Ch15 – Back Home
190 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yaereene closed the door behind her. Her hand dusted off her clothes, making sure she was prim and proper. A slight smile surfaced before it disappeared after hearing a familiar voice.

“Is that you Yaereene?” Lautiria appeared on Yaereene’s line of sight.

“Yes, master,” said Yaereene. The sole disciple of Lautiria looked rather odd in Lautiria’s eyes. Her scholar’s mind was asking herself why her disciple felt different after coming back.

“What did he made you do this time?” Lautiria asked while taking a few scrolls off from the shelf.

Yaereene approached her master with light steps. Lautiria put down the scrolls on her study table as she looked at Yaereene with oddity.

The stoic face of Yaereene broke into a smile, raising both Lautiria’s eyebrows.

“Is there something amusing?” said Lautiria. “Or are you eager to say something?”

“As expected of Master,” her hoarse voice resounded clearly to Lautiria’s ears. 

“You have never failed to read me,” said Yaereene.

“Your voice?” the master gazed upon her disciple, “why is it hoarse? Are you ill? But why are you smiling?”

A rapid flow of questions, yet Yaereene wasn’t fazed. It was as per usual of her master’s routine, questioning towards the peculiar.

“Master,” Yaereene bowed slightly with her hand resting on her left chest. “Your disciple has earned Dunia’s Acknowledgement.”

“What!” Lautiria stood up, slamming her hands on the study table.

“Do not jest with me, Yaereene Sylran, matters like this…” Lautiria fell speechless as something flew within her sight.

The fluttering butterfly wings on the back of a little humanoid in the size of an adult palm came floating in with a slight chilling breeze. It was a fae dyed in azure blue.

“A fae,” the scholar had her jaw wide open seeing a real-life fae flying in front of her eyes.

Her whole body was trembling as she was utterly speechless. Her eyes kept on shifting from the azure fae to her disciple, who was standing there with a smile.

Yaereene went to prepared tea. 

“Tea, master?” said Yaereene.

Lautiria took a seat as her eyes couldn’t stray away from the sight of the legendary fae. She took a sip of tea as she tried to calm herself down.

Yaereene took a seat beside her master. While her hand gestured to the azure fae.

“Master, let me introduce you to Madema,” said Yaereene.

“Madema,” Lautiria’s gaze softened. “But how?”

Yaereene narrated from the beginning till the end as she didn’t leave any details behind. Then came the part where she sang. Lautiria scowled, but she remained silent. Then she ended the short tale with how she was gifted with a title and an acknowledgement.

Lautiria didn’t speak a word while rubbing her chin. 

“But how? How did a human from somewhere not of our world know about such thing?” rather than celebrating her disciple’s luck, she questioned a more pressing matter, a mysterious human who held a rather unbelievable set of knowledge.

“Yaereene, did he allow you to divulge this knowledge to others?” Lautiria asked.

Yaereene tilted her head a bit.

“He didn’t actually mind, but he did remind us to never show our fae to someone who we do not trust,” said Yaereene.

Lautiria nodded.

“and he did warn us,” said Yaereene.

“A warning?” 

“He told us if we want to share with others, we need to be aware not to leak this knowledge,” said Yaereene.

“It is because of us?” Lautiria asked.

“Indeed master, you are right as usual. The method that was lost in reaching out to the fae required our voice, the voice of an alva,” said Yaereene.

“To think even us alva was ignorant to such thing only make me wonder about this human.”

Lautiria’s gaze went far in the horizon as she fell deep in her thought.

“and that’s not all, master. From what Sir Kevin had said, another requirement was needed, only an alva within a class close to the light element is required,” said Yaereene.

“Sir Kevin?” Lautiria raised her eyebrows, hearing of how her disciple referred to the human. In the end, she smirked.

Then she realized something as her eyes opened wide. 

I was fooled, the huma- I mean Kevin, came here for the sole reason of wanting my disciple’s aid and not mine. Hmph, how laughable, it seems I’m still a fool even at this age. I wonder what Kevin has in store for us. Thought Lautiria.

Meanwhile, a little adult hamastra returned to his home. An abandoned house that once lived an ancient zwerg. 

The hasty little steps of Streev brought him standing in front of the front door. He entered with a loud voice.

“I’m home!” said Streev.

The moment he stepped inside, he heard a familiar voice.

“Streev!” it was her mother. She charged on straight, hugging her son with her two thin arms.

“Where have you been? I’ve looked everywhere for you,” said Streev’s mother.

Streev felt the warmth of her mother’s hug. He knew the loving heart of his mother, and he was excited about a piece of big news.

“Mother, I have big news, Mr.Kevin, a human from the castle help-” out of nowhere, his mother pushed him away.

“A human?” his mother’s icy stare was making him felt goosebumps all over his body. 

“Mother, I, he,” Streev stuttered.

“No! You can’t do this to me Streev! You of all people know what the human had done to us, to our family,” Streev’s mother thumped her chest as loud as she could, trying to restrain her rising boiling anger.

“Don’t you remember? Your father died because of them! He was killed by those damnable human scum!” she said while staring dead center to her son’s eyes. 

“Never speak about any human, and don’t you dare go to whatever human sheltered by those cold arrogant bastards!”

Streev looked down in silence while holding in his deep frustration.

 

 
11