Ch21 – An Epic Class
184 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A pleasure to bond with you Qirien the elegant. 

A bright white fae greeted the Queen with an eloquence similar to her. Like they always said, birds of the same feather flocked together.

The pleasure is all mine, Chakar The Kind. 

A mental dialogue between these two bonded people, and not a second late, a bright light engulfed the Queen of the Vindtra. Her eyes turned wide for a brief second as it returned to normalcy once more.

“He spoke the truth,” she said. Her beautiful smile etched on her beautiful face. She turned and searched for the man responsible for such a miracle.

Yet he was nowhere to be found. She turned left and right but not a soul in sight. Then she felt the vibration in the air as her eyes narrowed down.

I sense trouble brewing. Said Chakar.

“I do too,” the Queen ran towards a certain direction, and before long, she saw Kevin at a distance. He was kneeling on the ground holding on to something. She heard his voice calling out to the name of a fae. Then her ears twitched in a particular direction.

She didn’t hesitate as she leaped into the sky as a tune escaped her lips. It was no ordinary tune as golden circles emerged and enveloped the Queen from top to bottom.

She turned away from Kevin’s direction as a subtle cry went loose. It was close to silent, but it was fast and furious. The force behind that cry propelled the Queen dashing in the air.

She dove at the last second and stood in front of Kevin. 

“Shield,” she whispered as an energy shield constructed in less than a second.

BOOM!

A huge shadow collided with the energy shield floating in front of the Queen. It retreated while the shield remained intact with no sign of breakage.

She turned to her back and saw the human man weeping over an unconscious fae.

Qirien, tell the boy Kassmeaa is still alive. She fainted due to his weakness, said Chakar.

Yet before Queen Qirien could even mutter a word, the man beat her by the second.

“Rattleflower Serpent,” he said as his eyes were glaring at the creature coiling around something.

Qirien stared at him for a few seconds as she was quite surprised hearing him muttering the name of the monster. There was no way for a human like him to knew the name of a creature like that. Unless Lautiria taught him about the monsters around the area but it sounds impossible. But she did hear about Kevin’s nightly trip to the second elder’s house. But being taught by Lautiria was impossible since he was a human or was it the opposite? Did Lautiria teach Kevin?

A question that she sought for an answer but now wasn’t the time. 

Meanwhile, a man was seething in rage as his glare was piercing right at the Rattleflower Serpent. He knew the existence of this creature as he was well aware of its capabilities, it was an in-game mini-boss which Kevin usually hunted down for the sake of experience as well as loot.

A giant snake with its head as big as a bull’s head. Its dark earth scales fitted well with the ground of the flower bed and the patches of flowers growing on its back was a perfect cover for slithering through these flower fields.

Damn you snak…

“Bleagh,” his escalating anger made him puke once more. Fresh blood slathered the ground and the innocent flowers around it.

Kevin was turning paler by the second as slowly his HP was trickling down. The injuries were too critical. He plopped on the ground as his eyes didn’t leave the sight of that coiling snake.

“Kevin,” she noticed the degrading health of the man who had aided her.

Chakar, support me.

As you wish.

Qirien sang a harmonious tune as Chakar joined along to bring a harmony that was out of this world. The voice that was not visible came to life as emerald golden notes emerged before surrounding the injured Kevin.

What’s going on?

Kevin gazed at these musical notes surrounding him, yet his worries were not needed as he sensed a warmth, unlike any others.

A healing skill, but what kind of class is… Oh!

Kevin’s body started to grow anew as the internal injury he had was recovering at a rapid pace. Even the purplish bruise underneath his tunic was disappearing. It was no different than Yaereene’s healing yet it was more effective and granted a rather inexplicable feeling to the injured.

But as Qirien was paying attention to healing Kevin. The Rattleflower Serpent saw its chance. It went for the strike, springing up from its tight coil, launching itself in the air baring its eight venomous fangs.

Kevin noticed it a bit too late as he blinked once, and the serpent was right in front of them. He felt his heart beat rapidly as the urge to warn Qirien made him turned his sight at her.

But no words came out, as the look she gave at him was a look of assurance. As if a mother gently calming down a tantrum child. His worries washed away as the Rattleflower Serpent collided against the energy shield stopping it from advancing.

The shield held strong against the speedy strike of the Rattleflower Serpent. Not a scratch on the imaginary floating shield.

Ah, I shouldn’t have worried. If my assumption is correct, then the Queen is at a higher level than that 50-ish serpent. It makes sense of how she’s calm about it.

As Kevin realized the facts, his body finally lightened up. The stress he felt was gone as a strong ally stood beside him. Then he remembered about Kassmeaa.

“Queen Qirien, please heal Kassmeaa,” he asked with a pair of begging eyes.

“Let your anxiety slide Kevin, Kassmeaa is fine. From Chakar’s words, she only fell unconscious,” those reassuring words lightened Kevin’s heart.

He stared at the dull unconscious fae in his hands. He knew, she protected him. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t be alive right now. He felt useless over his incapacity since he was just at level one, but he told himself time after time that this was a necessary plan for a promising future.

“Are you still hurt?” Qirien asked.

“No,” he replied.

“Then let us take our leave,” said Qirien.

“What about the snake?” Kevin asked.

“We had breached her territory, and seeing you are both fine, then it is not necessary to shed any needless blood,” said Qirien.

His nostrils flared as he couldn’t imagine the words that just left from Qirien’s mouth.

“It almost killed me!” he shouted.

“Due to our mistakes,” Qirien replied.

From her words alone, Kevin could see who actually was Queen Qirien. A pacifist that disliked the shedding of blood. Unless there was a solid reason, the Queen won’t retaliate. Or was it something else? Something entirely different? Kevin’s assumption might be wrong.

“But I need the Mystic Flora,” he said.

Her heart was tugged a bit, hearing about the Mystic Flora. She glanced beyond the huge body of the serpent and saw a remarkable flower standing among the commoners. But it wasn’t enough for her to make a move.

“A Mystic Flora can only grant a single point in attributes at random, there’s no need-” as she tried to reason, Kevin cut her off for the second time in a day.

“It’s for the benefit of your people! I promise you, I’ve other plans for that flower,” said Kevin.

Kevin just pulled Qirien’s string of weakness. The mentioning of her people only made her softened. She saw herself as a failure as many had died and what left of it was the remnant of old glory. That was why she couldn’t help but felt something when Kevin had mentioned something that could aid her people.

“Do you give me your word?” she asked.

“Have I ever lie?” he retorted back.

“Very well,” she turned her sight back at the serpent who was constantly striking the duo at every angle, yet each attack was rendered useless. But as soon as the Rattleflower Serpent met Qirien’s gaze, it felt alarmed and retreated back at a safe distance.

A cold glare from the Queen of Vindtra, a demeanor far different from the pacifist side of her.

“A level hundred serpent will not be a hindrance,” she said as if she already declared her win over the huge coiling snake.

Level hundred? But this snake is supposed to be at fifty or something. Am I wrong? Is this a different kind? But in the game, there was only one mini-boss like this one, and it was around level fifty or so. 

As he questioned his knowledge, the Queen made her move. She took a deep breath as she then exhaled in a swift motion.

“Roar of Sagitaria.” 

A glorious translucent beam broke the sound barrier as it hit the Rattleflower Serpent by the front. Yet, in the end, nothing was left of the flowery serpent, not even a scale.

Kevin stared at the empty field with a gaping jaw. He couldn’t believe it as he gulped a mouthful. He knew what class she was after seeing that move and that strength.

An epic-class, she’s a Cherubic Vocalist!

Queen Qirien left Kevin’s side as she went to picked up the Sol Almas. But as she rooted the flower, she saw an incredible sight. Kevin ran by her side as he stared at the flower in her hand.

“You are a lucky man, look.”

 

12