Ch 36. C4, coming through!
808 17 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ta-Ta-Ta-Ta-Ta

Under the cover of the night a single Mi-8 helicopter flew over the forest. In the distance some lights were visible. They might belong to any side of the fight but it mattered little. GRU special forces squad had its specific target and was ready to do what it must.

LISTEN UP, EVERYONE! WE WILL INFILTRATE AT POINT ALEXEI AND PROCEED TO THE CHECKPOINT PAVEL. DO NOT ENGAGE UNLESS ORDERED TO. ALL CONTACTS CONSIDER HOSTILE. ANY QUESTIONS?

GOOD.” The squad commander shouted to outvoice the helicopter’s engine and rotor.

Mi-8 pitched up and slowed down before landing in an opening, 3 kilometers away from an artillery battery.

The side doors were opened and ten soldiers in balaclavas and green uniform jumped out. All soldiers crouched and checked their weapons.

Rapier 9, Rapier 10, is everything ready?” (R1)

Yes.” Two soldiers with backpacks in their hands signed ‘OK’ and helped each other wear the backpacks.

Squad, move out.” (R1)

A dispersed line of troops moved through the forest. Two of them had their rifles at ready and covered the march.

The leader crouched and raised his fist. The squad grouped in a line at the edge of the forest. In front of them was an open space.

So?” (R1)

“One soldier. Take him down?” (R8)

“Keep an eye on him. Rapiers 6, 7 and 8 will stay here. Take him down if he spots us. The rest, move out.” (R1)

The troops bent down to reduce the height and moved forward through the moon-lit field.

Passed the middle. Everything alright?’ (R1)

“Yes. Everything is clear.” (R8)

Move.’ (R1)

When the squad reemerged into the forest and the cover group crossed the opening, the soldiers proceeded towards their goal.

Be advised, checkpoint Mikhail reached. There is a road up ahead, watch the area.’ (R1)

The troops moved in parallel to the road.

Approaching checkpoint Nikolai.’ (R1)

Enemies up ahead.’ (R4)

Four enemy soldiers were walking on the road. They were walking in pairs and held torches. There was quite a distance between the pairs…

Seri, what are you going to do after we return?

I’ll go get drunk. Today’s cause is my Father’s birthday.

Ha-ha! You’re as a MMGH!!! KHhhh…

Two soldiers in the back had their throats cut and were dragged into the bushes on the side of the road.

What was that?

Hey, wh…

Pum Pum

Clear.’ Two bodies were dragged away.

Two more patrols were cleared before the squad arrived to the checkpoint.

Pavel reached. Rapiers 9 and 10, prepare everything. Rapiers 7 and 8, overwatch. Light those f* up if things go south.’ (R1)

Ready.’ Two soldiers removed their backpacks and opened them. Inside were single-use RPGs and explosive charges.

Take the explosives. You, be ready to blast everything.’ (R1)

From the forest the commander clearly saw a camp and a number of cannons. Those were huge guns, most likely delivered here during the initial siege. A lot of soldiers were stationed around and some were preparing the cannons to fire.

Move out.’ (R1)

Under the cover of the night, 6 operatives approached the camp. Everyone who was caught in the way unknowingly approached the death, and some even felt it when a hand in a glove covered their mouth and cold steel of a combat knife pierced their throat.

After seeping through the camp, the squad regrouped and the commander signed.

[4,5,6, go from the left flank. Engage when necessary. 2,3, follow me.]

Two groups reached the cannons. There were 20 in total, and there was a choice: go loud or do everything silent.

Rapier 6, report.’ (R1)

In position.’ (R6)

Set the charges.’ (R1)

One group sneaked from the left side of the cannons line, and the other group sneaked from the right.

The soldiers had the hardest mission: to place a charge on every cannon. Undetected.

Do it faster.’ (R5)

F* you.’ (R4)

A soldier came from behind a tent and casually walked past a bush. Even when he disappeared in the darkness his friends were not worried.

When he approached the cannon he saw something near it. But it was not the firing time.

Pum

Everything is fine.’ (R6)

It was the 4th cannon.

When the explosive charges were placed on every cannon, the squad retreated.


A. Belov’s POV

“Beril-Main, this is Rapier. Task completed.” (R1)

It is 3 AM.

Sorry for the noise~.” (R1)

KABOOM

What the f*?!” Jester jumped up.

Thank you for the job done. Now, let me sleep.

“Got it. Is there anything we can be useful for?” (R1)

If you can find some good targets for artillery and aircraft, I will owe you.

“Roger that. 10 bottles of beer and we are even. Over and out.” (R1)

I smiled and happily returned to sleeping.

No longer those damned cannons will disturb my sleep.

26