Chapter 22 – Crazy Gamble
126 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the crumbling cauldron, Forus slowly raised his hand channelled even more ice element into the container of the bluish flame. The contrast between heat and cold caused the instantaneous combustion that echoed within the fragile cauldron.

Observing his crazy and reckless actions, not even Lord Phasma could deduce his objective. However, even if none of the onlookers could predict it, the enchanted instinct of special sorcerers could still pick up the inevitable direction of destiny. Mabilis could see the faint silhouette of the ever-changing black mess of cloud above Forus, holding a scythe that extended towards Forus, waiting to chop it down and ended his life.

Although the scythe was not going to hit him, Mabilis could feel that just the aftershock could easily kill him, causing him to sweat rapidly before slowly retreating in fear of its notice. However, once he surveyed his surrounding, he found that above the entity, a giant and almighty hourglass was hanging in the sky, leaking endless sand towards the black monster, threatening to consume it.

Other alchemists who lost their wit and those who stayed outside the boundary of the force field couldn't see it, as they didn't have any unique ability for this kind of power. They could only try their best to reason the madness that drove Forus to this extent.

However, even if Ocelia Coruscare couldn't sense the abnormality with her enchanted sense, she could still feel the movement of the string of fate. Her expression which was calm began to show a trace of ecstasy. The closer the said string of fate towards Forus, the faster she could become one with him.

Even then, Ocelia was perplexed by the actions of Forus. She knew by her heart that the man she loved was a cunning and ruthless man and that all of his moves would benefit him one way or another, but, the current action of his seemed to do no good. It would only worsen his situation.

Though, with her special connection with him, Ocelia could feel a looming crisis hovering above her, waiting to descend and devour her. The crazed actions of Forus must have caused something to happen and might even get him out of this predicament.

Thinking about this strange situation, Ocelia smiled faintly. Even if Forus could reverse his current state, there would be no escaping from her backup plan.

The poor cauldron trembled once more and slowly leaked the blue flaming particle out of its cracks. The destruction of the said cauldron was inevitable. One could only delay the inevitable and not prevented it. Forus didn't do anything to obstruct it, making the rate of destruction to accelerate.

The blue spark that floated aimlessly would burn everything that it touched, making the area around the cauldron mostly turned into ashes. The sparkle also moderately affected Forus that he needed to divide some of his magic to protect himself against getting wasted down by the constant flow of fire.

Meanwhile, Lord Phasma was getting desperate. Even after he hardened his mind and used the lower half of his spiritual body to suicide and attacked the cauldron, it still didn't fall as the icy particle was holding it together. Although layers after layers got melted by the bluish flame, the last coat of frost was too sturdy to destroy within a small time frame.

With no way out, Lord Phasma had nothing to lose. He began to laugh manically, using his hands to tear his hair apart, savouring the pain.

"You have forced my hand!" His words echoed within the cauldron as they couldn't bypass the coat of frost. Suddenly, one of the precious rings on Forus' hand sent out a faint glow as its exterior began to melt down.

Sensing the unexpected change in one of his treasures, Forus immediately move to suppress it. However, before he could put up any defence to protect himself, the ring, the Decaying Dawn Ring, exploded into smithereens, heavily damaged Forus in the process.

One part of the exploding power went towards the coat of frost, crashing into it and broke the cauldron, leaking out the condensed bluish flames in all direction. As the container got destroyed, Lord Phasma also came out along with the bluish fire. Upon seeing the destruction of the Decaying Dawn Ring and the heavily injured Forus, he instantly shot himself towards Forus, aiming to take over his body.

Seeing the unexpected change, Ocelia also over-boosted her lingering sorcery power that used to suppress the spiritual seed, making it rampaged Forus' body, obstructing his flow of energy. Forus would have to focus more on his mental mind to use his sorcery when his refined flow of sorcery cultivation got hindered.

All of this led to Forus' collapse, followed by the dispersing of his Death Aura that stopped the advance of the string of fate. Without anything to hinder its progress, the said string of destiny once again shot itself towards Forus, aiming to penetrate his soul and connected him with Ocelia, for all eternity.

In the eyes of Mobilis, he saw the multi-colours light descended from the sky, piercing Forus and the container, injuring him and destroying the cauldron. Once the said cauldron broke apart, a cloud of grey gas shot out towards Forus, aiming at the middle of his chest. At the same time, the hourglass faintly shook as it leaked out more sand, flowing towards Forus endlessly.

The sorcerers from Sagunien Family needed to study and comprehend the art of divination. It was their main sorcery cultivation method. Legends told that the founder of the Sagunien Family acquired this unusual cultivation method through the ancient ruins. By decisively abandoned his previous cultivation base, he caused his talent to drop and his soul to injure itself, lowering the chance to advance further.

However, since he had practised the new method and gained the ability to peer into the river of fate, he naturally exploited the current of the destiny to advance his cultivation and single-handedly found the Sagunien Family, but, the inheritance wasn't invincible. It was but a fragment of the completed technique, leading only to the second-ranked sorcerer.

The worst defect was if one cultivated this method and achieved small success, their soul would involuntarily transform into another model that fitted the system better, making it impossible or excessively hard to undo or change their cultivation method.

If not, other superpowers within the territory would have already joined their hand and destroyed such a household. The valuable technique that could exploit the fate was too precious for one lone force to control. However, if one must stick to the incomplete method without any hope of further advance, none of the third-ranked powerhouses would want their descendants to practice it.

However, even with this marvellous sorcery, Mabilis who hadn't advanced into a first-ranked sorcerer wouldn't be able to predict the future. He could only use his extraordinary sensitivity to perceive the otherworldly vision.

Mabilis looked at the black entity and threw the thought of helping Forus out of his mind. From his perspective, having a great talent helped him in his quest was always a great idea, but if he had to fight to the death to get that, Mabilis would decisively abandon such thought and fleed without any hesitation.

He instead turned his attention towards the unconscious Abicel, stumbling towards her. He would choose to help the hopeless girl and earn her favour that risk his life. With that thought in mind, he swiftly took out his healing potions and poured them over her wounds, slowly tending her injuries and keeping her save.

Shortly after, the dense aura of blackness gushed out of Forus' body, enveloping him, forming many silhouettes of weapons. Strangely, all of them were pointing towards Forus, as if he was attempting to suicide.

Forus also used all of his Death Aura to burn his flesh, turning them into dark rotten skin. After withdrawing all of his Death Aura, the spiritual seed within his body also ran rampaged, invading every inch of his body. Only his sea of conscious and soul was safe from the invasion and external threat.

Looking at the incoming string of fate and crazed Lord Phasma, Forus slowly raised his skeleton hand, whose flesh got torn apart by the explosion of the Decaying Dawn Ring.

Many people had already regarded Forus as a demented man. Some were laughing and scolding at him, seeing Forus as a crazy man, trying to kill himself. While others were only watched the show unfolded, not doing anything.

Except for one person, Ocelia Coruscare frown as she focused most of her attention at him. Before long, her eyes shone as her face strangely twisted into the expression of madness. She forcefully channelled her sorcery power to enter the energy field, trying to track and pulled back the string of fate.

Looking at the panic in Ocelia's eyes, Forus grinned with satisfaction and excitement. He used retracted all of his remaining power that was fighting against the string of fate, and instead, using them as the mean to strengthen the said string of destiny and pulling them towards himself.

The string of fate immediately shot towards Forus' soul, attaching itself with the soul. The moment the line had established the connection between Forus Ander and Ocelia Coruscare, Forus directed all of his Death Aura in his remaining rotten hand and stabbed himself in his chest, pulling a majority of the spiritual roots out of his body.

"The Snow of Remembrance shall cover all things." With one single chant, countless pale-white snow descended and covered the testing ground, moving at Forus. Following after, the eccentric weapons that got created by Death Aura also shot towards Forus, aiming at his heart.

Seeing the decisiveness of Forus, Ocelia immediately abandoned her futile attempt to prevent the string of fate and instead created several defensive seals around her soul and body, hindering the outside interference.

After the string of fate attached itself into his body, the connection began to form between Forus Ander and Ocelia Coruscare. However, once Forus felt the connection, he revealed a smile of a madman before cutting the edge of his soul out, causing him to cry in pain.

Now, due to him severing his soul apart from his male body, the overlapping vision didn't occur, only the perception outside the energy field, the sight of Ocelia Coruscare, remained.

After Forus successfully moved his soul to the new body, the weapons of Death Aura also penetrated the male physical body that Ocelia currently controlled, making her groaned in pain. However, before she could do anything to protect her new human body, the snow of remembrance had already covered her soul, causing her to fall into a neverending illusion.

Lord Phasma, who was coming for Forus' soul, noticed the change regarding the soul inside the body immediately, making him frown before resigned himself to his fate, pushing the limit of his spiritual essence and trying to take over the physical body.

Although the nutrient and mysterious grey soul disappeared and had the new soul overtaken, at least Lord Phasma could see that the current soul was not as terrifying as the previous grey soul, increasing the chance of taking over the body.

After his soul partly merged with the female body of Ocelia, the original soul tried to suppress his, but because her soul got into the physical form of Forus and took the hits from Death Aura weapons, Lord Phasma's spiritual power and the rampaging spiritual seed, Ocelia got only a fragment of her original soul to fight against Forus.

Ocelia's soul violently struggled as it got corrupted by Lord Phasma and the destructive Death Aura. Coupled with the unending illusion of the pale-white snow, this combination of deadly power could potentially kill a first-ranked sorcerer.

Subsequently, Forus once again burnt a tenth of his soul, causing his mind to turn dizzy and confused. After igniting his soul, a considerable amount of soul energy got expelled outwards and crashed into Ocelia's soul, further weakening her.

Finally, taking advantage of his well-thought-out plan that dealt a devastating blow to Ocelia, Forus eventually took over the female body of Ocelia before pushing her out. The remaining part of her soul that got expelled out of her body spontaneously got sucked into Forus' physical form under the influence of the string of fate.

3