Ch 67. Watch your next step
448 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We sat down on the tank’s engine cover and prepared to watch the show.

We’re aimed. Shooting now.” (T)

The three of us looked at the torches in field.

We continued looking…

And… where’s the show…?” (J)

I have no idea.” I picked up the radio to call Thor.

Where are my explosions?

We did 4 shots. Wait.” (T)

I wondered if the shots will even hit, considering how long it takes them to arrive.

I guess it’s time to call it a day.

“I agree.” (O)

“Let’s go sleep.” (J)

FWOOSH

FWOOSH

FWOOSH

FWOOSH

The sky was shattered by loud howl.

Then the entire field lit up for a second.

BOOM

There were no more lights.

Task complete. Anything else?” I reached for the radio.

It… should be all…?

Understood. We will be on our way then. Farewell.” (T)

Yeah… Good luck…

That was a bit unexpected, wasn’t it…?” (J)

Remind me to never argue with MLRS guys… They are freaking me out now…

“I will add it to the long list of grudges, fear, and ‘remind me to never’s.” (O)

Got any problems…?

“It must’ve been the wind.” Old man shrugged his shoulders and climbed into the tent.

If you see anybody walking, at least pretend to make sure they are not civilians.” After I gave Jester my parting words, I left this world.


In the war room I immediately headed towards the table.

You are back? Let’s play!” Stella stuck to my side and started rubbing itself against me.

Sorry, Stella, I have no time to play.” I gently pushed it away, and returned to the table.

Instead of hiding in the darkness, Stella started circling around the table, and looking at my actions.

Because it wasn’t bothering me, I ignored its curiosity.

I made the map as big as I could, and tried to fit the entire area from my position to the capital.

Luckily, the entire area fitted, right on the limit of the map’s scaling.

When I was about to call in Papa Crow, I saw that they are unavailable.

Ether, what the hell? Why is the AWACS unavailable?

Did I mention that the special support is available when it is actually needed?” (E)

You son of a… Alright, give me any good news.

“Good news: the army will take 18 more days to arrive to the rendezvous point. More good news, this is more than one army. There should be around 30000 men gathered. Do you want to hear the bad news…?” (E)

Go ahead.

“The capital has good defenses and narrow streets. You get what I mean.” (E)

My mood, which was skyrocketing from hearing there will be reinforcement, was now falling faster than a plane with its wings sawn off.

The MLRS should be able to handle it.

Civilians…?” (E)

Crackle

Come here. I promise, it won’t hurt long.

Sorry, I’ve got stuff to do. Maybe one of your new assets will be able to help. For now, let’s stick to the plan, shall we~?” I turned off the radio. I just don’t wish to hear Ether.

Sugar, come in. Can you perform me a recon?

“Sorry, Beril-Main, I am ‘a bit’ overweight. It is impossible to maneuver or scout with the bombs.” I wished to ask what the hell do the bombs have in common with the recon but Sugar went silent faster.

Alright. Dachshund, can you perform me a recon mission?

“I doubt it is possible. I will not see anything during the night.” (D)

If you sortie in the morning, will it be possible?

“That’s affirmative.” I was finally relived.

Then I am counting on you. I set up the waypoints. Search for groups of enemies, settlements, and other things that might be important.

“Understood. When I finish sleeping. Thank you.” It was a bit embarrassing to hear, so I pretended to ignore the latter part.

Now that there was nothing else to do, I started playing with Stella.

It was surely not against this idea.

15