Chapter 27.
549 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27.

“Stop staring at me, it’s unpleasant,” midget White said.

“Oh, so it’s a little girl?” I played dumb.

“Creep.”

I squeezed my way between Xander and DH1M then picked her up from under her arms. I removed her hood and raised her up to above eye level while scrutinizing her closely.

“What are you doing! Let me go! You want to die?”

She started flailing her arms and legs while trying to kick me, but she couldn’t reach.

“She really does resemble White. Hey DH1M, are you sure you didn’t just knock White up and she popped a child out?”

“I’ll kiww you, you bwastad defwective NPC!”

Ah. She bit her tongue while trying to break free. Honestly, I had to admit, she was actually a bit cute when she was helpless and incapable of putting up much of a fight like this.

“Her speech really takes after White. She must be her child after all. Good job dumbass hero, you did well to conquer a woman like her.”

“Hahaha. She’s really not my child though.”

“What? You’re trying to run away from taking responsibility and abandoning this innocent little child? What kind of heartless father are you?”

“I’ll kiww them both. I’ll kiww them both. I’ll kiww them both…” She stopped resisting and started quietly mumbling to herself the same line endlessly on repeat with scary eyes.

“NPC69, forget her for now, we completed the quest. We came to collect the reward.”

“Oh, the quest, right, I almost forgot.”

I spun midget White around to face away from me and continued carrying her around in my arms. I figured I’d offer to babysit since it would be a shame to let a useful babysitter for the hero die so easily. It was very likely also because I’d developed the bad hobby of bullying kids over the years.

“I’ll take care of this kid for you that way you can keep going out to level up. Anyway, here you go, the reward for your quest. It’s a legendary demon slayer sword that far surpasses the legendary dragon slayer sword I gave you before. By the way, good job on capturing Demon Lord Xander’s little brother alive.”

I pulled out my toilet brush and handed it over to the hero while congratulating them. 

“Oh, thanks… wait, what did you just call him?”

“Demon Lord Xander’s little brother.” Of course, that was the half-baked lie I came up with to give the heroes.

Xander trembled in rage, he just barely held himself together.

“What! You got me to fight a big shot like that? Does that mean I’m finally-”

“No, you still haven’t triggered the main storyline.”

“Why! What is this garbage! How the hell do you trigger this shit!” DH1M collapsed to his knees and started punching the ground in frustration.

“AHHH! Screw you! I’m not doing any more quests! Don’t even bother giving me one! I won’t do it!”

“Now, now, hero. Calm down. Trust me, you’re almost there. Just a bit more perseverance and you will be able to trigger the main storyline.”

You have to occasionally dangle the carrot in front of the horse to keep them motivated after all.

“Look here, you see that useless bag of potatoes on the ground over there? They said they would party up with you, remember? As White isn’t around, you can take GDR with you. He will help you with your next quest. I can assure you, you will love your next quest.”

“Love my next quest? What do you mean?”

“Well… you see.” I got close DH1M and whispered into his ear, “Your next quest is to slay one hundred succubi. Though… the meaning of slay is... entirely up to interpretation. You understand?” I winked at him.

“F-F-For real? That’s it? Quests like that are also a thing?” DH1M’s breathing became more pronounced as all sorts of wild thoughts ran through his head.

“Yes, a hero must have a big heart and be able to face a variety of different foes. I couldn’t give you this quest before because White was still in your party. Only a party formed of the strongest, most vigorous men with extreme levels of endurance can take on this quest. Now that White’s not around, I can finally give you this quest. I’ll also take care of your child in the meantime.” My words were like the whispers of the devil guiding the hero down the path of debauchery.

“Hehehe. Well, it can’t be helped. If it’s for a quest that only men of great caliber can take on I suppose I’ll need to face this head-on.”

“Yes, I’m sure GDR will be of great assistance to you in this quest. Just like you, he’s a mighty man who you have seen the strength of with your own eyes.”

“Certainly, with someone as strong as him, a few little succubi would amount to nothing. Completing this quest should take no time at all.”

Yes, that’s right, so please take that pain in the ass Greater Demon Retard with you.

“Then, you should make haste and be on your way.”

“Yes, sir!”

“Oh, right, leave Xander’s little brother with me. I’ll turn him over to the appropriate people.”

“Yeah, sure. Oh wait, one sec, I almost forgot.”

DH1M took out his legendary dragon slayer sword and handed it over to Xander. As soon as he received the sword from the hero, he immediately turned around and ran off at full speed.

“GDR, go catch and restrain him.”

She looked up at me from the ground without the slightest intent to perform any action that would expend energy.

I shot her a glare, ‘Are you forgetting the bet? Your body belongs to me now. If I tell you to do it, you do it.’

It seems she understood what I wanted to say from the look on my face. She lazily stood up from the ground then disappeared for a second before she reappeared.

When she got back, Xander wasn’t with her, but she took out her sword and wrote out a message on the ground, ‘Done. He’s been taken care of.’

The hero was wide-eyed in utter disbelief as he muttered to himself, “That quick? I didn’t even see a thing. Not even White… If this person’s in my party, who would dare pick a fight with me? Wait, could this person actually hold the secret to finally starting the main storyline?”

“GDR, you’ll support DH1M while White is away. You understand?” Essentially, I was telling her that she was on babysitting duty for the hero. Yes, the final boss had been tasked by me to babysit the hero. Hahaha. Wasn’t that just the perfect way to really get under her skin after she’d been nothing but a nuisance since she came to crash at my place?

Forcing her to party up with her mortal enemy. That would surely teach her for starting the Great Calamity Fingers Incident.

I could tell she was reluctant to be alone with the hero, but she had no choice in the matter. Her body was mine after that bet. She had to abide by the rules of the bet. I told her I’d soon put her body to good use, didn’t I? 

Muahahahahaha!

Ehem. Ehem.

I lost myself a bit there. It’s just that she’d driven me crazy for the last two weeks and I needed a break from being around her every single day. As of late, she’d grown noticeably bolder and slovenly in her advances too which was a pain to deal with. It was always like this. Whenever she spent too much time with me she’d revert into the state of a child who couldn’t get her way.

It’s not that I didn’t understand her. When she was younger she was never able to display her emotions. Her facial expression was designed to be unchanging. She was placed into a position of power the moment she came into existence. She never had a chance to act out the way children did. That was why she let herself go when she was around someone who she wasn’t a match for.

She’s never faced punishment for anything the way normal children do when growing up. Rather, she’s always been looked up to, feared, and heralded by demons as their god. When she’s with me, it’s a completely different experience for her. It’s like a breath of fresh air.

In all honesty, just as she’s uncertain what our relationship is, even I’m not entirely clear on how to define this peculiar relationship. I don’t think either of us will ever understand it.

22