Chapter 9: Create, Explore, Expand (2)
705 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once I was inside, I smiled, although the door was fancy, the inside was not; it looked like it had just been dug out. No cement walls or structures just rocks. Although the room was spacious, there was only one thing in it. It was a small hut-like structure at the end of the room. The hut was painted red in a watery colour. I call it a hut, but it looked more like a dog kennel. However, you couldn't see what was on the inside of it.

I walked to the hut and placed my hand on it.

[Do you wish to use this barracks?]

[Yes]- [No]

Ah, [Yes]! There was nothing I wanted to do more!

Once I clicked [Yes], a blue screen popped up, on it was an imp.

It was twirling around like it was in a microwave. The skin of the imp was black, rough and tight. Its eyes were narrow, close-set and black. The imp's teeth were sharp and it had long pointy ears. Its head was the shape of an American football but a lot thicker. It stood 140cm short.

[This is the basic imp, it costs 20 system points to create one. Production duration is 10 seconds. If you want, you can modify the imp however, amplifications will subsequently increase the price of the imp as well as creation duration.]

When I heard I could modify the imp, I excitedly clicked on the custom imp. Then the imp stopped spinning and looked straight at me as the parameters appeared.

Cost: 20

Name: (Fill-in)

Title: Servant of The Fifth Demon Lord

Level 1: (0/500) 

Class: No class 

Health points: 200/200

Mana points: 100/100

------------------------------

Attributes:

Strength – 5

Dexterity –7

Agility: 6

Intelligence –10

Wisdom –10

Charisma – -5

---------------------------------

Skills: Transparency, retreat

-----------------------------------

Bloodline: (Creator's bloodline sealed)

Looking at its basic attributes, I saw they were appalling. This was a very killable creature, basically cannon fodder. However, I wanted to know how much I could play with the creature and how I could make it better. 

So I clicked on [Strength] and raised its stats from 5 to 10. I wanted to go further, but that was the cap.

[If you want to create a stronger imp, please research in the lab]

Also adding 5 stats to strength increased the price of the imp from 20 to 25. I then clicked on [Dexterity] and increased its stats from 7-10, increasing the total cost from 25- 28. Therefore, I concluded that each stat costs one system point. I thought that was a fair price.

Lastly, I upgraded, [Agility] from 6- 10. The imp did not need an increase in charisma, so I left that as it was.

Then I moved down to skills, and I saw that I could only put two skills on to the imp. To be able to add more, I had to do research. I looked at the list of skills it had; hardly any of them were combat focused. Also, since the imp had no affinity, it was just normal moves like slash, bite, retreat, transparency etc. In order for it to gain an affinity I had to do research as well.

Obviously, it was because this imp was meant for espionage or exploration. Nonetheless, it was still pretty cool to build an imp. Even though as of yet, I couldn't change its height or any other physical features.

Yet, I did let my mind wander for a bit. Like what I could do in the distant future. Could I create stronger demons like more humanoid shaped ones with powerful magic? Maybe even chimaera's with multiple genes from other demon races. Honestly, I have no idea how long it's going to take me to get there or if it was possible. However, it was still cool to think of about it.

After thinking about the future, I clicked create. I bought two improved imps for 64 system points. It would take 1 minute to create both of them. As I waited, the hut glowed red and was rattling about like there was an earthquake.

Then after thirty seconds, an imp came out of the hut and waited in line. After another thirty seconds, the last one came out refined. They were the new design, it was time to shine. They looked confident and unbenign, I smiled like the world was mine.

When they saw me, they saluted, "What do you want from us boss?"

Hearing them calling me boss felt weird. I was used to it at work, but this was a game. It kinda felt like I was bringing my work into the game. Nonetheless, I couldn't let them call me by name, so I would just get used to it.

Then my smile changed to that of a fatherly smile. They were my first creation.

"You're both equipped to spy. Therefore that's what I want you to do. I want one of you to explore the east, the other the west. I want to know of any civilizations nearby. I'm reiterating that your job is just to spy if you feel that conflict is on the way retreat. You of more value to me alive than the information you can bring me. However, if along the way you see weak bunnies or other creatures kill them and level up. Just watch out for goblins and don't get greedy, understood?"

I release I could have said this more succinctly, but my excitement got the best of me. I said whatever came to mind, yet, it seemed to work.

"Yes, boss! We fulfil our duties to the best of our abilities!"

"Good," Then I let them go.

I had created, now to explore than expand and conquer. I'll take what's mine and take some more, it rains, it pours.

Then I got a prompt.

[Two of your minions want to leave. Do you accept?]

[Yes]- [No]

I clicked [Yes] and off they went, into the dead of the night.

Once I had explored the depths of the domain builder, I decided to check the chat. Specifically, the chats meant for demons. I wanted to know what the world made of the appearance of the fifth demon lord. Was there a capture list? Or are Demon Lords offering an alliance to the one who comes forward as the demon lord?

I opened the chat and there it was in all its glory. It was a picture with a question mark, drawn in the old west style.

The name was The Fifth Demon Lord and there was a price over its head. An exorbitant amount of 10000 system points if you had information that proved pertinent to my capture and a staggering 20000 if you were able to capture and detain me yourself. This was a demand obviously made by another king because at the moment, no normal player had that amount of system points to throw around hence why the prize was so enticing…  These Kings inherited the entire wealth of a kingdom while getting taxes paid to them. While I on the other had had to build my wealth up from scratch.

Nonetheless, someone was willing to pay so much to have my identity exposed. That was a scary thought thus I needed to make sure this place remained undetected. To do that, I would have to get more system points and have scouts on points; this way opening my domain wouldn't be a guessing game.

However, I'd do that after I had found something to eat. The insatiable hunger I was feeling was real this meant that my actual body was hungry and not my game character. If I didn’t log out soon, I would get booted from the game. This was a safety precaution that we installed in all virtual reality dive machines.

26