22: Diversions
187 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

22: Diversions

Jessica’s view

“I don’t get why you’re remodeling the boss room.”

“Rev, David’s having too much fun playing with the water sprites and will probably stay here a while, so I need something to do.”

“You could play too.”

“... I guess I am playing.”

David’s view

“Are you finally done playing?” Edward’s exasperation was pretty evident in his tone. I suppose it has been about a week since we got here.

“Yeah. I suppose winning a game solo, against a team of 32 water sprites is enough.”

“I still can’t believe you kicked a ball from your goal all the way to the opponent’s goal, despite being underwater, and having so many sprites trying to block the path.”

“Did take me a lot of practice.”

“A week! It took you only a week of playing to reach that point!”

“Wait… are you exasperated by how much time I spent, or by how little time I spent?”

“Both! You could’ve been done with this half a week ago! You even said you were done with the remodelling after just three days!”

“You never objected. In fact, I think you said something about appreciating the view yesterday?” Oooh, he blushed nicely at that. So. Darn. Cute.

“Well… they did set up a nice viewing screen with a really good look at the action.”

“I know you spent the whole time staring at the screen dedicated to watching me.”

“Gh! … fine, I admit it. I’m just really worked up from watching you swim darn near naked and getting tackled by water sprites all day.”

“You need to get better at asking for what you want. Much easier to get it that way.”

“...”

“C’mon, don’t just rely upon hints.”

“... fine. You better do everything I say.”

“Always.” 

I guess I’m not done playing just yet. If I can finally learn what Edward’s been too embarrassed to ask for now… I’ll have won both games this week! Hehe. Been trying to get him worked up enough to say it for a while now.

… 

No, I’m not telling. He wanted it kept a secret, even from Revenna. No one but him and I know, and I’m not going to change that here. He’s precious. I’m not going to betray him like that.

***Author note***

Wait… that wasn’t what I was planning to write at all. Wtf? How did I go from funny boss idea to romance? I didn’t even get to the boss yet! *facepalm*

Chapter is ending here simply because that feels too much like a good end point… and no, I’m not telling either.

P.S. The water sport that I was thinking of was Blitzball from FF-10, and yes, it is possible to successfully score a goal from the opposite side of the field in that game. Just need a TON of shoot stat (I’ve done it)

7