Meeting Queen Katherine and Princess Violet (2)
3.6k 9 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I can't believe you fought against dwarves. Weren't they suppose to be the good guys?"

Chilling on the couch without a care in the world, Kari said a little astonished. It's been about two hours since she and Alice came into my room to hang out and this whole time, we've been talking about what could be considered my war stories.

The story I was talking about this time was the time I fought Dwarven slaves in the mountainous area on the southeastern side of the continent. We were fighting to control a rare and important mineral mine needed to produce magical weapons. As for what the mineral in question was, it was Mythril.

"Well, you must understand. Back then, Denoria had control of majority of the continent. They enslaved a lot of demi-human races, Catkin, Dogkin, Tigerkin, and in this case, Dwarves. It was either become a slave and possibly die in battle or be killed right then and there. Most chose the former."

Did I feel happy hurting people who had no choice but to fight? No. No, I didn't. 

...Thankfully and surprisingly, there weren't that many Dwarven slaves on the battlefield (maybe around 200), so I was able to take the majority down with non-lethal means. It was the least I could do considering their situation. Unfortunately, however, I came to find out later on that the reason why the dwarven slave's numbers were too few was that the rest had been killed and buried in a mass grave.

Dwarves are very prideful, they rather die than become a slave. Sigh, and sadly, that's what they did. They fought valiantly and died as heroes. The remaining dwarven slaves would've done the same but due to being subdued and having a slave collar forcefully put on them, they couldn't.

After getting the slave collars off, there were some who killed themselves in shame.

Sigh, pride can make one do stupid things.

"Of course, they also bought loyalty, offering vast sums of wealth, titles, land, you name it, they'll offer it. But the catch was that you had to be strong though. It was also because of this treacherous thought-inducing incentive that I had to fight many strong opponents. Be it humans or demi-humans, men or women."

They all died in the end anyway.

"...I find the end bits of that conversation concerning."

"The jealous intent behind those words was so blatant."

"That goes to show you how good the deal they were offering was."

Shrugging at Kari's and Alice's incredulous gazes, I simply said with a smile.

Shit, if I didn't like how Denoria was doing things, I probably would've changed teams mid-game myself. Then, at least I would've been living it up in luxury as I helped take over the world.

"Anyways, back to the topic…as for how we won the battle, it was because Polaris caused an avalanche to crush the Denorian forces. Although, it caused a huge mess. The mine was nearly lost."

Polaris, one of my party members, used [Wind Barrage], an A-rank spell to cut a piece of the mountainside off to trigger an avalanche.

"Eh? A mountain? Polaris cut a fucking mountain!? Is that even possible?"

"If you have enough mana then yeah."

The more mana one has, the bigger and stronger your spells can be. 

And Polaris had a huge mana capacity, bigger than mine. 

"However, having a big mana capacity doesn't mean jack if you don't have expert control of your magic. Polaris easily slicing off the face of that mountain also came from years and years of hard work. There were times where I even learned from him."

...Well, I tried to. His explanation usually resulted in 'I do it like this' and a complicated magic spell would be cast. I guess he is the type of genius who had things come to him so naturally that it was hard to explain.

"Wow, he must've been a cool guy."

Alice said as she smiled. She was sitting on the arm of my chair. I asked her if she wanted the seat but she shook her head and declined. Ever since I got back from outside, she's been clingy.

Not that I mind.

"Yea, he's a cool guy. To the point that if you didn't know him, you'd thought he was cold. He was a man of few words."

"I see. Where do you think he is now?"

"I don't know. It's been six years since I saw him. He's probably living out my dream of traveling the world meeting sexy ladies."

I didn't say the last three words. My instincts advised me not to and I listened. Otherwise, I'd be in danger.

"Marcus, your thoughts are seen as plain of day to me."

Kari said offhandedly. Having read many books about isekai, she knows that the main character always travels the world hooking up with hotties. 

"Then can you keep it a secret?"

There's a jealous-prone lady beside me.

"Hmm, considering what I experienced earlier today, I guess I can."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

"That 'nothing' concerns me."

It feels strangely ominous...

"I've come back to inform you that the queen and princess are arriving."

Mary, who left to attend other duties, said formally as she opened the door and said with a bow. Standing on both sides of her was one familiar maid and butler, Alice and Kari's servants. They stared at Alice and Kari with complete focus and never bothered to look around the room or at me.

No, wait, the maid is stealing glances at me.

"Let's go check it out. Show us the way."

Alice suddenly said as she stood directly in front of me and walked towards the door.

"Ooh, I've been dying to see Leonard's mom."

Kari said, getting up from the chair. There was some pep in her step as she walked.

Standing up from the chair, I smiled and teasingly said to her.

"Why are you trying to set up flags? Are you thinking about how to get into her good graces?"

"N-no!"

With a flushed face, Kari denied it.

"That doesn't seem convincing, Kari. Should I start singing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song from elementary school?"

"I'll kill you if you do!"

"Hmph, you wish. But not to worry, I'm rooting for you. There's bound to be some rivals along the way so good luck."

"Eh?"

Patting her shoulder, I give her my support and walk out of the room. A few seconds later…

"Rivals!? How can I forget about the rivals!"

I heard Kari mumble this to herself.

"I'll be expecting you to support me on my endeavor as well. Okay?"

I said as I leaned in from the room entrance. I'm not a dense black hole when it comes to Alice's feelings. 

I love that girl. I loved her ever since we were kids. It's just that the circumstances back then didn't allow me to act on my feelings. Nor did I feel adequate to do so.

But now, things have changed. I'm now technically a free man so nothing is stopping me now!

"Got it! From now on we're allies in love. You keep my rivals away, and vice versa."

"Thanks."

"Hehe!"

Throwing me a thumbs up, Kari laughed with a smile. Comrade +1 acquired.

...Let's just keep my dream of wanting a harem a secret for the time being.

"What's taking you guys so long? Hurry up. We don't want to be late."

Alice said as she looked back at me. Her, Mary, and the other two were a bit down the hallway. Telling them we were coming, I, with Kari in tow, caught up with them and continued to where the queen and princess were.

 

88