Chapter 4-Matters of the Heart
67 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tim felt anger, hatred, pity, anguish all at the same time, in a melange of confused emotions. He didn't know whether to sit down and cry or smash his fist on a wall out of pure frustration.

" AAAAAHHHHHHH, Fuck, FUCK, FUCK IT ALL. WHY, GODDAMN IT WHY IS IT ALWAYS LIKE THIS." Tim screamed. The same sinking feeling he felt at that time was trying to worm its way back into his heart, and this time it wanted to destroy him for good. He knew he would not survive a second round of the torment, once had been crushing enough. But the pain he was steeling himself for.... never came. 

He knew...... Amanda would have never wanted this, for him to suffer like this, to live each day as if it was sleeping on a bed of glass, under constant torment. This was not the answer, he couldn't keep using those beautiful memories he had with her to hurt himself. He couldn't tarnish them any longer. 

At that moment, the last embers of hope that the system had rekindled were snuffed out. He had loved, and he had lost. It was time to accept the reality for what it was. Amanda was gone. Gone forever.

Tim audibly sighed, took a deep breath and finally said those words he had been refusing to acknowledge for 2 years

" Amanda, I'm sorry, but I have to say goodbye. I wish I never had to say these words, but because I love you so much, I must. Rest in peace, Amanda".

At that moment, Tim was smiling. It was the least he could do while sending off his loved one. He was finally at peace with his inner self. The anger was still there, but it was no longer directed towards himself.

"Hey system, you say something about MOTHERFUCKING invaders?"

Ha....Hahahaha....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA " Tim started laughing like a man who'd just won the powerball, the laughter was like a tide of suppressed emotions finally letting themselves out.

[ Time till first batch of Invaders arrive: 30 D 00 H 00 M. The countdown will begin once you reach Earth ]

" Well then, I guess these invaders will be a good punching bag to beat the shit out of. AND IT'S LEGAL NOW " shouted Tim and started laughing again. He knew how ridiculous he was being when he said that statement. But it didn't matter anymore. He would play this little game the system organised, and dominate it.

He had found a purpose again, and that was to decimate these invaders if they harmed a single blade of fucking grass on US soil. Either they would die, or he would die trying.

[ Please select a named weapon of your choice: Sword, mace, axe, scimitar, saber, spear, etc. You have 2 H 59 M to make your selection ]

It took a bit of time for him to figure out how weapon selection worked. He would think of a medieval weapon, visualize it and then get to choose from whatever the system had available.

When he thought of swords there were hundreds of available options. It was the same for maces, axes, sabers, etc. He went off the conjecture that these weapons were quite popular in the multiverse, which meant that whatever invaders were coming had specialized training in handling these weapons.   

Now, he didn't know the first thing about medieval weaponry, but what he did know was that he couldn't be predictable. How would he compare to a sword wielder who's been trained and has had practical experience in a matter of 30 days?

He thought through everything the system had mentioned up until now. If the multiverse was truly as large as it sounded, then any weapon he could think off, they would definitely have some in the warehouse. The only question was whether the system would allow him access to those weapons or whether they were available at his level. 

"Knuckle Dusters" he said, and visualized them.  [3 matches] 

" Haha, it worked. It actually worked! But too up close and personal for me, no thank you" 

Hmm, maybe " Nunchucks "  [8 matches]

"Too hard to use practically. But I bet Mr. Lee would have loved the multiverse, those invaders would really have been toast if he was still with us."

Tim kept visualizing random weapons, experimenting with the system's selection of wares while keeping an eye on the timer. There were 30 minutes left, he still hadn't found anything he was on-board 100 percent. He had earmarked a few interesting ones, if he didn't find anything after 10 more minutes he would make a selection. 

"Hmm well, let's see, what else have I missed? Let's try this."

"Rapier" [1 match]

He pressed on it.

Warrior's Resentment

A weapon crafted from the spine of an elusive Rank 1 creature, the Diamond Backed Hedgehog. It's spines are released in a defense mechanism when it feels a threat to its life, few creatures or cultivators at the same level would dare challenge it. The sharpness of it's spines are terrifying, able to easily pierce through most armor of the same grade. However, this mythical creature finds rank advancement very difficult, as it's spines  can only be used once after which a long period of time is needed for regeneration. 

This experimental weapon is extremely thin and sharp, but those who have been felled by it bear it a great deal of resentment. For those with a warrior's heart out to temper themselves, a single misstep in the face of this treacherous weapon only results in one thing: Death.

"Jackpot, baby!" exclaimed Tim and quickly confirmed the weapon selection.

 

 

 

2