Chapter 6: Curiosity killed the cat (1)
784 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wasn't worried about getting lost because if I clicked on [Domain] it would show me how to get back home.

With that in mind, I proceeded forward: my sword still in my right hand and my left-hand open. As I walked, I heard the birds chirping cheerfully, the sound of deep, frenzied roars in the distance and swords clanging against a hard surface.

Wait, swords clanging against a hard surface…? I wondered what it was, were people laboriously training? Was there a brutal battle going on that I didn't know about? My mind drifted as I thought of all the endless possibilities. However, if there was one thing I was sure about, it was that I was curious.

Leaning into my curiosity, I decided to find the source of this disturbance. I have to admit this wasn't the smartest decision. Yet, I made it. Sometimes, I can be really impulsive, but that's the beauty of me.

I continued to track the sound of the fight and as I did the deep belly roars got louder. Mixed between the roars was the sound of players attentively shouting commands. As I got closer, the commands got clearer. From the tone of their voices, I could tell they were in a detrimental situation, yet not life-threating.

I assumed that this had to be a party and they were fighting some beast. This piqued my inquisitive mind even more as and my rapacity for points soared. As I got closer, I could finally make out what they were saying.

"Tristan, dodge the fucking breath attacks! You are not invincible, sheesh!" A player said.

I laughed at how vexed the voice sounded. It reminded me of how I was when I was talking to Sid. That guy never listened to a word I said. It pissed me off so much! Coming to think of it, I wonder if he fixed the bug I told him to fix…

Oh well, that's a thought for another day. What was in front of me needed my full attention. In front of me was a treeless, circular plane with a diameter of ten meters. At the centre, was a massive female black lion. Its sturdy, sinewy shoulders stood two meters above the ground. The lion had three golden yellow eyes with a black slit for a pupil; the third eye was in the middle of its forehead, next to its upright, tapering, 30 cm, black horns. Its teeth were sharp and black making its mouth look like the abyss. The claws of the lion were long and white as if they were made just to tear through meat. I definitely didn't want to be cut by this creature.

I looked at the name on top of it and it was a Lv.10 Abyss Lion (Boss). Then I looked at the players that were fighting it. They looked quite experienced except for the one idiot that thought he was playing as a tank. He barely dodged the attacks of the lion. Honestly, he was so bad an AFK player could beat him.

When they saw me just watching them, the red-skinned tiefling who was also the leader called out to me, "Yoh bro! Please help us, we will split the rewards with you fairly!"

However, I never replied to him, I just watched the fight. I was contemplating whether I wanted to fight or not. Although, I was greedy for points and the rewards that I could gain, I wasn't greedy to die.

Looking at the beast, they seemed to have done quite some damage to it. It was bleeding from multiple areas, which was good. If I was going to take this beast on I wanted to gain the last attack bonus. This would grant me all the Exp and system points because I wasn't in a party and they were. They would still get rewards but it would only be assist points and Exp for helping me kill the creature. You gained 30% of what the killer gained.

However, if I joined the party the Exp and system points would be shared equally or how the leader splits it in the settings. Any change in contribution distribution was broadcasted to all party members. The rewards, however, would go to the leader of the group and then he would be able to deal it out as he pleased. Or if he wanted, he could simply take it all for himself.

I looked at the teamwork of the yellow, red and blue tiefling, at how they were fighting the creature. By the looks of things, they were barely holding on. The fight was in a stalemate. The one with the most stamina was sure to win and it was clear that would be the lion.

Piecing all this information together, I decided to step in. While they kept the lion busy, I would reap it and all the points for my- *cough, cough*. I would lend a helping hand to my fellow demons.

With my plan in motion, I activated <Lightning Step> and ran in. When the leader saw me move in, he smiled, "Thank you for the help, we would have surely died and lost 2 levels." Then he smirked surreptitiously.

I didn't reply instead, I charged straight at the lion that was busy fending the attacks of the yellow tiefling in the front. Once I was at the back of the wolf, I activated <Lightning Aura> and coated my sword with lightning. This increased the speed of my slash by 20% and increased the piercing power by 20%.

With the buffs active, I thrust my sword into its flesh. With much effort, it went all the way in. Then I tried to retract my weapon but her muscular meat was squeezing my sword tightly, which made it hard for me to pull out. However, I eventually did with a satisfied expression as the juices gushed out of her.

The lion moaned in response then jumped back and growled at me. Now I was the target of its attention. I looked at the lion and shook my head, "Are you not satisfied? Do you want more? You're quite the masochist aren't you?"

As if responding to my words, she peered her golden eyes on me then roared a deafening roar as black sound waves shot out her mouth and came towards me. However, with my <Lightning Step> still active it was nothing for me.

I simply moved myself to the right and out of its path. I didn't want to get blown to bits by the lion. With that, the attack blew past me and into sweet nothingness.

"I at least want to know your name before I let you blow me." I teased the lion in a sing-song tone. Then I charged in again, this time it was ready and bit at me with its long black teeth.

Its teeth managed to sink into my right shoulder and ripped some of my flesh away. Due to my wound blood dripped heavily down my arm.

The lion had managed to hurt me but I had dodged the most of the attack. Then I activated<Lightning Palm> right under the belly of the beast. This was where all its organs were so this would gain the best result. When I felt the warm fur I released my lightning into the lion. This caused the lion to be shot back two meters. However, it never flew it merely dragged its feet back with its claws in the ground. Then it looked at me and sneered as if my move never damaged it all.

Even if it didn't, the move created space between me and her. This was what I wanted. I've always hated it when girls used their teeth.

30