’s view

I’d planned out a grand adventure. A tour of water and speed and thrills and…

“There’s a giant key sitting here by the entrance.”

“It’s not supposed to be here.”

“Why is it here then?”

“That’s a good question, Ed”

“Um… are you sure we have to just slide down these?”

“It’s a water slide. I need to ride through and figure out how the key got here.”

“This is clearly not the path the key took. Keys don’t climb up rivers.”

“Yes, but this path will lead to where the key was supposed to be.”

*dink*

“Another key just dropped down.”

“That’s just the return to start pathway for people who mess up. Keys shouldn’t be coming down here.”

“What are these keys for?”

“They are supposed to be for the boss room. To enter the boss room, someone has to first collect the boss key.”

“Why are you making this so complicated?”

“Well, if people see a path to get something, they’re less likely to search around for other paths. Getting people to waste time on a method that takes forever is great.”

“Well, the key is clearly not taking a long time to get.”

Dang it, feels like trying to go through the maze of water slides is going to be a waste of time now. 

“Rebecca! What the heck is going on!”

“Uh… is she the one you say is always spying on you?”

“Yup.”

“How is she supposed to contact you?”

“Ah, here it is.”

A letter showed up.

“You have a way to send letters.”

“Yup. Magic is great.”

“I don’t suppose you’d like to share that with message companies? Would be a big help if we could get letters delivered faster.”

“I suppose I could help set something up. Anyway, let’s see what she has to say:”

The water sprites populating the dungeon began playing with the keys. It’s been a lot of fun to watch. Every now and then a key gets lost during play, and they make a new one. You should come watch! They even made themselves little flags to indicate teams! I’m betting on blue.

“You’ve started a sports team in the water dungeon.”

“It wasn’t on purpose! *sigh* I guess I’ll just have to remodel everything again, and focus on the sports instead. Maybe require people to play and win to get a key.”

***Author Notes***

Life is distracting me. Often I wish I could just focus on fun, and not have to deal with life. Need like a mom to take care of me or something. Too bad she's not able to do that anymore (old age sucks).

7