Chapter 21
422 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 I held the finished product in my right hand then pinched my nose shut with my index finger and thumb on my left hand. Afterwards, I downed the potion trying my best not to taste, however, it was futile, in the next moment, the taste of a rotten egg, off milk and asparagus assaulted my taste buds. I shoved my tongue back into my mouth as I tried to stop the liquid I fought so hard to make from spewing out onto the desk in front of me. 

With everything in me, I gulped down air trying to keep it down. Once I had things under control the next phase began. I felt pins and needles followed by short bursts of shooting pains in my heart. My temperature rose exponentially , as beads of sweat formulated around my body only to instantly evaporate. Yet, still my temperature continued to soar until it stopped increasing. However, I wasn’t sure if the heat had actually stopped increasing or it was that there was no hotter temperature then the one I was facing.  It felt like I was immersed in a lake of fire. If there really was a hell, I was sure this was what it would feel like. 

Steam poured out my ears as the blood in my arteries and veins got cleansed. My originally pecan coloured skin now had a rosy touch to it as the blood pumped closer to the surface.  

The worst part of this experience was that I couldn’t scream. If did my minions would come running and this was a state in which I didn’t want them to see me unless there was no other choice. I bit down on my teeth and rode the wave as my face contorted into expressions I didn’t think was humanly possible. 

The first time was the hardest because your body was still riddled with impurities. However, as I repeated this process once daily, it would get easier and easier until it wouldn’t even be a problem.

After a while, the pain subsided so with a hung head I pumped my fist into the air, I had overcome. I stretched my body out then walked out of the [Research lab] feeling lighter than ever. A cosy warmth I had never felt before surrounded me, it was as if I was being hugged and showered with love. This was a welcomed heavenly experience after the hell I went through. I continued to walk until I reached the [Dining room].

------        

I’m an Imp who was recently created. For years, millennia, I don’t know I was floating around as a spirit in an endless darkness when I saw a white light; this was something I had only seen when I came to this void, at least that’s what I think, I can’t remember anything before this darkness. I floated towards the light, once I reached my destination, I felt my spirit being pulled into the white light, but it wouldn’t take me unless I wanted it to. Having being stuck here for I don’t know how long,  I allowed it to take me; anywhere and anything was better than this. I was taken by the portal, white light thingy as my spirit felt like it was being stretched and pulled. 

Once I came too, I could see but not with spirit vision, I had actual eyes! I had a body albeit a tiny one, I had a body! That meant that I was alive, a feeling I had long forgotten overwhelmed me- joy. I grinned as I played with my new body, I kicked my legs out and flailed my arms. Everything was in order. 

By the time I was done inspecting myself, there were others that came out of the dark hole. Some looked like me and others didn’t. They too were surprised to be alive.

It was at this moment when I saw three other individuals, one looked like me but was a lot taller and darker than me. Then there was the other one that looked like the person next to me but that one looked more imposing. Then there was the tallest one in the middle, I didn’t swing that way or anything but he had a face I wouldn’t mind having. Aside from his attractive face, his horns were a sight to behold, I didn’t understand why it was so beautiful, it just was. 

I felt my forehead for my horns but there was nothing, I pursed my lips and sighed. I also wanted horns; I psyched myself up by thinking of a future where I’d be able to sport horns... 

Anyway, I retuned my attention to the tallest one, as I looked into his green eyes,  I instinctively knew that he was the reason I was alive. Gratitude washed over me as I looked at him with reverence, I wanted to cry so thankful I was but I couldn’t do that in front of everyone.

Then I heard him speak so I listened with every fibre of my being. He had a compelling aura so I hung on his every word. He told us how we were needed and how we would be rewarded for our services. I couldn’t dream of a better situation than this so I thanked him profusely. 

He humbly accepted my thanks then spoke again and left the building. Now we were with the other two who were next to him. Apparently their names are Kage and Zar, they have names since they have accomplished enough to get one.      

 My superior Sir Kage says that I will get one too when I have enough merits like he does. As I stood there, I couldn’t wait to prove just how useful I could be! I looked at my comrades standing next to me as a competitive spirit awoke in me. Seeing their eyes, I wasn’t the only who wanted to prove themselves.

Once that was done, they explained what was expected of us and showed as around the domain. There were some rooms we were told never to enter so I made a note of them. I didn’t want to ruin my chances to a mistake. The last building we visited was the dining room and it was where we had to wait for the Lord to appear. 

After a few minutes, the door opened and my Lord walked in then claimed his seat at the head of the table. Shortly after he spoke; he explained to us imps how we were responsible for collecting information as well as making sure nobody saw us entering and leaving the domain. The Ijas were the main attack force of the group. We could fight and they could collect information too, however, ultimately information was what we were tasked to collect. 

After that, my Lord handed out gear to Sir Kage and Sir Zar then thanked them for their services. He also thanked us for being willing to serve his purposes. He explained to us how he valued us above all else, even above the information we were supposed to bring. Hearing this passion to serve arose like a wild fire inside me! Luckily in the next moment, he told us we would all be heading out to fight. However, before that he opened up what he called communication channels. 

A blue screen appeared before me and I was invited to two chat groups. One was a general group where everyone was in, then there was one were it was just us Imps. Apparently, there was a group just for the Ijas as well as one for the Heads and the Lord. Here important information was to be relayed so that we were always in synch. 

Once that was done, we walked out the dining room and towards the exit of the domain as excitement washed over me. I could finally prove my worth!      

19