Chapter 26- Myriad Truth Recovery Pill
37 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Done introducing the first four treasures, Daoist Indranath's brows furrowed and eyes narrowed as if he was dealing with some sort of highly combustible material while staring at the last item. It was a small, white pill that had no particular distinguishing characteristics. Tim had easily looked over it, focusing on the rainbow coloured pill in the begining instead.

"Fellow Daoist, this is my most prized possession, a heavenly treasure that can only be used by Rank 2 cultivators. I do not know it's name, but I have termed it the Myriad Truth Recovery Pill! I only choose to reveal it's existence to you because my safety is assured by the system, otherwise I fear you would try and kill me for it! " said Indranath in a plain tone.

"Dude I'm not like you multiverse weirdos. I won't kill you for something I don't think I can even use... stop trying to hype it up and get to the point." said Tim, refuting Indranath's devious assumptions and wondering if this charade was a waste of time.

"Alas, Fellow Daoist you say that only because you are unaware of it's use. The Myriad Truth Recovery Pill is one that can only be consumed after death.... As long as it is fed to a person within than 24 hours after his death, all their wounds will be miraculously healed, regardless of severity! Even if your throat is slit, it will be mended! Unfortunately, one must be a destiny forger for it to take effect... but now you must understand its value!" Daoist Indranath was almost screaming in excitement at this point.

Tim's eyes widened in realization, as if he had suddenly gained some sort of enlightenment. His high wisdom helped him barely suppress his emotions for now.

In a hoarse voice, Tim asked "How do I know if you are not lying to me regarding the effects of all these items? I see no system prompt describing them."

Both hands clasped behind his back, Daoist Indranath slightly raised his chin and replied "As long I am a system vendor for Planet Earth, I cannot lie to you. "

[A system vendor cannot lie regarding the quality of their wares or inspection of goods purchased during the period of their tenure. Consequences: Termination of employment.]

" I see, well I have to admit that your little toys are quite fascinating. Pity I don't have anything to trade for them with." said Tim, feigning a crestfallen tone.

"Ha ha ha, worry not. As long as you survive, there will be many grander opportunities and auctions in the multiverse. For a mid-stage initiate level cultivator, those are out of my reach but as a trial taker perhaps you can succeed, fellow daoist. It brings my clan great honor to impress such a future powerhouse as yourself." Indranath replied in a pacifying manner.

Tim understood how the game worked now, so he took out his Dao Fruit and asked, "Daoist Indranath, can you explain to me how I am suppose to utilise this reward I got from the system, I am willing to pay for this information".

"Thousand curses! Is that a Dao fruit by any chance!? Please, let this humble merchant know which element it represents, I have only laid my eyes on one such treasure before in my life" Indranath acted as if he had lost all composure, begging Tim to divulge the information.

"Mist"

"Oh... Well I suppose that is still good. It is truly hard to get a Dao fruit not belonging to the four elements, but I won't lie to you, it is still an extremely rare treasure that any initiate level cultivatior would kill for. " despite reassuring Tim, the excitement in his eyes noticibly dimmed.

He continued on "I will explain to you how a Dao fruit works though, such is my job as an appraiser. It will cost you one gold coin, is that alright?"

"Yes"

"Well, since you managed to finish the trial, I presume that you have some sort of minor Dao insight that is proficient at offence. Perhaps something like the Dao of immolation? I would venture a guess that you gained insight into two aspects somehow, makes me truly wonder what your profession back on Earth was to let you breakthrough this fast..... or maybe it's just talent. Well anyway, to use the Dao fruit you can simply consume it, but you will only gain a very basic understanding into it's profound truths. Gaining insight into the various aspects of your chosen Dao is dependent upon one's own comprehension and talent, it cannot be forced. Some may accomplish it in hours like yourself, while others might take decades and still fail. But, there is a problem."

"What is it?"

"You managed to gain insight into a Dao and two aspects this fast, means that you were naturally suited to it. However, if you choose to consume it..... it is only a gamble at best. If you are not suited to the profound truth's of mist, it will be a tragic waste. Even if one may be a prodigy, it is impossible to be talented in all the profound truths."

Tim understood what Indranath was getting at. He already knew that the only reason he managed to get insights into wind was because he was on the verge of death and the mystical feeling was the only thing that could save him in that situation. Indranath called him a prodigy, but Tim wagered a guess that he wasn't much different from the norm when it came to this 'comprehension'.

"I see, what a pity."

"I will be honest with you, Fellow Daoist. I wish to acquire this Dao Fruit from you for the profound truths of mist are best suited for evasion and self-preservation, greatly in line with my needs as a wandering merchant. I believe that I will be able to gain insight into at least one aspect. If you will agree to this deal...... then I will let you select any two items from my personal collection" said Indranath, making a very pained expression.

"Even if I choose the two pills?"

"As a merchant... profit is important. However, since I need this Dao fruit for my own personal cultivation I have no choice to acquire it even if I have to pay a great price. This however, is my bottom line. A treasure that I can directly use is naturally of greater importance to me than those I cannot, but I will not bankrupt myself for it either" Indranath explained candidly.

Tim extended the hand with the fruit forward, causing Indranath to lean in for a closer glance in anticipation, thinking Tim had agreed to the trade.. A sonic boom sounded out from Tim's other hand, directly aimed in a vicious uppercut towards Indranath's chin.

 

 

2