[20] Viczien
778 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hui,

I was reborn as a horned rabbit reached the twentieth chapter, and with this, was it time to create a new picture for the Novel.

 

Aigle wrapped the boy in huge leaves that she magically grew on her own Body.

“There is only one question left. Do you want to raise this child despite all possible problems? I can tell you that since it is a half-breed, it will have a difficult life, whether under demons or elves."

I looked Aigle in the eye. I found serious concern in them.

"I saved this boy knowing full well that it would be difficult."

Her lips formed a smile.

“Then will I hand Viczien over into your care. I will be happy to support you during my stay, but that will only be a short time."

“Viczien?”

She put the cloth in front of me on the floor and pointed to a corner embroidered with symbols.

“Here, these are elf letters. This embroidery tells us his name."

“Viczien, huh? The name suits him.”

We both stared at Viczien's face.

"Miss Aigle!"

Myrani ran to us. Without turning her face from Viczien, Aigle answered Myrani's addressing.

"What is it, sapling?"

Myrani looked a bit confused because Aigle didn't look up at her.

“We saw movements in the north, probably a group of elves. Should I pursue this further?"

Aigle waved with her hand.

“No, you will stay here. Protect the rabbits, but especially these two. I need these two."

She put Viczien on my back and got up from her crouch. She turned to Myrani and met her eyes to eyes.

“I'll go in person. En, you should hide in your burrow and take him with you."

I nodded and turned to the still sleeping rabbits. I hopped slowly over to Si and Grandma and shook them.

"Hmm?"

Si’s eyes opened, and when she saw me, they widened.

“En!”

Si wanted to scream my name first, but my stern look signaled her not to do it. Nevertheless, she threw herself against me, and I had to struggle to prevent Viczien from falling off my back.

“Be careful! Can't you see that she's carrying something on her back!?"

Grandma looked at her sternly. Her gaze softened when she looked at me.

"It's good to see you healthy."

"Come on, let's get back to our den."

Grandma hesitated by my words. Tears ran down her face. It was the first time that she showed her emotions so freely in front of Si or me. The years of imprisonment, despite her pride, had left wounds. Some lighter and some heavier.

"Let's go."

Grandma said after a long moment of silence, and together we made our way to the burrow.

"How come you haven't returned home yet?"

I was surprised that all the rabbits who had fled slept under the shelter of the tree.

“It was already late, and we were exhausted when we got here… Some of the rabbits don't have a burrow to return to, so we decided to spend the night together outdoors. The Hesperide... What was her name... ”

"Aigle."

I completed Si's sentence.

“Yes, exactly, Aigle. She promised to take care of all of us, at least for this one night."

I stopped and looked behind me.

"Grandma, should I help you?"

Grandma looked up at me because of my question, and I immediately regretted the question. Her face told me something like, "I can walk on my own."

"I can walk alone, as long as we're not running for our lives."

"OK…"

I turned back around and saw that Si had left me behind.

We reached the den, and Si slipped in through the entrance. Grandma and I stayed outside and waited for Si’s return.

To our surprise, Si didn't come back first... It was Father, Kuro, who stormed out first. He threw himself on Grandma and buried her under him.

"Mother!? Mother! You're alive!"

He, but also Grandma, had to cry, and I could hardly hold myself back while watching. It's been many years for them...

Grandma broke away from Kuro and looked at him sternly.

"Your child is over there!"

Dad turned and looked at me. He hopped over to me and rubbed his head against mine.

"En... I'm so happy to see you again... Your mother blamed herself after you and Si disappeared."

Si came out of the burrow, followed by Mom and the others. Mom greeted Grandma first, and the others greeted me. After a brief greeting, Mom came over to me and cuddled up to me just like Dad.

"You grew well, En."

Mom was crying bitterly and laughing at the same time.

Si started to tell what we experienced. Some parts were understatements, and some were exaggerated. But in general, everything was correct.

Mom came to me while Si was telling the story to the others.

"En, tell me, why do you have this child with you?"

She looked at the sleeping Viczien.

"I saved this boy's life... his mother was dead next to him... he was so helpless that I couldn't stop myself from helping."

"That's all?"

"That's all. I've been taking care of him ever since, and Aigle had offered her help when I arrived."

That answered Mom's question, but when Si's story was over, our siblings became interested in Viczien.

"En, who is that on your back?"

"En, what is it?"

I held back until the storm of questions subsided, and I was able to calm their curiosity.

"This boy's name is Viczien, and he is a part of our family from now on."

I let my gaze wander between my parents before continuing.

"I think we can take him in as a young brother, don't you think?"

Both mom and dad nodded in agreement with my statement. Neither of them refused, and so it was a done deal.

While the day began for the others, I moved into the building with Si, Grandma, and Viczien.

 

=== A few hours later

 

Grandma had left the building with Dad, and only Si was left with us.

Viczien began to cry.

"Can you call Aigle or Myrani?"

I asked Si to take care of it because I didn't want to leave Viczien all alone.

"No problem."

Si got up and left the building through the exit, leaving me alone with Viczien. I picked him up by his bundle of leaves and carried him to the entry as well.

Outside I put him next to the entrance and laid down next to him. He shook and wiggled his whole body.

When Mom saw that I was leaving the den, she came over to me.

"He is hungry."

She said without taking her eyes off him. I nodded in agreement because I had the same thought.

We waited a moment before Si returned with Myrani.

"What is so urgent?"

Myrani crouched down and looked at us.

"He is hungry."

Mom repeated what she said to me before, and Myrani nodded understandably. She put out her hand, and a small bud grew and bloomed on the tip of her finger.

"I create a liquid nectar that is both nutritious and thirst-quenching."

A yellow-gold liquid dripped from the blossom into Viczien's mouth. He quickly quieted down, and when he finished his meal, he began to laugh happily.

"He shouldn't be kept in this bundle anymore. He's old enough to crawl, if not for his first steps."

 

Picture Original

26