Ch14 – A Fae’s Gifts
185 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The stale air lingered in the cavernous space lined by the cold stone walls. The occasional subtle noise of unknown insects whirring. The sparse glowing moss stuck on the walls and ceiling, barely illuminating the darkness of the high ceiling of the cavern.

 

Despite the darkness enveloping the huge hollow cave, a brightly lit area was glowing as if fighting against the massive shadow. Within the bright light, the sound of joy echoed. 

 

Three people of different races were playing around like they lost a few screws in their heads. Colorful orbs were flying around them as they were all smiling brightly, not caring of where they were and what they were doing.

 

But deep down, two people were agonizing the fact that they had to do this. One was willing to do it for the sake of something while someone was forced to do it just for the sake of making all of this trip worth it.

 

Kevin was playing tic-tac-toe on the ground with the violet fae and a few other faes. He was smiling ear to ear and, at some point, stiffened in place.

 

Calm down, Kevin. You can do this. Just play around and act like you’re a five-year-old kid. 

 

He took a peek at the side and saw Yaereene singing a nursery rhyme that he had just taught her. Her beautiful voice captivated the bright color faes that floated around her.

 

“Twinkle, twinkle, little star…” she too was smiling, and it was much worse compared to Kevin. The alva was a race that tended not to show their expressions and smiling like this was far from normal to her. 

 

How long do I need to do this! Thought Yaereene.

 

Kevin glanced away from Yaereene and turned to Streev. He was jumping around on one leg playing hopscotch with the majority of the faes, and unlike the two others, Streev seemed to enjoy himself quite well. 

 

“Yes, I did it. I actually did it!” said Streev as he managed to make the jump. The faes around him were all celebrating along with him. He even managed to hi-five them all out of excitement. 

 

Didn’t he say he’s an adult? I'm starting to think that this kid is actually a kid.

 

While Kevin pondered about Streev’s adult status, Streev, on the other hand, was having the time of his life. He never knew such fun games existed, and for quite a time now, he had forgotten his sole reason for being here.

 

These three played around until reaching almost two hours. Kevin was looking weary with his face drooping. Playing for two hours straight wasn’t his cup of tea as his eyelids felt heavy. Even so, he entertained these faes in front of him. They never seemed to be tired after all the playing they had done. They were the same as two hours ago, even after flying and giggling around.

 

“Ah, I’m tired,” said Streev as he lay on the ground, not caring about the dirt and grime. Streev had reached his limit as he was panting on the cavern floor. 

 

Yaereene was the same. She reached her limit as her voice started to crack. She had been singing straight for the past two hours and didn’t even stop once. Kevin himself had advised her to change to playing hopscotch with Streev or playing hand-clap with him, but she was stubborn as a mule. 

 

Deep down, she didn’t want to do such embarrassing things. She already let go of half of her pride singing in this place to two strangers and a group of faes. But playing around some childish games was too much for her. There was still the dignity of an alva to uphold.

 

“Twin…” she stopped singing as Yaereene felt a slight pain from the inside her throat.

 

It was the end of her singing. She massaged her throat while worrying about her voice.

 

Kevin, on the other hand, was wobbling around on his butt as he was starting to fell asleep. 

 

Keep it together, Kevin. Just a little bit more, just a little bit. 

 

While he was fighting in the inside, a dark violet fae approached his face. Kevin jerked a bit in retreat but seeing the fae smiling while covering her smile made him hoped for something. The fae floated close to his face once more, and as Kevin calmed down and accepted the approach, the fae tapped her little hand at the tip of Kevin’s nose.

 

Kassmeaa the Venomous Fae found you interesting. She offers her bond, will you accept?

 

Kevin didn’t hesitate.

 

“Yes, I accept.”

 

His acceptance brought forth a swirling energy drilling into his body, a slight pain yet accompanied by a calming soothing feeling. His whole body was glowing along with the dark violet fae, and as the light intensified, it brought a few a gazes from Yaereene and Streev.

 

The glow receded, and Kevin stared at the fae floating in front of him.

 

Hiiii, said Kassmeaa as her voice echoed in Kevin’s mind.

 

You’re in my mind? Telepathy? Kevin asked back through his inner mind.

 

Kassmeaa twirled in the air as she smiled back at Kevin.

 

Yup, hihi.

 

Then another light came engulfing Kevin’s body. It was only for a brief second, yet Yaereene could identify that glow even if it was a mile away.

 

“The Acknowledgement!” she said.

 

Dunia has acknowledged you

 

Kevin’s shoulders were shaking as the grin on his face only grew wider. He didn’t think it would be this quick in earning another Acknowledgement. 

 

It made sense since back in the game, he had scoured through many library books all over the human kingdoms, cities, and towns searching for a clue about the fae. He was just a little curious at first, for a fantasy type of game, there was no mention about fairies, the little humanoid flying creature. But his curiosity took him further into his mysterious journey until he even found the method of calling them out.

 

All those efforts came down to him now, having it easy after knowing about it all. Months of searching back then turned into just a single day. Not to forget, even the method of being friendly with the fae took quite a long time, and now he had it all with ease.

 

Miracle Fae Bond has been bestowed on you

 

Miracle? If I remember it correctly, it was supposed to be only Fae Bond.

 

Kevin’s frowned. Then he heard a voice in his head.

 

Silly Kevin. It’s because you’re still a level one, hihi, said Kassmeaa.

 

“Oh,” said Kevin. An old memory came back.

 

Shit, I just remember, the ultimate character I made didn’t include the Fae related titles. Damn it! How could I miss it?

 

The sudden realization made him scowled even worse. He thought he had made the perfect character in Dunia Online, but it seemed he had made a mistake.

 

Kevin is cursing. Kevin is saying bad words. Bad Kevin! Hihi. Said Kassmeaa.

 

Oh, you can read my mind. I’ll try to restrain myself. Shit, being read doesn’t feel so good.

 

Kevinnn, I can hear youu, said Kassmeaa. The little dark violet fae pouted with her hands resting on her hips.

 

Never mind. The past is the past, and I’m already aiming for the ultimate character creation in this life. This little boost is great for patching up a few of my past mistakes.

 

“Mr.Kevin!” Streev’s voice made him turned his head.

 

The same thing was happening to Streev and Yaereene. It seemed both of them managed to create a bond with a fae.

 

A second later, another slight glow erupted and disappeared as quickly as the wind.

 

“Mr.Kevin, it said that Dunia acknowledged me,” said Streev. The little Hamastra was tilting his head side to side, wondering what was this all about, and yet the other person who received the same thing had a different response.

 

Yaereene walked towards Kevin with her sharp eyes staring right at his. As the distance was two feet away, she suddenly dropped on one knee with her hands gently touching the ground in an elegant manner. 

 

“Sir Kevin, I humbly give my appreciation to your sincere aid in giving me this wondrous opportunity. If you ever need me, I will come to the beckon of your call,” said Yaereene.

 

Did she just call me by my name? Wait. That isn’t weird enough, and now she’s acting like a totally different person? Is she bipolar or something? If she is, then that’s a bit scary.

 

Unknowingly, Kevin retreated a few steps. 

 

“No, it’s fine. You can get up now,” said Kevin with a forced smile.

 

“Mr.Kevin!” then another troublesome kid appeared. Streev stood in front of Kevin, grinning with his snaggle-tooth showing. “I’ve got to introduce you to someone, this my friend, Bhetkiz.”

 

A dusty brown color fae appeared in front of Kevin. It waved its burly hands at him with a smile. Then Kassmeaa whirled into the scene, standing in front of Bhetkiz.

 

Bhetkiz, who was smiling gently, opened his eyes wide in shock. It flew back to Streev’s side while trying not to make eye contact with the smirking dark violet fae.

 

What did you do?

 

Hihi, it’s nothing, said Kassmeaa.

 

Kevin was suspicious about it, but he let it slide since it must be something pertaining to the fae social interaction. In the game, there weren’t many details about it, but since he had achieved what he had wanted, it was time to go back.

 

“Okay, we got what we came for. Let’s go back,” said Kevin.

 

13