Ch 45. Operation “Mole”. Part 5
583 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Archers, in the building!” (J)

In 20 meters from the prison stands a wooden building with many windows. The enemy archers are hiding in that building and only peek out to shoot.

Bang Bang

Fwoosh

S*, we need to take them down!” (J)

Good idea, now tell me how to do it, without catching arrows in the process!

Phew

Bang Bang Bang

The enemy is constantly running around and tries to change positions as much as they can. For now, the situation is still under control but if they occupy the other building nearby, we will be caught in crossfire.

Bang Bang

Phew’ ‘Phew

Damn you! They are focusing fire!” (J)

Our main advantage is that we are in a fortified building. The stone walls are out main shield. However, we both understood that it won’t be like that for long.

A couple of fire arrows and this place will light up like a match.

Click

“Dima, I hope you are as good in shooting the rifle, as you are with the gun!

Suppressing fire!

Tra-ta-ta-ta-ta

STOP WASTING THE AMMO! THOSE F*ERS DON’T GIVE A F* ABOUT SUPPRESSION!” (J)

Damn it…

Click

Bang Bang Bang

5.45 rounds easily pierce the wooden walls of the building, and if they hit the ones behind them, it is a certain incapacitation. The problem is that we have no time to locate the enemy, and suppression does not work on the archers, who never even thought about hiding when under fire.

Bang Bang Bang

I wish we brought the machine gun!” (J)

And who would’ve carried it?! We were out of breath just by carrying this much! Now triple the weight!

As if I give a f* about the weight!” (J)

Bang Bang

Better to have my back break, than to die here!” (J)

I saw movement in one more building.

They are taking other positions! Watch out for the line of sight!

Got it!” (J)

Bang Bang

Bang Bang Bang

You there! Can an arrow pierce your shield?” I called out to one of the soldiers who helped us.

It should not! What can we do, Sir?” (S)

Go and bring me a couple of shields! We will take cover behind them!” The soldier nodded and ran.

Phew

Phew

The arrows almost hit him but luckily it is ‘almost’.


Less than a minute later he carried in two sturdy shields.

Hold it like this.” One more soldier helped holding the shields. The two of them made a makeshift embrasure which immediately started receiving hits.

Sir, it won’t hold for long and we’ll need to remove the arrows when they clog the shields.” (S)

Got it.

I had a steady aim and did not rush.

A head peeked… I aimed like a sniper… Finger is on the trigger… Pulling it lightly, and…

Bang

The silhouette fell down.

Next…

Bang

Next…

Bang

Next…

Bang

“Wow! It works?!” (J)

It should…

Bang

The intensity of enemy shooting decreased dramatically. After this intensive pest extermination, I let the soldier ‘clean’ the shields by cutting off the arrows.

Since the archers’ activity was much lower we could finally focus on firing at the enemies, who attacked the 1st floor.

Bang Bang

The pressure must be immense…

Hm… Be ready!” I removed the pin.

“Frag out!”

BOOM

The grenade exploded in the middle of the enemy troops piled up at the main entrance. The shrapnel dealt a lot of damage, and the enemy was unable to immediately continue pressuring the allies.

It would help a lot if we could fire at them properly but the archers are still stalking us. We can’t aim down, or stay outside of cover for long.

Dima, fire at the archers! I will try to help our allies!

Bang Bang

Bang

Despite our resistance and shooting, the situation was becoming worse.

Enemy reinforcements!” (J)

We already killed a few dozens of enemy soldiers but the enemy was sending more and more of them. They must’ve risked and sent some of the soldiers from the walls.

Our infamous trio must’ve already attracted enough attention to make them consider us bigger threat than the allied army.

“Frag out!”

For now, we were still able to hold them from breaking through the barricades.

Bang Bang

But for how long…?

There are more of them! They really want us dead, don’t they?!” (J)

We can handle it!” (S)

Phew

As one of the allied soldiers peeked to release an arrow, he was shot.

ARRGH!” (S)

Damn it! Stop standing! Perform the first aid!” Dima threw a first aid kit, and immediately returned to firing.

That is the cruel reality of war… We are the only ones who can give the wounded a proper medical help but then we will sign the death sentence to the rest of the soldiers. It will be a miracle if he doesn't bleed out.

I felt that it might be the end of this fight. We are simply overwhelmed…

C*&e &n! D% y*u r$@# &e?” I rashly took the radio.

This is Senior lieutenant Ivanov! We are besieged by a lot of enemy soldiers! We need assistance immediately, over!

Old m&n, ha^% *n t&ere! I’* c&^ing!No way…

It can’t be…

YOU! STAY AWAY FROM HERE! WE ARE OVERWHELMED! YOU WILL DIE!

R&ger. Es^@#at@d time of a&&iv!l is &# &inu%es. D^on’t ^ou d^are d^ing. B&*il-&ain. O&^r a&^ *&t.

DON’T YOU DARE COMING HERE!

Static noise

18