Ch 31. It takes time to catch a Big game
923 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

T-t-t-t-t-t

Just a bit more…” (J)

T-t-t-t-t

I see them.

I caught a wagon in the crosshair.

T-t-t

From a line of bushes I was aiming at the road. I was manually cranking the horizontal and vertical aiming drives. The turret rotation can be noisy so we turned off the engine and electronics and were doing everything manually.

HE.

“Wait a moment.” (J)

Faster.

Why don’t you do it yourself? Uuugh!” (J)

Stop giving birth and load.

Why don’t you try crouching here yourself? It’s so easy to command from a seat while I’m working.” (J)

Faster, you moron.

Jester lifted a blueish shell and with one move pushed it into the breach. Then he pushed the shot.

“Ready. Mounting the machine gun.” (J)

Jester climbed out and grabbed the handles of Kord. Just one more tankman is required to begin.

Old man?

Bang-bang

He’s still outside.

Why are you still there? We’re about to start!

After the confirmation knock, Old man dived to his seat.

Ready?! Shooting!

BOOM

Tck-tck-tck-wrRRUUUM

The shell exploded right below the targeted wagon and sent its remnants flying.

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bum

From above, Jester was raining fire at a large caravan.

We spent the entire day setting up an ambush on one of the main caravan roads and now we reap the harvest.

I flicked all of the switches and in few moments the stabilization, the autoloader and the fire control revived.

Whuuuu-ch-whuu

Shooting!

BOOM

Another wagon was torn apart.

I already shot the wagons in the front and the back thus causing chaos. They have nowhere to drive after they were caught in this deadly trap.

The men and horses were running around under gunfire and explosions. One man mindlessly ran towards us. Soon his chest exploded when a burst of 12.7mm bullets landed nearby. A bloody mist and a cloud of dust flew around.

A group of men started setting up a shield wall. After brief clanging of the autoloader, I aimed the gun right at the middle of their wall and fired.

BOOM

Before the dust settled I turned the gun away. I both have more targets to destroy, and no desire to look at the carnage. I will see that again and again.

Unlike the modern soldiers, the medieval soldiers do not spread out at the first sign of a threat. They do not take cover when they are under fire. They do not maneuver and flank but try to fight head on.

BOOM

As the smoke was blown out of the gun, the battlefield went silent.

“Good work, Ground. We spotted another caravan. They are moving down the route №3.”

Thank you, Papa Crow. Old man, let’s get going.

WRRRRRUUUUU

With a loud roar the tank climbed out of the cover and crawled towards the road.

Turn left.

We drove over the leftover debris and moved towards the new ambush area.

When we were on the caravan road I climbed out of the gunner’s hatch and sat on top of the turret. The clear weather and the sun made this day so nice for the outdoor activity. Whenever I feel burdened I start to search for something nice, something natural…

The green camouflage was hidden below a layer of leaves. I was sitting on the leaves and branches we used to cover the tank and after the entire day under the sunlight they were warm and comfortable. I would be fine with lying down to sleep but I am more preoccupied with searching a good spot for the ambush.

Soon I found one.

Old man, turn right 80. We will try taking cover in that line of bushes.

We parked the tank in the middle of bushes and small trees that separate the road and the fields.

Koroche, beryote topori iz ZIP I begom na zagotovki.” [Alright, take the axes from inventory and go logging at once.]

While the crew was gathering wood for a good firing position, I was planning the ambush from the war room.

We are back!” Jester was dragging a lot of tree branches while Old man carried a lot of leaves.

While they were busy covering the tank with large branches, I was placing smaller branches and jumping back and forth like a saiga to make sure that neither of the optics or gun barrels would be blocked. With my small constitution it ended up much easier than I thought.

After several hours of work we were done. Even though the sun is setting, we are ready to take down another caravan.


T-t-t-t-t-t

Azimuth 320.’ (O)

“Azimuth 320!” (J)

T-t-t-t

27