Chapter 12: Something Epic (1)
583 8 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Yes mom, is that anyway you should be talking to your mother?” She said with scowl on her face. 

“I’m sorry mom, I was just busy with something and you caught me at the wrong time.”

“Apology accepted, so have you found yourself a Japanese girlfriend yet? There are many beautiful girls to choose from.” 

“ No, I haven’t mom, I’ve been so busy with work and stuff I haven’t had time for commitment.” 'Truth is I’m not exactly dating material here in Japan, well half of me isn’t. I’m good for a good time not a long time.

“Aah, I see then what about that Ayumi girl at your work, I heard from a friend of a friend that she has a crush on you. She’s beautiful, comes from a nice family and since you work together you can see each other often.”

‘What! Ayumi has a crush on me, no ways, if she does she has a funny way of showing it. Always pestering me, judging me for everything I do saying I could do better, telling me that I looked uglier than yesterday when I don’t wear my hair in a specific way. Yeah, I don’t know where mom got her information from but they are definitely wrong. Besides we don’t work together anymore after the whole thing, the company was sold and its employees laid off..

“ No mom, Ayumi and I won’t work. Anyway, why did you really call me?”

“Uh, you knew…”

“ I did,” I said nodding my head.

“Well then I won’t beat around the bush anymore. My family reached out to me, they are starting to expand their influence into the New World and want you to be the leader of the excavation team…”

Hearing this, I paused for a while as a quiet anger built up inside of me, “Was it your father that called or some lackey?”

“Puppy, you know he would never do that…”

I knew that but a small part of me hoped he would, “ Well, what do you think I should do mom?”

“ That’s up to you, I’m just passing on the message.”

“Thanks for that mom, but tell them I want nothing to do with them just like they wanted nothing to do with me for my whole life.”

 “Good! I almost thought you were going to accept their offer.”

“No, I’m not stupid they only want their bastard now because he was a developer of a world similar to the New World thus they think I have information that could propel them further faster.”

“And do you have information…?”

I remained silent for a few seconds until my mother replied, “You know what, don’t tell me. We can talk when your dad and I come visit.”

“O yeah, when is that again.”

“ We will be there on August the 13th.” 

“Okay see you then, love you mom.”

“Love you too Puppy,” She hung up. I exited the call and went to the calendar. I wanted to put a reminder up so that I could prepare for their arrival. 

I looked at today’s date, August the 12th 18:45, immediately my heart started pounding. If what I was seeing was correct that meant my parents were coming tomorrow! Immediately I ripped away the white blanket on my bed and darted to my living room. I wanted to see how the place looked, whether it was clean enough to pass my mother’s inspection that was sure to follow the moment she arrived. Had it not, she would definitely tell me that I should stop playing around and find a girlfriend. My mother was raised in an old fashioned household so no matter how she tried to deny it, she was quite old fashioned herself.

Once I saw everything was in order, I heaved a sigh of relief. Now I could go back to the New World just to see what was going on. Since it was night here, it should be night there too; time flowed at a 1:1 ratio. 

I called out [Settings], immediately a blue screen appeared before me; I navigated myself to [Log In]. Once I clicked it, a purple magic circle appeared underneath me and I was submerged in a white light. 

When I came to, I was in the [King’s Chamber],  again I sighed as I looked at its appearance lit up by torchlight, however, continuous knocks on my door pulled me from my bad mood! 

My heart palpated, ‘Have I already been discovered?’ 

“My Lord it’s us your faithful servants, we have information we thought you would want to know.”

I emptied my lungs in relief then I shook my body and prepared myself. I needed to look as Kingly as possible,  it had been a whole month since I last saw my Imps, I needed to keep them thinking highly of me. As such, I increased the size of my horns to their original length. I can only make them as big as they were originally, similarly, someone with smaller horns could shrink them but couldn’t increase there size without attaining the relevant position.

Once I thought I looked presentable, I walked to the door and placed my hand on the door handle. I pushed the handle down by 90 degrees then I pushed forward with much force as my door opened with a loud long creek.

Once it was wide open, I saw my 140 cm black Imps, they were now level 10 and had a gold star above their heads. 

They looked at me with reverence as tears welled up in their eyes, “My Lord we thought you would never return! We have been doing what you instructed hoping that you would make your way back here.”

I never said anything, I just looked at them, in this moment I adopted a leadership style much similar to my Grandfather from the stories my mother had told me. His words were those in charge didn’t have to explain themselves to those below them. It annoyed me when I realized what I had done, however, it was to late to change that now. 

Seeing my silence one of the Imps coughed, “Well then the information we have-“

I cut him off mid sentence, “Let’s move this conversation to the dining hall.”

I didn’t think that the passage way was an appropriate place for the information that was about to be divulged. I preferred to have this information revealed in a place like a Throne Room but that was a building I hadn’t unlocked yet or something, I had no idea how the system for this worked yet.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

The Imp’s and I walked down the passage way in silence. Once we reached the door for the dining room I opened it and walked in, they followed shortly.

The dining room was a simple room, the walls were made out of uncarved rocks, the lights were luminescent plants hanging from the ceiling. Inside the room was one long, square, dark-brown wooden table that could seat 16 people, well in this case demons.

 I took a seat at the head of the table. My seat had a wider and longer back rest than all the others this was a another fact that I had enjoyed about this room. 

Anyway the Imps found themselves seats too, one on the left and right of me. Once they were settled I interlocked my fingers above the table and said, “You have my attention.”

The Imp straightened its back, “ Your Faithfull Imp reporting to you. Over the past month we have observed several things. First, there are a few informal demon settlements in the vicinity. They make a living by robbing people that pass by them. If the lord plans to expand above they will surely make their presence known as they have divided the land into sections as to not antagonize each other. 

There is a town full of demons just north of 50 km from here if my Lord seeks fellowship or concubines to gratify himself. 

Then there was one suspicious red tielfling roaming around the area everyday looking for we don’t know what. After a week, he stopped looking and we haven’t seen him since. No other suspicious behaviour to report nor any other information my Lord. 

Hearing the detailed report, I smiled, “You have done well.” 

I stood up as I wanted to pat their heads, as I placed my hand on the right Imp’s head I got a notification.

[Imps has reached Level 10. Conditions for Evolution met, please choose this Imp’s race. (Until this is complete the level of this Imp will be capped.]

[Imp has reached Level 10. Conditions for Class up met, please choose this Imp’s class. Until this is complete the level of this Imp will be capped.]

Thank you reading! Your support is always appreciated.

29