Epilogues: Gaia’s investigations
158 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Epilogues: Gaia’s investigations

Gaia’s view

There is something very strange about this world Jessica made. First of course, is the obvious: Somehow or other, reality itself seems easily altered in a way that people find instinctively easy to work with. For example: if one wishes to create new clothes, it’s no more difficult than selecting a meal from a menu in a restaurant. It’s so incredibly easy and intuitive that most people don’t even realize there’s anything strange about it at all. Yet, the how and the why is a mystery. It is rather nice that no one ever starves though, and there is somehow no lack of land as reality seems to bend and twist in a way that allows everyone to have as much land as they want, wherever they want. I’m not sure why no one ever finds it strange that they can walk from any house to any other house in just a few minutes.

The not so obvious strangeness is really in how readily everyone accepts it, and how no one really seems to investigate it much. It is as if there’s a bunch of commonly accepted rules that no one thinks to even question, much less disobey. For example: There is almost no violence outside of games specifically set up for it. There’s no spontaneous assaults other than vicious tirades when people get angry. There are exceptions of course, but they are incredibly rare. In fact, there’s a strange lack of violence, theft, and other crimes despite no obvious enforcement mechanisms to prevent them. There’s no police and the only authorities are people popular enough that others listen to them. Woe be to anyone who ends up on the wrong side of public sentiment though. Yet, even in the groups that hide from the public eye to avoid such problems, no one seems to really question the status quo. Just what exactly did Jessica create?

If not for all the evidence that this world is real, and not some form of illusion or fantasy, I’d think it was one giant shared dream… wait, is it possible to break the boundary between reality and dreams?

Further research concludes this world really is some sort of dream reality. There is no boundary between dreams and reality here. That’s why people are so accepting of things as if it’s just how it should be. Sadly, that’s likely also why people can be so vulnerable to emotional harm. Traumas tend to be self-reinforcing, and a world that manifests one’s dreams will only amplify that. This does at least give me an idea for how to manage this world, but unfortunately it is well outside my realm of expertise. If it were simply a matter of creating new spells or modifying ecosystems, I might be able to manage it, but this is about minds and about ideas. I am a complete novice, when it comes to memes.

6