Chapter 14- Disclosure
575 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This next morning, I woke up on my bed in the [King’s Chamber]. I opened my mouth wide letting air escape my lungs as my arms stretched upwards and then downwards in opposite directions. It took me a whole five seconds before I decided to climb out of bed and so I did but very slowly.

Once I was out and standing upright I lifted my left hand to my eyes and rubbed them back and forth until the crust left. I then called out to the [System] and a blue screen appeared before me, I found my way to [Log out] and clicked on it. Immediately, a purple magic circle appeared underneath me and I was submerged into a white light, when I came to I was standing in my TV lounge, the exact same place where I was transported to the New World.

It was now 8:00 in the morning, my parents said they would be here by 9:00. As such, I had time to make breakfast. I walked to the kitchen, took out the ingredients from the fridge and made myself food. Once I had finished eating, I placed the dishes in the washer and waited for it to be done so I could pack them away.

However, I heard a knock on the door before the allotted time, it was only 8:20 so I walked to my door with furrowed brows. I wondered who it was, my parents were never this early, early but not like this.
Without delay, I opened the door to see a beautiful young adult standing there. She had a sharp oval face and fair skin. Her eyebrows were curved, lashes were long and her lips were sultry. She stood 178 cm tall looking at me with her deep blue eyes and her shoulder length jet black hair.

I almost melted in that moment, but that was largely due to her attire. She was wearing a black work skirt and white button up shirt. I don’t know what it was about this combination, but it just worked for me, it always had.

Seeing the girl, I gave a rather charming smile, “How can I help you?”

She noticed the cause for my smile and returned one with the same reason. She then walked straight past me and into my house. This took me by surprise, I was all for her knowing what she wanted but wasn’t this a little to forward and a little to soon…

I furrowed my brows as I turned around to see what she was doing inside my house. She walked to my TV lounge and sat on the couch. Once she was there she tapped it with her right hand indicating that I should join her there.

I looked at the door contemplating whether I should leave it open or close it. I decided to leave it open, this was rather strange.

Once I got to my couch, I sat down and met my green eyes with her blue “ So, how can I help you? You’re awfully comfortable in my house?”

She nodded her head up and down, “Yes, I’m Yumiko Suguwara your grandfather sent me over.” She took out a black file from the storage ring on her right finger and from it some papers, “Here, you should read these. I’m not sure if your mother gave you all the details on the benefits and money you will receive if you join us. You could have it all, money and power. People would kill for the opportunity we giving y-.”

I didn’t even feel tempted to look at it. As far as I was concerned they could offer me the entire world and I’d still say no, they were 23 years to late! I looked at her as my charming demeanour switched to an aura of contempt. My eyes fluctuated annoyance, when she saw this she halted her grand speech.

“ I see you want to play hardball, I like that. She took out a pen and paper, “Here write a number, think of it a signing bonus. Everyone has a price they are willing to abandon their pride for.”

Still I didn’t budge my eyes still filled with disdain which didn’t go unnoticed, again she tried, “If it’s not money, not power, is it me that you want?”

My mouth curved in an unnatural form, “ Please don’t flatter yourself. As a matter of fact please get out of my house! Tell that man that no matter what he offers, I’m not coming not after what he did to me, my mom and my dad! Please go and don’t come back.” I said standing up and pointing towards the door with my right index finger.

Once Yumiko saw this could no longer be resolved peacefully a white light flashed and standing in front of me was a demon, a succubus to be exact. I laughed, at her display of force and awakened in return, simultaneously, I shrunk my horns down again.

Once she saw my demon form she laughed, “You truly are a Minamoto with a form like that, come join u-”

She stopped halfway when two flashes of light banged out in the room. I turned my attention to the source, maybe she had more lackeys and they were going to try and kidnap me, for that I had to be ready.

Once the light subsided, I saw it was my mother and father, they had finally arrived. My mother disappeared from her spot and in an instant appeared next to me. She was so fast that even with all my experience, I couldn’t track.

My mother released her aura as a dark purple fire surrounded her, she focused her attention on the unwanted guest with eyes that could thaw the coldest of hearts, “ Leave now, or I will make you!”

My Father stood in the distance not interrupting with a small smirk on his face leaving it entirely up to my mom. However, when he saw that Yumiko wasn’t listening he unfolded his arms getting ready to jump in.

When she saw this, she lifted both hands up and left.

Once Yumiko was gone, my mother held my shoulder, “ Are you okay?”

I shrugged her hand off, “I’m fine mom but thanks though.”

My father joined the fray with his hands crossed and laughed, “You see how badass your mom is? You don’t want to get on her bad side.” He continued to laugh while eyeing her.

My mother gave him a playful glance as a smile she couldn’t hide completely showed itself.

Once everything was settled my mother Rai Inkosi looked at me seriously, “Was that someone from my father’s?”

I nodded my head, “I’m not completely sure she was actually going to use force but its good you guys came in time. By the way, I had no idea you guys had entered the New World! And you are so strong, I could hardly keep up with mom’s movements.”

My mother smiled, “When we heard about it, we uprooted our lives and took part of that world.”

“What about your construction business father and your job mother?”

“Your father sold his business, you know that it was never going to get bigger than it was. Every time we try to expand something goes wrong. My father is obstinate that way, using his power he has kept us down all the time. However, in that world the roads are clear. We are free to do as we please.”

I smiled, my parents have had the odds stacked against them since the beginning.

-------
Seeing my son smile like this is what any mother wants for their child. No parents wants their decisions looming over their child but sometimes that is exactly what happens.

I used to be a Geneticist for Minamoto Industries my father’s company. As the oldest, I did whatever my father wanted of me, whenever he wanted of me. I went to school where he wanted me to, I studied what he wanted me to, I just wanted him to be proud of me.

However, trying your best for someone everyday for years and not getting as much as a thank you is not easy. One morning I just couldn’t deal with it anymore, I needed some space so I stormed out of the lab and into the streets. I was in such a rush to go anywhere that I didn’t look where I was going and bumped into a man in the busy streets of Tokyo. He immediately apologized even though it was my fault, as I looked into his pure eyes, the hairs on my neck raised. My reaction struck me because he was far from my type.

Anyway, blushing I apologised back since I was actually the problem, he accepted it but he wanted my number in return. I laughed and gave it to him. Was it any other day, I would have said no, but in that moment I decided to do something rebellious, something for myself, for the way he looked at me, how could that ever be wrong?

Anyway, a few days later he called me and we started going out and just like before I loved his company. He was straightforward and pure, the complete opposite of my family. Before I knew it I had fallen for him, hard! I He gave me a sense of worth that I hadn’t found in myself. He let me be me, the real me, the me I hadn’t shown anyone. Because of that I just wanted to be around him, I began skipping out on certain family things, always making excuses just to see him, life was great.

Then life wasn’t. My father eventually found out that I had divided interests and he didn’t approve. He didn’t approve firstly because it was not a husband that he chose to further the power of the family. He didn’t approve because my husband didn’t come from a wealthy family like ourselves. And of course he didn’t approve because he was not Japanese.

That day, my father banned me from seeing him and if I didn’t I would be exiled from the family. I loved Shaun, there was no way I was going to do that. It took me a while to know who I loved more but once I knew, I knew. That same day, I called Shaun and told him about my decision. He came and picked me up and that was that. If they couldn’t’ accept him, my better half, they couldn’t have me.

Years later when we had a child we sent word to them, we thought that despite all that happened new life could mend some of the things that were done but they never got in touch. It was then that I had completely written them off yet here they are…

-------
I looked at my mom, she was doing that smile she always does that says I’m alright but if you really looked deep into her eyes, you could see she is not… I saw it, but I decided not to touch on the subject.
For a good minute the room was filled with awkward silence until my mother broke the ice, “So you have been to the New World too, look at you, we are of the same race.”

I laughed, “Yes, I’ve been there not much so I’m not as strong as you. I saw you using your aura and all that. Anyway what do you do there?”

“Your father and I do odd jobs all around Kelthuzad from subjugations to dungeons etcetera. We then sell off all the valuables. Just the other day we sold a set of gear for 60000 credits. What about you, what do you do?”

“I’m still at the humble beginning, I’ve got a small business that I’m growing at the moment, I only have two employees. Actually, I wanted to talk to you about it.” I walked to the door that was still open and closed it then I walked back to my parents, “You see in I could actually use your help. Mother I have a research lab that could use your expertise, it would help expedite my growth. Father I have a farm underground and a lot of buildings that need to be built. I would need your help there too. Obviously it won’t be fulltime, you could do what you wanted to but I’d love your help.”

My mother grabbed my hand and held it in both of hers, of course we will help! This could be our family business. But what is this business actually, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Oh yeah, I left out the most important part. I’m the fifth Demon Lord!”

“You what!?” They both shouted at the same time.

 

25