Chapter VIII: Battle
137 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Get back!” One of the gecko’s yelled at Savo, directing his finger as if to tell him to run away and hide. It was a guard, clad in armor equipped with a long and sharp spear directly within his hands. The other gecko’s mobilized quickly, already surrounding the beast. Several geckoes held a sword and shield at the ready, while others had bows and arrows.

“It’s a tushk boar!” One of the gecko’s pointed out. He was in a battle stance, ready to jab his spear into the beast’s body at a moments notice. “Shurround it!” The gecko speaking resembled to be a captain of some sorts because he possessed an exquisite helm with red feathery fairings at the top.

He was rallying the rest of the geckos to get into formation. In front of him, the tusk boar was snorting profusely, hot steam billowing out from its nostrils. The beast lowered its body, eyeing each of the gecko soldiers intensely while kicking the ground with its rear legs. It looked like it was about to charge at any moment.

Savo readied his pistol, ready to blast the pig as soon as it made any rash movements. The gecko’s had the same idea, as there stood several bowmen positioned in key locations encompassing the swine, nocking their crossbows.

Bam!

A loud gunshot sounded, igniting the dark twilight with an ear-splitting bang. The boar shrieked in pain as a result, thrashing around and knocking over several crates and boxes scattered nearby. The geckoes were also surprised by the deafening noise, however, they quickly regained their posture.

“Go, go, go!” The commander yelled, charging headfirst into the battle. The remaining lizards followed suit, screaming profanity as they assaulted the beast. The bullet had only penetrated the outer skin of the boar, leaving its innards untouched. Since the bullet didn’t kill the monster, it was quickly getting enraged.

“Oh, come on!” Savo yelled in frustration. If a bullet can’t penetrate the skin, then what use will the spears and swords do?

Each one of the geckos stuck their weapons into the boar’s skin. As was expected, the weapons barely were able to penetrate the menace. The boar twirled around, sweeping his large horns and destroying the structures close to him. A few of the gecko’s got knocked back far away, while some were holding onto their weapons; now stuck protruding from the animal, for dear life.

“It’sh shkin is too thick!” One of the archers nearby shouted, sending a flurry of arrows at the boar. Each one of the arrows bounced off like nothing, the creature remained unfazed.

“Shtart ushing magic!” The commander shouted. His sharp-pointed spear started glowing a bright blue color.

The boar’s attention switched from the archers and onto the commander, almost as if his weapon’s blue hue had attracted it. With its dark red eyes glaring at the gecko, it charged itself in his direction, it’s horns directly pointed at eye-level of the lizard.

The commander jumped out of the way, using his tail as a propeller to dodge the incoming assault. The boar overshot its target by a small hair's breadth and crashed into a nearby home, it’s horns digging into the stone walls.

Using that chance, the commander countered with an attack of his own. Charging at the boar which was now stuck to a wall, he pile drives his spear into the hogs abdomen. The spear penetrated the dense skin this time around, embedding itself completely inside the creature.

The boar screeched in pain, desperately trying to remove its tusks from the building. The other geckos recognized the opportunity and charged at the beast as well, their weapons also radiating a blue tint. Savo stood in the back, pondering how he could be any more valuable.

In a desperate attempt to escape, the boar whipped its body in a 180-degree turn, completely collapsing the building it was fastened to and knocking the remaining gecko’s still attacking him backward. Several weapons were stuck firmly inside the body of the beast; a large amount of blood spilling out from it. The tusk boar swayed back and forth, trying to maintain a balance. It was losing consciousness quickly, but in the last attempt, the boar revved up its rear legs once again, ready to charge one final time.

The tusk boars target: Savo, with his hand pistol, clutched tightly in his palms.

A moment of panic welled up inside Savo but was quickly overcame with a feeling of clarity. Savo, with his hands shaking raised his hand pistol directly in front of the boar. The tusk boars eyes narrow onto Savo, and with the last snort of his nostril, he charges directly at him.

Savo took a deep breath, steadying his hands and slowing his breathing. With the tusked boar charging at him, he closed one of his eyes and...

Bam! Bam! Bam!

Savo fired three clean shots at the face of the boar. The first one grazed it’s forehead, bouncing off the boar and causing it to shuffle its head. The second shot missed, as a result, whirled through the air at a peculiar angle. The third one, however…

The third one undeviatingly attained its mark, catching the boar straight through one of the eyeballs. The bullet splintered inside the charging boar, transforming its brain matter into a battered pulp.

A satisfying vibration could be overheard through the air, along with a large crack of fresh bones. The boar tripped on itself, toppling over, and its body slid directly towards Savo at breakneck speed. Savo couldn’t dodge out of the way, there was no time.

5