[1] Another Life (1)
3.1k 17 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi and welcome to my new old work.

This story is a reboot of my old work "Reborn as a horned Rabbit.", but I changed far too much to say it is the same story!?

 

=== ???, POV ??? ===

Huh? Where am I? Who am I?

Everything around me was blurry. I could only see shadows flitting from right to left. A giant red shadow reared up in front of me.

"What are you doing here? Are you lost?"

Who are you!?

I tried to answer the woman's voice, but not a word came out of me. The red shadow grabbed me and lifted me in the air with two fingers.

"Hmm... this soul is damaged... Vaner, here..."

Owaahh!?

I was tossed through the air by the person and ended up in the hands of another person.

Hadn't the woman spoken of a damaged soul? Am I a shattered soul? Then what happens to me now?

"Mistress, what should I do with the soul."

The man spoke to the woman in a nervous but respectful tone.

“Well, this soul has already had ten or more lives behind it, so I'll leave it to you. You can dispose of it, let it transcend, fuse it, or heal it. Do whatever you want!"

The woman was emotionally unaffected by what she said. It seemed as if the destruction of souls was something she saw every day.

"Mistress, I will then."

The man turned around and left. He carried me for quite a while until he set me down in a black container. He was doing something while occasionally placing something next to me.

"So! We're done. My dear soul, it could hurt a little now, but the next time you open your eyes, you will be where you should be."

What do you mean!?

Everything went black around me and a sharp pain smoldered inside me.

AAAHHHH !!

I tried to scream, but no sound came out of me.

 

=== Unknown, POV Nameless MC

 

Aaahh! Ha! Ha!

I was still screaming when the pain suddenly vanished. I tried to open my eyes, but... I couldn't. I just couldn't. It was like my eyes were closed.

What is going on here!? Where did this man send me!

I tried to get up, but I had no strength in my legs.

"Quiet, child... your time has not yet come."

Someone noticed my restless back and forth, and a soft and calm voice wanted to calm me down. Even if the voice calmed me down a bit, it didn't let my worries vanish.

I don't know where I am, not who or what!? ...how can I stay calm...

Everything felt so strange... I had no choice but to try to go through my thoughts to see what else I knew. What did I know from my life, what could I remember.

What's the last thing I know... I was in a car, but then everything went black... Did I die in a car accident?

It wasn't until I was retracing my thoughts and trying to remember that I became aware.

What's my name... No, what was my name?

I couldn't remember my name. Even my parent's faces were blurry. I could remember that my parents and I moved from Berlin to the USA, to New York City, at the age of six. I also knew that I returned to Germany to study and that I stayed in Germany after graduating.

Ha!

Something warm and soft bumped against me from the side. I fell sideways onto something else soft and warm. Instead of letting it rest, something that had knocked me over before moved closer to me. These two literally caught me between them.

"Eat."

I felt the movement around me. It was wobbled so much that something hit me in the face, and I flew backward.

Ouch!

I landed on my back, and it felt so strange.

I... I have no hands! No hands!? What the hell am I!?

Something touched my side and pulled me towards itself.

"Come on, little one. You have to eat something."

It was the voice from before. I felt something warm, with a shape like a teat. Without thinking, I sucked on it.

Milk! M .. i .. l .. k .. I can assume that this is not a pacifier, that means that this is...

I didn't want to think about it and pushed the thought away.

I have to admit that I am not human... the only thing I know is that I am a mammal.

I had already suspected it, but I just didn't want to admit it. The first signs I had were the eyes that I couldn't open. The lying position, which was strangely familiar but rather uncomfortable for a human, was another clue. In the end, the voice was a sign that this voice undoubtedly belonged to my mother. I understood, but it didn't feel like she was speaking a language. It felt like we were communicating telepathically.

 

=== Unknown, sometime later, POV Nameless MC

 

I wasn't sure how much time went by, days, maybe just a few hours, or perhaps weeks. My life consisted of eating and sleeping... I had nothing to complain about if the time in between hadn't been so endlessly dull. Without being able to see, I couldn't judge what I was. I only had one wish... Don't be a naked mole-rat.

When I just woke up, I realized that something was different. The warmth that my siblings from left and right should usually give me was no longer there.

Where are the others?

Someone licked my face, and a moment later, a voice rang out.

"The others have already run out to your father, little one."

Lately, I have often heard how my mother talked to my siblings or how my father talked to us. I also noticed that my siblings opened their eyes and left before I could.

I wish I could already leave because spending the time doing nothing was horrible.

"Little one, nobody rushes you if you still need time."

She noticed my restlessness, and something that sounded like a sigh was heard from her. I didn't want to give up and tried to open my eyes again. She noticed my exertion and leaned her head against mine.

*Clink*

Something on my forehead hit something.

"Ah, our horns clashed."

She said this all-too-important piece of information for me, in a calm, almost indifferent tone. I wanted to sigh, but I couldn't.

I felt her warmth, which gave me a feeling of security. I relaxed, and images from my memories passed by. It just felt like a dream far far away.

Suddenly the memory of the accident rushed past me. I jumped up and opened my eyes.

Wah!?

My vision gave me a headache at first before my brain got used to the range of vision. To my surprise, I stared into a round, light brown eye that was right in front of me.

"Oh!"

The massive body straightened up and looked down at me.

"Little one, you did it."

We stared at each other, and I realized my mother was a rabbit with brown fur and red-spots. Her size surprised me as she was about five times my size. A massive curved horn grew out of her forehead. Mother's horn was shaped like the blade of a Kilij1Kilij is a curved sword that is widely used by Ottomans in historical series. It is still in use in the modern military..

I let my gaze wander around only to find that I was inside a small room of the burrow.

"Come on, little one. We're going outside."

Mother wanted to move me to leave the burrow, as I didn't react, she began to nudge me gently with her paw.

"Yes!"

I squeaked a yes excitedly. She was confusing and exciting at the same time. My mother looked surprised when I answered her.

"Incredible!? Little one, can you understand me?"

Again, I squeaked a yes, but this time in a calmer tone. It was weird, I knew I was squeaking, but words still came out of me.

"Come on, let's go."

Visibly happy, my mother hopped away from me, and I followed her out of the burrow. We entered a magnificently blooming meadow, with all sorts of flowers blooming.

"Dad!" "Da!" "Pap." "Pa." "Dap."

I heard several childlike voices screech and turned to look at their source. A vast black rabbit was lying right next to the burrow entrance, and many small rabbits tried to climb onto its back. It was a sweet sight that I couldn't help but want to take out a camera and shoot a picture of it.

"Ki, you are there."

A deep, grumpy voice came from the black rabbit.

Ki? Couldn't the word be translated into a word I knew? Or is this my mother's name?

Mother pushed me closer to my siblings and the rabbit, who had to be my father.

"Ku, look, our little one is here too."

Only now, I realize why I was called the little one because my siblings were all taller than me. My height was roughly only ⅔ the height of my siblings.

One of my siblings noticed my mother and me and came to us, but instead of pouncing on my mother, it pounced on me and partially buried me under itself.

"Uff."

I groaned in shock and surprise at the same time.

"Hii!"

My brother or sister giggled and threw itself slightly to the side, dragging me along. We, as it landed gently on the meadow, I landed on its belly.

"Honey look, don't these two look cute together?"

Growled father to mother.

"Yes."

She answered with a laugh.

 

Well, the first chapter is done.

Just as a short note:

=== xxx === (Change of time and/or location and POV!)

=== xxx          (Change of time and/or location)

50