Chapter 28 – Precious Sentiments
76 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The quiet sound of carriages echoed the narrow passageway, filling the stillness of the tranquil forest with the light vibration, sending rhythms outwards, tickling the ears of the living creatures.

The sound waves travelled forth and bounced the leaves and petals, shaking them from their imprisoned state of frozen motion, producing the unique yet harmonious sounds, repeating the same process endlessly, each time with lower and lower sound level.

However, not long after the first wave of sound travelled outwards into the surrounding reality, they came into contact with the impassable obstacle, standing tall and high, blocking the advancement of the sound waves. Each wave of sounds would meet the same depressing fate, coming out into the beautiful world then died down immediately afterwards.

The obstacle seemed to blend in with the surrounding vines and plants, despite not having the same colour spectrum like the forest, merging with the silent world, never to come out to the warm, delusional reality.

Coming out of the carriage, Forus, whose soul had taken controlled over Ocelia's body, was greeted by the calming landscape and the refreshing breeze of the wildness. The servants had already waited for their masters and mistresses in front of their respective carriages. They skillfully bowed before their masters and arranged a group of guards to escort the distinguished people to the destination.

Near the mysterious ruin of Fleeting Emotions, the world grew darker the more ones approached the ruins. The world grew twisted as the elemental essence grew chaotic, flowing from one place to another without any clear patterns. The disordered element would disturb the order of nature, creating chaos and corroding the rationality of the mortals and lowly beasts.

After passing a certain point, the chaotic force would be too much for any ordinary living creatures to handle, making them lost their mind turned into senseless puppets, powered by their primitive desires. The sorcerers would need to get out of their carriages and walked towards the ruins by themselves.

Because of this, the magical plants that could withstand the chaotic force emitted the Fleeting Emotions Ruin would almost never get eaten or picked by the wandering mortals and beasts, making the scenery increasingly beautiful and mystical the more one got closer to the ruin.

The sorcerers and their apprentices wouldn't pick these magical plants as they were worthless for them, having very little element property and also got diluted by the chaotic force. Only the magical beasts that these plants attracted would get hunted and captured by the sorcerers, indirectly helped increase the chance for the plants to survive.

Along the way, Forus and Ocelia had seen various types of sorcerers, making their way towards the ruin. Each of them would have the shiny emblem on them, signifying their qualification to enter the remains. The sorcerers with no background would have to buy them from the sorcerer-bloodline families to gain access to the remains while the noble-blood would have them gifted from their upper-echelons.

Forus and Ocelia also had these emblems themselves, showing to others that they also had the qualification to enter. However, even without the symbols, if someone saw them, they would associate the iconic red fairy hair and the feminine appearance of the sorceress with the powerhouse of the Flamedouse City, the Coruscare Family.

Because of the easily discernible characteristics, Forus had cloaked herself with the regular yellow robe, concealing herself as an ordinary sorceress, risking her life for an opportunity in the Fleeting Emotions Ruin.

Falsus also had quite a reputation, becoming one of the raising geniuses of the Steel Cauldron, filling his surrounding with ears and eyes. Because of this, Ocelia also disguised himself as the partner of the lady-in-yellow, wearing an unremarkable orange robe.

Walking along the road while viewing the scenery, time passed as fast as lightning and thunder. Before long, the couple had already arrived at the outpost that guarded the entrance of the ruin, checking for the qualification and preventing the unlawful sorcerers from getting in. The station was also a lab created by the sorcerers from the sorcerer-bloodline families, using it as the temporary site for conducting experiments and observing the change regarding the Fleeting Emotions Ruin.

"Your emblems, please." The lovely couple stopped before the guards, pulling out their emblems before showing them to the guards.

After the guards touched the emblems, a tiny spark of glow emerged from the symbols on top of the badge, floating above the marks, orbiting around them. The manner of the guards turned respectful after the extraordinary phenomenon, bowing before the two while signalling others to prepare them the welcoming ceremony.

However, the female sorceress only waved her hand to stop the guards' actions, not intending to create the commotion. After seeing that the sorceress from the Coruscare Family didn't wish to have any ceremony, the guards could only accept it and asked for someone to escort them to the entrance of the ruin.

With this, no one except for the guards of the outpost would know that the Coruscare Family had sent people to the ruins, much less knowing that the eldest mistress of the family, accompanied by the prodigy of the Steel Cauldron, went inside the Fleeting Emotions Ruin.

Following the guides, Forus, in her feminine figure, allowed Ocelia, in his handsome features, to lead her towards the historic remains. Because of their intention to not cause any disturbance, the escort group was small and efficient, not attracting the eyes of the onlookers or creating an uproar.

Arriving at the centre of the outpost, the scenery that greeted the warming couple was that of the wasteland, raking of death and decay. The tall artificial mountain that got surrounded by various formation arrays, using numerous types of sorcery to investigate the exterior of the mountain.

The ancient remain had withstood the corrosion of time for countless ages, gathering the intense feeling of decay and destruction, yet still stood tall without any sign of collapsing. The prospect of gaining such unbelievable sorcery had driven every sorcerer families mad with greed, banding together to build the outpost surrounding it, trying to reverse engineer the magic.

Time passed, and as they expected, the sorcery spells from the ancient time were too much for them to try to comprehend. Left with no choice, they decided to enter the wrecks to gain understanding over the remains. However, since the first second-ranked sorcerer forcefully entered the ruins through his sorcery spells, he had never come out, installing fear and dread into the sorcerers' heart.

The event led the sorcerers to only eyeing the mountain hungrily, waiting for some chance to understand the mechanism of the remains somehow. Since then, they only knew that the hill was just the surface of the Fleeting Emotions Ruin. The interior of the summit was the small realm in itself, containing numerous overlapping space, each with a different property.

The place seemed to be some kinds of training ground for the ancient sorcerers, using as the area for the sorcerers in the broad range of capability to temper their mind and increased their experience. If one could endure the challenges the mountain created, at the end of the floor, the mountain would reward them with various things.

However, the realms within the mountain were endless. With no knowledge regarding how the Fleeting Emotions Ruin selected the challenges for their targets, the sorcerers could predict where they would end up. No one could prepare beforehand.

Although it sounded hellish, the ruin also wouldn't send the trainees into their death with no chance of surviving, filling the sorcerers with a glimpse of hope. Maybe if they were lucky, they might get the legendary treasures. Not only that, after a while, there would be a stationary portal appearing at random. If one sensed that they couldn't finish the challenges, they could use the gate to get out of the realm. Even though the region would punish the deserters by draining some of their sorcery cultivation, it would still be better than dying in the remains.

Reciting the information about the Fleeting Emotions Ruin, Forus found herself standing in front of the large design, spanning across hundreds of meters in diameter. She saw a faint glow emitted from the mystical runes, constantly gathering the chaotic elemental essence.

However, none of them could bother Forus Ander. She gazed deeply into the formation array for a moment before letting out a faint smile. She turned her vision towards Ocelia before raising her hand forwards, waiting for the gentleman to take her hand.

Seeing Forus' elegant action, Ocelia also couldn't control himself and extended his hand out, holding the soft fingers of the maiden gently, caressing it weakly to feel the sensation of affection. Ocelia then looked into Forus' eyes, seemingly captivated by the refined flaming-crystals of vision.

Forus also stared right at Ocelia's eyes, one with the sky as the colour and one with the dark hollow abyss as the colour. Their mental-selves entangled with each other, communicating with the unique language created by pure emotions. Finally, they slowly retrieved their mind into their body, walking toward the array.

With both of their hands interlinked, the two entered the formation, prepared to face the numerous challenges, using love as the motivation to succeed.

Following their echoed chants, the chaotic flowing of element speeded up, causing the wind of disorder element to flow faster. However, the symbols of the array also started to shine brighter, greedily swallowing the elemental particles, using them to power the sorcery formation.

Multi-coloured lights flashed as the space around the hand-holding couple broke apart as they enveloped the two gently, shielding the darling of the world from all possible harm. Numerous runes glowed, illuminating the whole area, chasing off the dark aura of decay and destruction.

Finally, the last symbol on the array had finished devouring the chaotic particles. The symbols then got united by a faint light, forming the complex shape with the heart-warming couple at the centre. Numerous soundless cheering and blessing of the invisible particles echoed the warped space as the array sent the two to their journey, passing the exterior of the mountain into the wonder of the world.

...

The orb was floating in the endless void, flowing with the undetectable current of nothingness, forever travelling inside the river of space.

The unknown orb was inactive for countless aeons, remained motionless without any response, silently waiting for some requirement to meet before finally activating itself.

Around the orb, various rays of light flew along with the current of nothingness, progressively approaching closer and closer towards the sphere before fusing with it, transmitting the information it was carrying into the orb for it to collect.

Each ray of light would carry the rough information about everyone who entered the Fleeting Emotions Ruin through the array, keeping track of their relative sorcery cultivation and speciality, using it as the base to deduce the perfect place for them to train. Not only that, but the light would also act as the guards who oversaw the mountain, not letting anyone breaking in without permission.

However, at the moment, the light that carried the information about a couple of destiny, Forus Ander and Ocelia Coruscare, had fused with the orb and transmitted its data for the sphere to see. After receiving the information about the couple, the globe let out the pinkish light, brightening the dark void with its lovely atmosphere and generated warming breeze that travelled across space, chasing every cold dark void away.

After becoming active once more, the orb immediately sent out various commands to the light, sending them into a frenzy. The sphere had already prepared the exceptional realm for the potential couple, waiting to see their performance before deciding the next course of action.

The orb that was once an empty sphere had turned pink, filling itself with the seductive feeling of affection, causing every onlooker to feel the sensation of love.

The orb shone once again, projecting various scenes of Ocelia and Forus, since the start where they got into the outpost until the point they got sent into the mountain.

However, after numerous repeats, the scene turned shorter and shorter, until the last remaining scene emerged from the vision.

The vision of the couple, looking at each other's eyes lovingly.

They had interlinked their hands.

1