Chapter 27- Immunity
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tim's fist was centimetres away from making contact with his target. Alas, he knew he would never reach it. Immediately before the punch connected, he was locked down by some unfathomable power, the nature of which was beyond his comprehension. An intangible pressure weighed down on him, rendering him immobile and completely helpless. Thankfully, it seemed to be taking it easy as there was no physical pain..... but Tim knew that if it wished to kill him all it needed was a thought.

[The system vendor is granted immunity during his tenure. The system vendor cannot attack the cultivators of Earth, nor can attacks against the system vendor be permitted]

As soon as Tim mentally acknowledged what the system was saying the pressure on him dissipated. What a humbling experience that was. Well, Tim was never serious about attacking Indranath, but the man was trying to scam him so there was no way he could take his word for anything.

"At least you didn't lie about this part, slimy bastard " spat out Tim in disgust.

Indranath was genuinely shocked and enraged, shouting back " I have treated you with respect and fairness, offering you a fair exchange! I do not understand why you would try to ASSAULT ME like this, even if you do not wish to agree to my offer there is no need for violence!?"

Tim sneered at his bullshit " I don't know whether this is another test of some sorts, or just designed to piss me off because the trial wasn't enough for you sick perverts. Well.... you don't seem that important so you might just be an unlucky guy, it would've mostly worked on anyone else.

Indranath didnt even flinch at these accusations, replying in an uncharacteristically grave tone " Fellow Daoist, these wild accusations are an insult to the Golden Light Trading House's honor and reputation. I demand you either take your words back or give me an explaination!".

Tim was reminded of his old mooting days, young law students going at each other throats for the slightest slip or fallacy with often exaggerated and over-enthusiastic rebuttals. He collected his thoughts and replied " Firstly, to disarm my suspicions you used the system to reinforce the fact that you cannot lie to me, as long as it pertains to any items that you have on sale or I sell to you. Indeed, you haven't lied. However, does that mean you are under an obligation to speak the truth? What is the truth? Truth is only limited to your own knowledge, and your own perception is it not?"

" Merely fancy words, I do not see your point"

" Secondly, the two pills you have are complimentary..... they are too convienient. I must admit I am not well versed in this 'cultivation' you speak off, but you mustn't underestimate the power of logical analysis. One pill helps you reach this Destiny Forger realm you speak of, while the other is only usuable at that realm. And I am to believe that you are willing to let go of these valuable treasures so easily?"

"You do not understand the importance of the Dao fruit to me, you are just trying to play detective without any evidence."

" I agree with you. Indeed, up until this point all I have is conjecture.... except.... The Myriad Truth Recovery Pill...... HAHAHAHAHAHA, YOU DEVIOUS MERCHANT"

"...." Indranath didn't know how to react to this sudden outburst to the laughter.

Tim's expression was frightingly dark, and he glared at Indranath with such intensity, as if he could peer into Indranath's thoughts.

"A pill that restores life to a dead person, a pill that can bring someone back to life as long as it is taken within twenty four hours..... does not exist in the multiverse. That is the impression you want to give when explaining this pill of yours, is it not? Do not argue with me on this, I have asked the system. Only those at the pinnacle of the Supreme Dao of Life may be able to create new life, but it is impossible to revive those who have died." said Tim, in a downcast voice.

Daoist Indranath's eyes went wide as saucers at this statement, now he knew what question Tim had asked the system. How could he possibly be this unlucky? Indeed, it was as he said, a pill that let's you improve your cultivation and a pill that supposedly gives you a second chance af life were those intentionally meant to stand out, few trial takers would be able to resist such a temptation.

" You are not obligated to tell me the truth, but if I ask you regarding it's details you cannot lie to me, isn't this how this pathetic game works? Then tell me, what does this Destiny's Grasp pill actually do?"

Slightly stammering, Daoist Indranath replied "I-It increases the chance of reaching the Destiny a Forger realm."

"By how much?"

"...... One percent "

"And, go on now. What does this Myriad Truth Recovery Pill actually do?"

" As long as it is fed to a dead cultivator within 24 hours all their external wounds, regardless of severity will be healed."

"Do they come back to life?"

"No"

"Pray tell, what purpose was this pill created for then? Is it solely to scam idiots like me?"

"It was found as part of an ancient destiny forger cultivator's inheritance. The only reason I managed to procure it was almost no Rank 2 cultivator wished to bid on it, it's purpose was to restore a dead body to a respectable condition before burial."

"Hmm, I see. Very educational, thank you. I'll be taking my fruit back now"

Daoist Indranath felt chills across his body, he had made a very big mistake. This man was no lunatic, he was paying close attention to his every word, looking for loopholes since the begining. Not only had he been exposed, perhaps a terrifying calamity had been invited to the doorsteps of the Golden Light Trading House.

" Oh and since you so graciously answered my questions, I will answer one of yours. In my previous life I was a shopkeeper, though I didn't make my living conning people." said Tim in his parting words, slamming the door and walking toward the Citadel Governer's room

 

 

 

2