32: Divine Revelation
141 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

32: Divine Revelation

Edward’s view

One crazy revelation after another. A guy gets tired, ya’know? Even my final refuge of divine prayer didn’t really help. Instead, I just got shocked even worse.

In the past, prayer had helped me calm down. There wasn’t any answer normally but it was a calming experience, and often helped me think.

So, when I got a divine visit, I was shocked.

“Okay, first things first: You can’t tell anyone about this meeting.”

“What?”

“Yeah, I’m the god of humanity you keep praying to, and I’m not supposed to do direct conversations like this, but since you’re leaving, it’s not a big deal. Besides, the current round of this game is over anyway. Annoying to lose again. Spank David a few extra times for me next time, eh?”

“Uh, ma’am? You’re the god of humans? I’d always been under the impression that god was a man.”

“Oh, well I like being deliberately vague about that. It’s fun seeing what people’s assumptions are.”

“Why are you visiting me?”

“Mostly to let you know that David’s plan to leave is a good one. There’s a third bet that’s always on world destruction, and I’d rather that one not be the winning bet. Letting the demon god win would be preferable to that crazy god winning… You were praying for an answer to David’s proposition, right? You have the answer now.”

… I suppose I did have an answer, but somehow this all left me feeling more disturbed, not less. “Is… is all this just a game to you?”

“Yup! Most gods find it boring to just sit back and watch their worlds grow, so we make games out of them! Oh my, did I just break your little heart of faith?”

“I-I thought you chose David to save and protect humanity!”

“Oh, no. David was actually chosen by my crazy friend who always tries to break the world. It was their turn to propose how the round would work and whom to summon over, and the demon god and I both liked the idea they came up with. We’d each try to persuade the same soul into choosing our side of the contest. Seems we both lost this round, and our crazy friend got the best of us. Now it’s just time for cleanup, and getting David and Jessica out of here so we can get started on the next round. So, be a good boy and hurry David out of here, alright?”

The god I’d worshipped, then vanished, leaving me alone with my thoughts… I guess I have proof that god exists, and that I don’t like them. 

I must’ve fallen asleep at some point, because I woke up to find the sun had risen. When I spoke with David, I had a strange thought: “Is it possible to kill a god?”

“I have no idea. Why?”

“I think my faith is falling apart. I… I would like to leave with you. Leave this world, I mean. I can’t… I can’t tell people what I’ve learned and… and I don’t want to stay. Not with what I know now… can you make a world?”

“Well, pocket dimensions are a thing, and a full genesis spell is theoretically possible, but I don’t think anyone has actually managed to pull it off.”

“I want a world where I can have faith in the creators. I want a world where I know someone in charge is watching out for the welfare of its people. I want a world made by you.”

David’s view

Well, that’s possibly the most amazing confession of faith and belief I’ve witnessed... and it was towards me.

“Can I fuck you?”

“Did I just turn you on with my words?”

“Yes, yes you did.”

“Then take me to bed and help me forget my troubles for a while.”

I’m not usually the dominant one in bed, but I guess this will be an unusual time for us.

***Author Note***

Um, Ed, you’re changing the story. That wasn’t the plan. That wasn’t the plan at all. 

6