Ch 33. Rescueing VIP
776 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Uuuugh!” I separated my sore a* from the seat.

Is everybody alright?

Yes…” (J)

Wish I was younger…” (O)

Thank you for bearing with it. I hope the reward is greater than the loss our butts suffered.” I opened the hatch and stood on the seat pad.

The carriage was a bit damaged but the middle appeared to be fine, from my perspective that is.

Old man, bring us closer. Right.

The tank twitched and turned on the spot. Old man drove us until we were near the carriage’s side.

Jester aimed the gun right at the door.

Whuuuu-ch-whuu

I sat on my knees to cover with the hatch and unholstered the Makarov.

Open the door and walk out with your arms raised. If you will try running away or will have a weapon in your hands, we will shoot to kill. You have 30 seconds to respond or exit. Tic-tac.

The door was ‘opened’ and fell on the ground. Four shaking men stepped out with their arms high. When everything was safe I peeked from behind the hatch.

All four men were in armor and no doubt soldiers. The person we were supposed to safe was nowhere to be seen outside.

Where is the captured man?

He is inside… wounded...” One of the soldiers mumbled.

Jester, Old man! Take him out and perform the first aid! You, go there. Nice and easy.” I gripped the gun and was ready to turn off the safety the very moment they twitch the wrong way.

Actually, I was considering shooting them, just to be safe.

Jester jumped down and helped Old man get out. They approached the carriage.

WAAAAAA!!!

BANG

One of the soldiers tried running into them.

S*!” Jester fell on his a* and was ready to shoot at them. Old man, on the other hand, was aiming inside the carriage and when he heard no further gunshots he slowly stepped from one side of the door to the other.

I see him.” (O)

Everything is under control. Proceed.

Dima, stop sitting! We’ve got a man to rescue!” He entered the carriage and Jester followed.


The ‘prisoners’ were trembling. One of them was shot immediately with no way of evading the attack. And I have no doubt my face right now tells them clearly for how long I will hesitate shooting the other braves.

We are carrying him out!” (J)

Jester and Old man carried out a man and put him on the ground.

Report.

“He’s unconscious and was beaten a bit. Maybe there are some injuries but nothing major. We will bandage him and that should be it.” (O)

Good job.

Five minutes later the man was lifted to the turret’s top. The ERA is not the softest of beds but we are not an ambulance. We have no other mean of transportation aside from the crushed carriage.

I was thinking what to do with the remaining prisoners. The execution was excluded immediately.

Old man, how long would it take us to reach that village?

You mean with them walking? Not even tomorrow.” (O)

Between the ‘I want to get this over with right now’ and ‘I want to do everything safely’ won the former.

Everyone inside. You, climb here and hold those handrails. And I strongly recommend not letting them out of your hands.” With this I closed the hatch.

The prisoners hesitated for a bit but did what was ordered. When the tank started moving they gripped the handrails like if they are their only hope for survival. They are, by the way.

We did not drive at full speed. If we would do so, my poor a* will be destroyed. Also, I have a feeling that the torsions are damaged.

When we arrive we will be f*ing.” I informed everybody.

“Hey, fairy, will we be f*ing for real or just ‘so-so’?” (J)

For real…” [The joke]

Spoiler

A fairy was flying by a military base. On the ground she saw three tankmen repairing a tank's track. She approached.

“What are you doing?”

“F*ing a bit.”

“And do you want to f* for real?”

“Who would not want?”

The fairy swung her wand…

And the tank’s turret flew off.

[collapse]

Damn it…” Jester started quietly weeping. At the best I can help them unscrew the nuts, if I will be jumping on the wrench.

I picked up the radio.

Ether, this is Beril-Main, do you read me?

“Loud and clear.” (E)

Is there a way to help us with one interesting thing…?

“I would want to say yes, but actually I cannot help you.” (E)

And is there a way to return the ‘no longer required’ stuff?

“Yes. When you are done I will send you a helicopter.” (E)

Hey… can we borrow it for a bit…?

“No.” (E)


We returned to the village where was the vanguard. It was completely desolate. The road was broken by many people walking and carriages driving. A few of the carriages were actually in the ditches.

Great, damn it.” I checked the map, then the war room map.

Turn 180… Forward…” I want to rest, I want to eat, and my a* hurts.

We continued searching for the allied forces and caught up to them only by the morning. And it was the easiest part…

28