Chapter 19- New recruits
540 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the end, I went with [Animal Farm]. I didn’t need to increase my military might at the moment, even if I did, I couldn’t increase my army if I couldn’t feed them .The two worked in tandem one coming before the other, at least that’s what I thought. 

Once I was done with this, my minions and I left the [Research lab] and entered the [Barracks]  previously known as the [Imp’s barracks]. The room was similar to when I last was here except for one glowing difference, the barracks that was plain now had a lava coloured paint over it. I still couldn’t see what was inside of it but that didn’t matter. 

I walked to the kennel, ah, I mean the barracks and touched it. Again a blue screen appeared before my visage. On the screen were two images, one was the Imp and the other was the Ija. On the top right of the screen there were white numbers [3/10]. This meant that I only had seven troop space left; I had to choose wisely. 

I scratched my scalp with my nails as I thought of ways to use the troop space to best suite my current needs. The fact was that I needed Imps to patrol my border so that opening up wouldn’t be a guessing game. I couldn’t use [ Electro location] inside my domain to see what was on the outside. This was confirmed when I used it above my [Domain], the image I got back from my lightning that travelled underground was black! Furthermore, even I could, it wasn’t wise, [ Electro Location] used an absurd amount of mana.  

I also wanted to create my first Ija, maybe if I was lucky I could gain another Epic evolution and evolve it into the next demon. Thus I decided to I would create 2 Ijas and three Imps. Immediately, I clicked on the screen of the Ija. Once I did, another screen popped up and on it was the Ija twirling about as if it was on display. 

I clicked on the Ija then added 5 AP to all stats. If I wanted to do more I had to research [AP boost (1)]. 

Cost: 95

Name: (Fill-in)

Title: Servant of The Fifth Demon Lord

Level 1: (0/500) 

Class: No class 

Health points: 300/400

Mana points: 200/200

------------------------------

Attributes:

Strength – 13

Dexterity – 12

Agility: 14

Intelligence –11

Wisdom –13

Charisma – -7

---------------------------------

Skills: Slash, Sprint, 

-----------------------------------

Bloodline: (Creator's bloodline sealed)

Once that was done, I created two of the improved Ijas for a total of 190 system points. It would take a total of two minutes for them both to be completed, so I moved onto the next- the Imps. I clicked on the picture and was met with the Imps settings. Just like before, I added AP to the relevant attributes, however, this time I added 10. I could since I had completed, [AP boost (1)] on the Imp. Once you added the 6th AP it cost 2 system points per AP instead of one. Once that was done, I created three of them for a total of 285 System Points. I won’t lie, I almost choked on air when I saw the price, but convinced myself it was for a good cause. I wanted my guards to be as competent as they could be at the moment. 

The Imps and all their modifications would take a total of 2 minutes to create too. I waited very patiently for them, ag who I am I kidding, if I could break open the barracks just to get them out sooner, I would have. Luckily, I didn’t have to do that because in the next moment, it was there. One beautiful glowing specimen straight out of the box.  

As time continued to flow another popped up raising my excitement until they were all there so one of the Ijas spoke, “ We are your humble servants, how can we serve you?”

I nodded head, “Rise my vassals.”

They stood up then I said, “I your Lord have big plans so I’m going to need maximum effort from you. Do these things for me and I promise I will bring you wealth, fame or whatever you desire.”

The new recruits eyes shone with excitement. Shortly after the commotion died down, I spoke, “These two will be your seniors. Kage over here will be the head of the new information’s squad. Zar here will be the head of the Ija squad.”

They nodded their heads, “Zar, Kage, explain to them what is expected of them then meet me in the dining room with all the recruits.”

I walked out of the building and into the [King’s Chamber]. Once I was in, I accessed my system. Now that I had a lot of SP I could buy appropriate gear for my head of squads.

If I had the [Utility barracks] I could have tasked a tailor to make one or a blacksmith to make me a weapon but since I chose [Animal farm], I couldn’t do that yet.  

Aside from that, I had other things to check such as skills, active to be specific. Oh and of course now that I had reached level 30, my body was strong enough to start my secret bloodline strengthening method. If I followed it, by the time I hit level 50 and had the ability to awaken it, it would be purer.

Anyway, I looked at the list of armour and found the perfect sets for my heads. Kage’s was a set made of black light armour, a black dagger and black boots. When wore together the rare equipment added +5 to Agility, Dexterity and +3 to Strength. 

The one for Zar was more armour like in the traditional sense and would cover his whole body. It was made from the body of a Lv 20 lava elemental, thus glowed like lava as well. His weapon would be the halberd, it provided a longer range which he would need to make multi kills. Yet, if he chose to, he could fight close range as well. This set was also of rare quality and added +5 to Dexterity, Strength and +5 to Agility. All together it cost, 450 System Points.    

Once that was done, I opened the tab for skills. My skills weren’t exactly weak but now that I was level 30, I had access to stronger skills. I browsed through the active list and saw a lot of skills similar to the ones I had. There were also completely new ones, I hadn’t seen before. 

[Name: <Occipital Overdrive>

Tier: 3

Description: Increase your perception by 40%.

Mana consumption: 300/activation

Duration: Two minutes]

Duration: One Minute ]

[Cost: 10 points

Name: <Stunner bolt>

Tier: 3

Description: Hurl a bolt of lightning at your opponent once hit there is a 75% chance your target will be stunned for 1-3 seconds and does 30% more damage than your base attack. Stun duration, dependant on accuracy and mastery of the skill.  

Mana consumption: 250/activation

Duration: One Minute ]

[Name: <Gravity manipulation>

Tier: 4

Description: Increase or decrease the gravity of an area within your field of view.

Area of effect: 3 meter radius

Mana consumption: 500/activation

Duration: One Minute ]

All the skills were amazing, however, I only bought gravity manipulation. The other two skills were skills I could create myself without the help of the system. As such, why spend when I could get it for free.  

Once that was done, I closed the [Skills] department and navigated my way to [Herb & Spices]. I needed to buy the ingredients for the bloodline strengthening potion. I had to buy a surplus of these items because there was a 100% chance I would fail cooking the 1- 3rd batch. Luckily, I didn’t need to spend extra points on a basic alchemist’s set up. I had a Lab which was more advanced as well.

I left my room with everything I bought in my [System’s Inventory] and entered the lab. I shook my head and sighed as I thought of the troubles ahead. 


22