Chapter 22
1.3k 9 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I Raishuan Inkosi less known as the the 5th Demon Lord received a prompt to leave my domain and so I, shrunk my horns then clicked on [Yes] as a familiar scenery opened up before me. Walking up the final stairs into the forest of pantelan, I admired the moon again then waited for all my minions to exit. Once they were out, the square hole to my domain closed like it was never there in the first place.

I looked at my minions and wished them good luck on their Exp hunt. I wished them luck because I wasn’t the same level as the rest of them. The highest level was Kage at level 20 and Zar at 18 but ultimately far lower than me, as a result they couldn’t fight with me. If they fought a level 30 beast they would surely have a hard time and I’d have to cover for them the whole time. I myself needed to level up so I decided to have Zar and Kage both take their kin and level them up. 

I couldn’t reuse the <Draw Aggro> for a week because if I did, monsters stronger than me would appear. Although the skill pulled beasts within a specific level you asked for monsters of a higher level were still affected by it. Only after a week did the effects of the skills effects despite weak vanish from all living things. Thus should you cast in again the results would be unpredictable, you could end up calling a [Kobald giant lv 60 (General)]. 


Monsters of higher levels obviously had a higher level of intelligence so despite being attracted by the skill they won’t just run into a hole designed to kill them all rendering , <The pit of thousand deaths> useless. 

 Anyway, going my own way I walked through the grassy plain, the leaves of the trees waving at me as the wind bent them. I came across several beasts, however, they were not on my level so I didn’t bother with them. I’d rather leave them alive for someone who would actually benefit from killing a creature with such a low level. 

As I ventured deeper 1-2 km deeper into the verdant forest, the level of the creatures rose from 10 to 20 but never rearing above 30. I wanted to explore further within but by doing that alone wasn’t a smart idea. As I ventured deeper, the likely hood that I would bump into the non player characters that controlled this forest increased. This would be counter productive to the plans I had already set in motion so I retreated. 

I did so with a heavy heart; I wanted to level up, I had to if I planned on becoming the Lord of this forest. The leaders of the informal settlements in the forest were all lv 40-45. Their second or third in commands were around the same level as me. The same level but weaker; if I had to quantify my combat prowess, I could take on something or someone five levels higher than me. This was due to my experience, knowledge and all the various bonuses from titles etc.

Nonetheless, I couldn’t take them on myself nor could I with the help of my minions unless we levelled up. I was in quite the bind mulling over these issues as I walked home, my feet dragging through the grass. I took a different route back hoping I would find monsters but I was half way there  and still nothing. Glum, I decided to splash my face and drink water from the waterfall to clear my thoughts then I’d devise a plan to proceed forward. 

I even checked behind the waterfall and there was nothing there, no secret entrance to an undiscovered place. So I decided to leave, I coated my right foot in <Lighting Aura>  and smashed a big a rock that was beside the lake. It felt good to relieve some of my annoyance as I saw the rock crumble before my eyes.

I picked up one of the rocks and threw it into the lake as it skipped once and then flew into the waterfall. Watching it skip felt therapeutic, I couldn’t remember the last time I had skipped rocks. A child like energy overwhelmed me as I began skipping rocks into the waterfall. The annoyance I felt before flushed clean. It was then that I noticed a tiny light emitting from under the rocks. 

Immediately, I dug with my hands and removed all the rocks until there was nothing in the way of the light. What I saw before me took me surprise, it was none other than a teleportation sigil. I recognised it immediately because it was one of the sigils I’ve been dying to create. However, as a tier 6 skill, the amount of mana needed was light years above what I had.

I looked at the spell and noticed that despite it glowing, it was inactive. I stretched my body as I prepared to fix it. Although I didn’t have the mana to create one from scratch and set its destination, fixing one was something I could do. Immediately, I summoned my mana and began rearranging symbols to their correct position as well as adding a few symbols. 

Creating sigils was very much like coding, it was also a language, but the language of the world. Each symbol was a character and when you arranged these symbols accompanied by mana, you would create a task. If the symbols were correct once it was activated the task would be fulfilled.

The higher the tier, the more elements were at play meaning the language had to be more specific as a result it would take longer to complete.

I continued to rearrange the symbols as mana flew out of my body and into the sigil. After five minutes, it was almost complete. I just had to swap the triangle from the north side of the sigil with the X in the middle of it. Once I did, it was complete so I pressed the triangle and the sigil activated.

[Do you wish to be teleported to the Dungeon]

[Yes/NO]

Without hesitation, I clicked on [Yes]. Dungeons started with level one creatures and as you went deeper and deeper, the level of the beasts would increase. 

Here I finally found my method to increase my level while not having to go deeper into the forest to level up. Furthermore, once I was in, the glowing teleportation array would become one with nature. This was a feature I added to keep it a secret given that I destroyed the rock protecting it. 

Standing on the array, I disappeared with a flash of light similarly to when I entered and exited the New World. When I came too, I was standing in a hallway of what looked like an abandoned candle lit medieval castle. The coble stone walls had large circular holes in them with fissures that spread out. There were chains hanging from the ceiling with a dried dark green liquid surrounding it. 

As I walked forward, I stepped over carcasses and dried up bodies, the stench pervading my nostrils and clinged to my throat. If I hadn’t have smelled the bloodline potion earlier, I might have hurled. 

I continued forward taking note of the spider webs on the top of the archways and on the bottom of the walls. Clearly no one had been here for a while, marks of dilapidation were everywhere. I took a deep breath as one thought came to mind , ‘What kind of level one creature has the strength to do this?’

As I thought this, a cold wind blew through the hallway as a bad feeling arose in me.                           

21