1 – Welcome to The Harbor
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   "In this world, there exists weapons that gift their users with magic and supernatural abilities, allowing some to bend elements or change properties. The exact origin of these blades are unknown but they have a connection to the sinking and Midnight Matter," the elderly man stated, sitting down on floor of the boat's hull. The other occupants of the small boat consisted of two boys and a girl. 

    "We know that already, old man," a crass orange tunic wearing boy stated.

    Turning towards the boy, the girl snapped, "stop being so rude!"

    "Or what, you going to throw me overboard?"

    Standing up, the old man yelled, "enough, both of you!" They snapped quiet and store up quietly. "Let me double check your files. Orange shirt, your name?"

    "Jawed Green," he said, scowling at the calm and well dressed elder.

    "Your name, girl," the elder said, pointing at the calm girl sitting on her knees with her eyes closed.

    "Rosie Flores," she affirmed, still keeping her eyes closed.

    Chalking the two names down on a clipboard, the elder finally store at the last occupant of the boat and asked, "name?"

    Standing confidently, and with a scowl on his face, the last boy declared, "Aster Sace." The elder clicked his pen and set the paper in a nearby cabinet.

    "Alright," the elder confirmed, "we should be arriving at Boon any minute now." Eventually, multiple boats emerged from the faint fog, floating idly with other young riders in them.

    "When you arrive at The Harbor, you will be split into two groups, those already with Midnight Weapons, and those in need of one. Next, your connection to your weapon will be assessed and you be given a ranked D to A. You will also be assigned a dorm along with a mission quota, if you don't complete your quota, you will be forced to complete menial tasks to compensate," the elder informed, keeping a meditated vibe about him.

    "Pfft, like I'll be doing anything like cleaning," Jawed stated, "ain't I right, Aster?" Aster didn't respond, only stating out towards The Harbor, the giant base's figure coming into vision. "Aster? Come on man, we're both from Marylebone, we were in the same elementary class!" 

    "I'm here to finish something, to kill a certain demon," Aster declared, "I plan on completing this no matter what, so stay out of my way."

    "I don't mean to be rude, but how exactly do you plan on doing that? You were just some loner in school," Jawed challenges, smirking at Aster.

    "With this," Aster stated, flashing a blue sheath, with the handle of an aqua colored waiting patiently in it. "This was my mother's Midnight Weapon, I intend on carrying on her legacy."

    Unimpressed, Jawed shrugged and said, "I'm not impressed by some sword." Aster didn't respond, only looking away. "Loosen up, man. I'm just messing with you." The boat abruptly bumped into an oak dock, almost knocking everyone over, except for the old man.

0