Chapter 3: Reborn Online
1.5k 6 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When she said that, I disappeared from space and was submerged into another white light. When I came to, I was standing in a room with a wooden, single-sized bed and a decrepit, wooden, treasure chest. I walked to the chest and bent my knees to the ground. Then I placed my right hand on the lid and opened it by pushing it upwards.

Inside was a poor sword and basic clothing. I put on the brown rags and took the poor sword in the box.

I didn't want a sword, I wanted a katana or a spear, but that was something I had to buy myself. So instead I checked my stats, by saying stats.

Name: Raishaun Inkosi

Title: Demon Lord

Level 1: (0/500)

Class: Combat Mage

Health points: 600/600

Mana points: 475/475

------------------------------

Attributes:

Strength – 30

Dexterity – 32

Agility: 35

Intelligence – 37

Wisdom – 29

Charisma – 22

---------------------------------

Skills: None

Affinity: Lightning, Ward, Time-space magic.

-----------------------------------

System points: 20

Attribute points: 0

Equipment: Poor sword

Bloodline: Sealed

Passive Skills: Loved by mana, Hardened Skin, Mark of strength

Looking at my stats, I nodded my head in satisfaction. The average stats for a player was 15 but I had double the amount. That was probably the information the system could pull from my body.

I also saw that I had 20 system points so I opened the system shop to see what I could buy with it. Inside the shop, were things like weapons, spells, skills and potions. These were all player-made items or system-generated items. I expected to see that but what I didn't expect was the segment named, "Domain." I clicked on it then my underground domain was displayed on a 3D map. There was a red dot on the map and that was where I was.

According to the white writing, I was in the King's chambers. So this was my room. There were other rooms in this underground Domain. It was the Dining Room and the treasury. Deeper below was a small residential place, however, they were all empty. I knew because there was a section that showed how many minions I had and it said 0.

It was quite comical. I'm a demon lord but I had no subjects. After looking at my domain, I looked at what I could buy in this section. Then I saw I could either upgrade certain rooms or buy new rooms. So if I didn't like my cheap room, I could use system points to upgrade it. The same with all the other buildings, if my treasury was full I could upgrade it or buy an extra one.

I looked at the buildings I could buy: it was an imp barracks, a small scale farm and a research lab. The cost of the imp barracks was 50 system points. The farm was 15 system points; lastly, the research lab's cost was 75 system points.

Two of the items were far more expensive than I could afford. Thus if I wanted to expand my domain, I had to get system points. The only way to get system points was to fight. Since my class was a combat class.

When I realised that, I decided to go outside to fight. Staying inside as a caged rat had never been my style. However, at the same time, I wasn't an idiot. If I left this place looking like I did right now, I would get captured.

To demons, the length of their horns were equivalent to their status. Demon Lords had the longest horns then the 1st Prince and Princesses and as follows. If you gained a higher title your horns would grow to fit the title, subsequently if you lost a title your horns would shrink to your new level of status.

My horns are huge, I'll definitely be identified as a Demon Lord. Therefore I need to shrink the size of my horns. As someone who had often "tested" the games for bugs, I knew that all you needed to do was will it to shrink and it would. You could even make them disappear if you wanted them too. But I wasn't looking to make myself a eunuch.

Once I had my plan in mind, I walked to my dresser and opened the cupboard. Inside was a mirror. I looked at my reflection and I got to say, I looked good. My long hair changed from black to white which is quite ironic considering, I've become a demon. Also, all my tattoos had been erased so my skin was completely clear. And yes, I had tattoos. In 2276 tattoos weren't associated with the Yakuza anymore. In fact, it was common for Japanese people to have tattoos. My mother had a sakura tattooed on her ribs. This was the symbol for her house, the Minamotos.

Anyway, aside from my horns and crimson eyes, I had no other demonic traits. If I changed my eyes back to their original green and shrunk my horns completely, I'd look human.

However, I didn't want to look human in a land full of demons. Although as of now there were no wars or hate between races. That could easily change. Since the players were in charge of their respective Kingdoms. A King could decide to start a war on a neighbouring kingdom anytime he/she wanted to, granted their players and NPC's wanted to participate in the war. Something like that was bound to happen sooner or later. Greed is and has always been the driving point of most species. I'm the same.

Anyway, once accepted my appearance, I decided to shrink my horns. To do that required the manipulation of mana. So I closed my eyes and focused on myself. I erased every thought that wasn't related to mana then I felt the mana deep inside me. My mana was somewhere around my solar plexus. It was a very warm feeling that pulsated through my body. Then I drew the mana to my horns and willed for them to shrink and they did. I looked into the mirror and I had 7 cm brown horns that tapered. The tip of the horn was black.

My eyes were still crimson, I could change them back to their natural green but I liked my eyes this colour.

Now that I had fixed that slight issue, I could go outside and fight the beasts to level up.

I opened my shop then looked at the skills available to me. Since my affinities were time-space magic, ward and lightning magic. All my moves were within that genre.

I scoured ....the pages looking for a lightning-related movement skill. I've always loved lightning for its speed. I looked around and eventually found one that was cheap and good enough to buy. The move was called, <Lightning step>

[Cost: 10 points

Name: <Lightning Step>

Tier: 2

Description: Increases your movement speed by 20%.

Mana consumption: 50/activation

Duration: One Minute ]

Then I looked for offensive moves.

[Cost: 10 Points

Name: <Lightning Palm>

Tier: 1

Description: Deal 20% more damage than your base attack. Deals 20% more internal damage than your base attack. Stun rate 5%. Crit rate 2%.

Mana consumption: 50/activation]

[Cost: 5 Points

Name: <Lightning Aura>

Tier 2:

Description: Increase the coated objects piercing power by 20%. Speed increases by 20%.

Mana consumption: 70/activation

Duration: One minute]

[Cost: 10 Points

Name: <Thunderbolt>

Level: 2

Description: The ability to hurl lightning bolts. Stun rate 15%. Crit rate 7%.

Mana consumption: 60 mana/activation]

<Lightning palm> and <Thunderbolt> intrigued me. However, <Lightning Palm> was noticeably better than <Thunderbolt>.

I only had 10 points left thus I took, <Lightning Palm> it did internal damage after all. I could find that useful when fighting a creature with a tough exoskeleton.

After deciding, I put the skills into the shopping cart then I clicked buy.

[Are you sure you want to spend 20 System Points to buy <Lightning Palm> and <Lightning Step>?]

[Yes] - [No]

Without a doubt in my mind, I clicked [Yes] and then a golden light shone around me as I suddenly knew how to use the skills. After I learned the skills, I clicked on my domain and looked for the exit.

According to the 3D map, the exit was being concealed by ward magic and in order to get out again. All I had to do was walk to the exit and stairs will appear which will take me back to the surface. So I did just that, I walked to the surface and when the ward recognised me I got a prompt.

[Do you want to exit your domain?]

[Yes] - [No]

31