Chapter 15 – Relations
2.2k 8 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was plenty to be done, and Lexi insisted on doing all of it. In the days following the rescue, Elaine had felt well and truly useless. Useless aside from her unspoken role as Allie’s caretaker. It had reached the point where Elaine wondered whether Lexi was leaving the two together intentionally to actually help their relationship. It seemed like a ludicrous notion, but more and more Lexi had visibly warmed up to Elaine. It was hard to believe sometimes, but it made sense. Between the rescue and her constant doting on the Lexi’s recovering little sister, Elaine had built up a lot of goodwill.

Besides, some part of Elaine had always felt that the haughty, but playful incredulity was just one of the ways Lexi showed affection. The part where she threatened to kill Elaine should she break Allie’s heart was probably just an advanced form of that mixed with sisterly instincts. Which wasn't to say Elaine was eager to test her gracious host on that, both for her own sake, and more importantly, for Allie’s sake, whom she had no intention of ever hurting again.

Which was one of many reasons why she threw herself into looking after Allie. Looking after her injuries, making sure the cold hadn’t done any permanent damage, reporting anything concerning to Lexi, who would then liberally apply one of her inventions in an attempt to live up to the doctor part of her alias. Elaine was always too scared to ask whether she actually had a doctorate and if it was the sort that would warrant her practicing any sort of medicine. If nothing else, though, Lexi’s powers were doing a hell of a lot to pull their weight. 

Her tech had returned feeling and function to Allie’s fingers and toes, healed the myriad of cuts, bruises and the like sustained during their fight, and all but completely eliminated Allie’s trauma induced nightmares. With the more hands-on medical aspects taken care of, Elaine had spent the better part of a week feeding, comforting, and otherwise keeping Allie company. And, as much as she felt like a caged animal, desperately wanting to get out there and do something about all the terrible shit in the world, she, at the very least, could take satisfaction that the woman she cared so deeply for was grateful to her every day. 

As for what Lexi was up  to, Elaine was at a loss. The woman spent her days babbling about contacts and clandestine meetings with a myriad of colorful sounding characters she claimed to be cooperating with. Lexi constantly left Elaine wondering whether or not she really was well and truly connected with some vast criminal underbelly, or just an eccentric tease with a tendency to embellish. That wasn’t to say she wasn’t clearly working her ass off for the two of them. 

Unfortunately, wondering after Lexi’s surreptitious activity was where things started and stopped. Lexi was enigmatic as she was opaque, and any attempt to pry information from her simply resulted in an insistence that Elaine and Allie were better off knowing as little as possible. This, of course, only served to peak Elaine’s interest all the more. For her part, Allie was trusting her sister to handle things, not out of resignation or lack of curiosity, and more out of need to disconnect from that life until she was recovered and ready to decide if going back was an option for her.

For the time being, Allie was content to spend her days laying about and being doted on. Any unspoken tension between she and Elaine had long since evaporated and, setting aside the fact they were in hiding while Allie was recovered from days of torture and imprisonment followed by actual murder, the two had been living a fairly idyllic life. They would sleep in, eat when and what they wanted, relax in bed together, fritter the hours away chatting with one another as they were both reminded time and time again of the chemistry which drew them together in the first place.

As her recovery continued, Allie grew increasingly bold in her advances upon Elaine, who found growing difficulty putting responsibility over her attraction and affection. She had insisted day in, day out just as much to herself as to Allie that she wouldn’t indulge until the recovery had finished. She had been doing pretty well too, until Allie forced her hand. 

That resolute denial was how Elaine wound up walking face first into one of Allie’s force fields, before having her arms and legs bound by glowing tendrils and being dragged to bed by a smug, cocksure Allie. 

“So this is how it’s gonna be, is it?” Elaine quirked an eyebrow in amusement, tilting her head to the side. “Tell me, Allie, do you really think you can handle me like this?” Despite her predicament, Elaine’s voice oozed confidence, each word dripping the practiced seduction that came with literally doing this shit for a living. For her part, Allie remained unphased, for now.

“I think so, Elaine my dear. You’ve been denying me for quite some time, it was inevitable that I’d take matters into my own hands.” She shot back, laying her former nemesis upon the bed, hovering over her with hungry confidence. “I hope you’re aware that if I’m strong enough to do this,” she closed her eyes in concentration, before a light, persistent sweeping pressure danced its way along Elaine’s labia tantalizingly, “then I’m more than recovered enough to steal a bit of passion from the dashing villainess who rescued me.”

“I can tell you’re trying, little dove, but this fish isn’t biting. At least, not until you realize you’re the bait, not the one controlling the line. If you wanna keep going down there though, be my guest, I find it quite lovely.” Elaine attempted to casually cross her legs, before remembering that wasn’t a thing she could do, instead she just rolled her eyes, huffing. “Welp, you’ve got me here, go on, give it your best shot.”

“You talk a big game, Elaine but you’re stuck there now. I’m gonna spread you wide and play that pussy like a trumpet. I’ll pucker on your clit and blow ‘til you sing me a song. When I’m done with you they’ll call you Subspace.” It took her several moments to process, but after an extended period of silence punctuated by an expectant stare from Allie, Elaine realized that yes, indeed, Allie actually expected that line to work. She just hoped her laughter didn’t actually hurt the poor girl’s feelings.

“Babe, seriously? I can’t, I just can’t. You’re killing me. You’ll play my pussy like a trumpet? I mean come on imagine if I said that to you do you really think that would--” She wound up cutting herself off as she sunk into another fit of laughter. 

“I thought it was good.” Allie whined, pouting as she glanced away. 

“It was cute, you’re cute.“

“I’m not trying to be cute! I’m trying to be hot.” She drew herself closer to the still bound Elaine, and began to eagerly kiss her captor, sliding her hands along Elaine’s body, greedily groping every inch she could find as Elaine simply relaxed into her ministrations.

“Well, maybe with time you could work your way up to hot. For now, you’re just adorable” She quipped, laying back, glancing at Allie expectantly. “So, you planning on trying to top, me or what?”

“Well, no. I mean, not really. I was mostly hoping I’d get you worked up enough that you’d actually fuck me. I promise I’m actually up for it.” She leaned back on the bed, lounging in just the right way to show off her gorgeous body. Elaine smirked.

“Fine, we’ll do it your way. Get me out of these bindings and I’ll, what was it you said? ‘Pucker on your clit and blow ‘til you sing me a song?’”

“Okay, yup. I get it now, not sexy.” Between giggles, Allie waved away Elaine’s bindings, making herself comfortable, just in time for the two to be interrupted by a sudden banging on their door.

“Alright lovebirds, get out here. I have an announcement to make.” Lexi didn’t bother waiting for a reply, already stalking off, her footsteps echoing loudly down the hall. Allie shot Elaine an irritated look as Elaine simply shrugged in reply. The two sighed, disentangled themselves from one another, and made themselves presentable.

Lexi was lounging on her couch, a smug grin painted on her face as her audience approached.

“Alright, you’ve got us here Lexi, what’s up?” The edge in Allie’s voice was hard to miss, apparently denial was only something she liked when performed by Elaine.

“I’m just here to tell you how I’ve saved you both. But please, do hold your applause ‘til the end.” She waved her hand dismissively. “So as you may know, I’ve been working day in and day out to find a solution to the fact that you two are the most sought after deltas in the city. At long last, the fruits of my labor have come to bare. In about one month’s time, villains Slipspace and Arcadia will die, publicly and indisputably,  after a disruptive crime spree. After that we get the two of you set up with new identities and boom, normal lives. In the meantime I’ve got some friends working on a bit of a PR campaign for the two of you and against the twins. When you die there will be outrage, say hello to civil unrest and hopefully, change.” She opened her palms and grinned in a ‘ta-da’ gesture. 

“Okay, you’ve lost me a bit with the whole we both die thing?” 

“Well, I’m gonna let you in on a big secret.” Lexi glanced about conspiratorially, as though checking for any who may be listening, then leaned forward, gesturing for Elaine and Allie to do the same.. “Don’t tell anybody I told you this, but there are people out there with superpowers.” She whispered. No amount of eye rolling could express Elaine’s annoyance. Luckily before she could snap back Allie interjected.

“So you have a friend who can convincingly fake our deaths? In that case if Elaine and I are ‘dead’ can we start being villains again under new aliases?” It was subtle, but Allie’s comment clearly caused Lexi to visibly flinch.

“Allie please don’t, I don’t want you going back out there. I know you want the pod finished, and I do too, but we’ll need to find a more subtle way to do this. I’m already working to have Azure’s plans to patent and commercialize a super cure leaked to the public. I’m hoping the outcry which follows will be enough to get the ball rolling on some actual change.” From the look on her face, It seemed even Lexi didn’t truly believe that would be enough.

“Not happening, I’m not leaving this up to chance. Not leaving it up to the system to fix itself with a little outside pressure and peaceful protests. That song and dance has been done a million times with Azure, and it won’t do anything to end this fucking stage show that we’re all forced to participate in. We’re going back out there, you can either help us or not, it won’t change my mind.” The smoldering look of determination which Allie wore was one Elaine had seen Lexi give many times since their reunion, it seemed to run in the family, and left no room for debate. It was probably the most intimidating Allie had ever been. Lexi’s eyes fell, nodding quietly.

“Fine. I’ll help you both if that’s what has to be done, but give me time, please. I can work on something to help you sell that you’re not the same people as before. And I’ll make some calls to ensure this time that there are no prying eyes to connect the dots between your old identities and new ones.” The terms seemed amicable enough, and Elaine was just happy to not be caught between the two. Satisfied, Lexi stood to leave, but Elaine wasn’t finished.

“Hold on, a second Lexi. I appreciate everything you’ve done for use but I need more information. I don’t like being kept in the dark after everything we’ve been through together.” At her words, Lexi huffed, and sat back down.

“Fine, I’ll give you the short of it, you’ll have to forgive me for not being at liberty to disclose every name of every person I’ve worked with. The network of deltas operating underground outside of the hero and villain dichotomy is larger than you might expect. But the most important player in this is a certain information broker you may have heard of, she goes by the alias Mind’s Eye.” Lexi gazed at Elaine attentively, seeming to know what she would ask next.

“Isn’t that the woman who found a through-line between Arcadia and Kinetiq? Can we really trust her.” 

“I do. And I hope after everything we’ve been through, you trust me like I’m trusting you. She won’t be revealing any such information voluntarily. Who did you think I was referring to when I said I’d make sure nobody would be connecting those dots?” As far as Lexi was concerned, the matter was well and truly settled with that, and she spun on her heel, stalking off to her workspace. Elaine reluctantly let her go, but her frustration wasn’t quelled. She hated being sidelined like this.

“You know, Elaine, generally speaking control freaks make the best bottoms. Are you sure you got into the right line of work?” At the very least Allie seemed in a better mood, or more accurately, given the bratty need that undercut each of her words, Allie was in the exact same mood she had been in before the interruption. And fuck it, Elaine could use a little indulgence as stress relief. She spun about, setting her eyes upon Allie and grinned.

“You’ve been talking a big game today. Are you gonna put your money where your mouth is this time, or will I be putting my pussy where your mouth is, like usual?”

Allie gulped.

Hello my lovely readers! We're reaching the final "arc" so to speak here. But don't worry, we'll be seeing more of Elaine, Allie, Lexi and Sentinel in the future!

If you wouldn't mind, feel free to check out my Patreon! There you can read the first three chapters of my scifi romance story Complications of Interstellar Dating, which follows Ves, a butch trans woman, and her relationship with her spunky, excitable alien girlfriend, Amaryllis. Perhaps more enticingly, there's a very delicious audio reading of Searching For Normal's full chapter sex scene performed by yours truly (as well as a free sample, if you want to get a feel for it without paying). And lastly, you'll get early access to everything I write. You can become a patron for all that, and soon more content here.

85