Chapter 5: The calm
1.3k 6 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I gave the Command Squad and Militiamen simple orders in-regards to the populous and what to do around the base.

With the populous I had told them that the people of the world most likely have left the light of the Emperor, but seems to not have gone too astray.

When they heard about that a "minor" religious fervor took over my troops to go for the people nearby and force them back into the fold... I, gave them a strict warning that if they try anything to the people to this world without my orders or are attacked, I would deal with them myself. And that shut down their fervor.

After... that was done I told them what I expected from them, which was for them to follow orders and if they believe so to act on their own accords for the fulfillment of the mission or task given to them.

And for the next few days I and Hannah spent them understanding the troops we had gotten.

For me, there was my Command Squad. They all are from the Schola on Holy Terra herself and they also said that just before they heard a pair of voices. The System informed me that the voices they are referring to was him and his creator picking them...

then the 6 PDFs and the last two who I thought was odd to see them unarmed but when I asked them both were meant for the Bases Vox Array.

And Hannah had her Command Team, her three Skitarii and her 'labours' as she dubbed them, but they are normal non combat based acolytes who if they were anywhere else would never see the enemy.

For me, I was doing laps around the base and the troops with me.

.

But unbeknownst to Joseph or Hannah they were being watched by some rather purple monsters. 

.

From the edge of the Forest of the Damned two hunched over creatures that if stood up about 7 to 8 feet tall.

"Bozz you sez that?" The smaller of the two asked while pointing at the two strange bases that appeared from the sky.

"Mmm." The taller gives a guttural growl, "This... maybe good. Da War-Bozz wants to attack, that Humie village... But if theze Humies come and help that village it would be the best chanze to kill him and become da War-Bozz." The taller one says with a dumb toothy smile.

"You so smart." The smaller one says, "You musta be touched by Gork and Mork."

The taller didn't respond, he was to busy thinking of when to strike at his War-Boss...

.

Several hours later at the Hamels little Inn.

.

Marina snapped awake in a cold sweat... She reached out to her staff and started channeling her Mana through it, the voices came fast and hard but she silenced them...

Mary also awake she was always a light sleeper, so she awaken and looked to her Lady sweating and shaking gave her concern.

"My Lady, what is wrong?" Mary asked.

"I don't know... the winds of Magic changed again, it has been changing since those booms some days ago. But I sense something is coming..."

"Should we leave?"

"No..." Marina closed her eyes and saw the red threads of fate... there she saw her thread and Mary's both threads close to each other but glancing up farther on the threads was something wrong... there were threads wrap around hers and Mary's. One golden and the other black as oil. There was also laughter?

She blinked a few times and started to quill the voices again, "The threads continues for us but I couldn't find my father's knights." She shakes her head, "But there are two other threads a gold and black... I don't know what either mean... and that wasn't the last of it... I heard laughing..."

Mary looked concerned at her charge concerned, "I'll get the knights and the village elder." 

Mary tossed on her cloths and grabbed her bow and arrows, she banged on the wall waking the two men the room next to them who did the same thing and rushed into the young heiresses room, without their cloaks, their breastplates were shown and swords were drawn.

Mary left the room and the Inn rushing towards the village elder's home.

"Heiress are you okay?" One of her Dad's knights asked, she was never told either of their names.

"Yes. I am fine." Both knights shared a glance, but nodded.

Marina closed her eyes, the staff shook in her hands... she felt the Mana swirling around it.

When she opened her eyes she saw something...

What she saw was that Mutt of a man his sword half buried into some green beast, but what stood out to her was the golden wings that seemed to sprout out of his back and his eyes seemed to glow the same golden hue. After withdrawing his blade he draws his side arm and fires nearly a dozen shots turning the head into mush. He turned to her and reached out his hand and said, "First time with the Orks?"

A woman runs up to him and says to him, "My Prince are you okay?" She was wearing some kind of camouflaged rangers uniform of the King's Elites. She held a gun same as the man... but did she call him Prince?

"Right side!" A male shouted at them.

She turned and fired, several red lines of light left the end of her gun, Marina turned to she that this weapon blow chucks out of another green beast...

"FORM A FIRING LINE!" She Ordered, "FORM ON THE BANNER!"

Turning around myself as another soldier in that camo green, he had a smaller gun but his right hand held a Banner...

The vision started fogging up and Marina was losing detail...

"IN THE NAME OF THE PRINCE FIRE AT WILL!" The man who pulled her to her feet, shouted and fired his small weapon...

The vision became to fogy but three things stuck out, the Man's golden wings and eyes remained visible and the writing at the bottom of the Banner.

The Emperor's Chosen Successor!
The Terran Old Guard!

"MY LADY!" She heard Mary shout, Marina opened her eyes to find that she was on the floor...

"I'm fine." she responded.

"No your not, your nose and eyes are bleeding." Mary started checking her charge, "What did you do?"

"I saw things..." She blinked a few time and felt her face, the blood felt cold... "I need to see that man." She said as she tried to stand but found her legs wouldn't move...

"My Lady, what man?"

"That Mutt... I need to see him." She shouted.

A male coughing noise filled the room, the two knights, Mary and Marina looked at the origin. There was a man who held a tired expression but he is the village elder he had to have been barely 30 years old, he looked at everyone with a mix of concerned and confused, for he was just woken up by a furious pounding on his door and now to see that Lady his village was asked to host my order of the Duke, bleeding like this...

"What is happening?" He asked, the question was pointed at Mary, she just shook her head and turned to the Heiress.

"I don't know bu-" Before she could continue the sound of bells rang out, "What is that?"

The elder paled, "That is attack warning... I need to go." He moved fast.

The four followed him out and saw that everyone that couldn't fight moved towards Hamels Inn and began to enter it.

By the time the Elder run out of his home, he was now wearing a padded shirt with chain mail sleeves and a short sword wrapped around his waist, the moment he noticed them, he glanced and shouted, "Heiress leave, their are two horses by my home."

Before she could answer what sounded like a war horn blared. "WWWAAAGGGHHH!!!!!!!!" Followed.

"THEIR RIGHT ON TOP OF US!" A guard shouted as he blocked a slash from... a green beast.

"What are they?" Marina couldn't help but ask, she then turned to Mary and said, "Get the horses and head to those buildings on the hill!"

"I ca-"

"I ORDER YOU AS THE HEIRESS!" Marina shouted.

"Bu-"

"NO BUT GO! YOU TWO!" She pointed at the two knights, "WE ARE GOING TO HOLD HAMELS INN UNDERSTOOD!?"

They slam their armored fist into their breastplates and shouted in unison, "Yes my Lady."

She turned to Mary and reaffirmed her order.

Mary reluctantly ran to the horses and mounted one, and galloped away.

52