(1) What to do in Lockdown?
186 15 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
    

Declaimer: 'In this work, I have no intension of mocking anyone's writing or infringe upon anyone's right. I will only use any story here on Scribble Hub if the author has permitted me to write by a personal mail or in a comment. No other person is entitled to provide the right to use anyone's work.

If you wish for me to handle any works as fanfiction where I use non-main character for fun. Please contact the author to allow me to do so.

Also, in the process of my take on anyone's work, I will give him the first draft of the work/ chapter for approval before Publishing here.'

(1) What to do in Lockdown?

When this world entered in the year of 2020, it was as if everyone has confused this 2020 for the short format of cricket, 20-20 IPL-cricket, introduced in INDIA, and later in other cricket-loving countries, by shrinking the many days' long-form for rapid and fast pass entertainment.

And unknown to us, this world entered a period of the turmoil of sad and unlikely events. This 2020 year was heavily defined by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has led to global social and economic disruption, mass cancellations and postponements of events, worldwide lockdowns, and the most massive economic recession since the Great Depression. Making this year a roller-coaster of a horror movie, I don't know who's entertainment since day one and for what. But One thing was for sure to everyone that COVID-19 has hijacked human life in the real world and our TV, internet, mobile... 

So, countries initially tried to stop COVID-19 in their conventional ways but to no avail. Since there was no way out left for them, they declared complete or in parts of Lockdown of their countries worldwide.

My country was also one of the countries to put a complete lockdown at a very early stage. All people around were facing problems and are still facing them...and like many, I was also one of them... I have just completed my degree with a dream of a better future. But now I was stuck in a room with no job or work prospective and had only my small-old laptop with me as mere entertainment.

One day, I was surfing the internet as usual, and then the second magic of the year 2020 happened in my life. I stumbled on the Scribble Hub website, and since then, my day-nights were the same, reading and enjoying the stories and novels by beautiful and creative minds from around the world without the border of any PayPal or login wall. Scribble Hub has hooked me!

----

My relationship with the Scribble Hub has gone beyond a simple user. I would learn and hone my English on it, and I will experience through the twisted mind of creators here about a new world, daily. Each day was like a new isekai adventure for me through these stories, even if the story's theme was not isekai.

----

But you have to accept that this body of a human is like a car. If you do not use it properly, it gets rusty and loses its functions. I was also seeing the effect of my addiction on Scribble Hub now. Sleep deprivation leads to sudden, episodic sleep seasons, and I started to see dreams of a God who claimed to be named Tony.

'I like that you love Scribble Hub very much. But you need to take care of your body too.' 

----

Assuming this to be my imagination created from all the stories I was reading, where MC meets God-Goddess at least once. Therefore, I selectively neglected it, considering this my MC-syndrome very common in immature readers. But, today, I realized that I had made the gravest mistake of my life... an error beyond redemption. Today, God Tony said, 'Since you are so adamant about not taking care of your body and only reading Scribble Hub, day-night. I curse you that you will not have any real-world body to cherish from now on and be trapped in Scribble Hub stories' world you love so much.'

And I could feel my body fading away in front of my old and small laptop. Where a force of attraction was pulling me in the open tab of the 'Scribble Hub website' on the 'Microsoft Edge browser.' I could not be more frightened and pale as white A4 sheet printer-paper and cried to God Tony, 'Ohh! God Tony! Show mercy on this pitiful being. I have nowhere to go, no work to do, only entertainment lost to COVID-19. I have no future set path as the economy is now in recession and would take 4-5 years to recover. What could I do when I have no future to forget my grievances, except for the beautiful Scribble Hub website. Have mercy on my poor soul.'

 

After realizing how hopeless this world has become unknown to him, God takes pity on me. But my body has already faded due to the effect of his curse by now. So, he said, 'I can see your plight and has been hasty in my judgment. But as your body does not exist any longer due to the curse I inflicted on you. I also see that you have truly loved this place, Scribble Hub, as your salvation. So, I shall allow you to roam in its many stories. You would get to move from your current story to another only if you managed to change the current world of the story you are in and progressed it in such a way that the author of the story, who is sad for not having able to write new chapters due to his real-world life. The readers, who still miss the old days when they used to enjoy life due to the joy of reading the new chapter and new fun it brought to them, are happy again. But there is a catch that you will not be allowed to be MC or villain in the story. Now, go and show me what you have got.'

 

----

 

Spoiler

You're a lifesaver. Literally, thanks for believing in me and reading chapter till the end.

Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated. Always feel free to point out any mistakes. Each mistake corrected will make this work closer to what perfection this deserves.

Please join my Patreon to access advanced chapters ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)!

[collapse]

 

8