Chapter 6: A wary standoff
149 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     Suddenly out of the rustling bushes, the family of snake people jumped out into Petunia's camp! Rushing out with their weapons drawn and teeth exposed to intimidate their foe, they let out a loud *HISSSSS*. The parents standing ahead of their daughter, looks at her as she was digesting her food. Out of alarm she gets up and stood as high as she could in an attempt to appear taller. Almost as if it were instinctual, she also showed off her teeth, strangely along with the rest of her body, her canines became sharper and pointier. With a hiss that grated like nails on a chalkboard, all of the birds in the nearby area scattered and any beasts close by looked towards the noise.

     "$%his*^&KUs^4", not understanding their language as they threatened her, Petunia decided to flee. With a quick bolt away, she began running as fast as she could. As she moves, she notices far more then she used to. Thousands of different smells and sounds that she has never smelled or heard. With a rush of adrenaline, she started to run even faster! eventually Petunia finally decided to stop and rest, for it had felt like she had been running for more then an hour. After exhausting herself, she dragged herself into a nearby patch of trees and hunkered down beneath a canopy of mossy limbs that wound around each other between the trees. With an exhausted huff she plopped down for a rest.

     As she sat there, she began to wonder as to why the family of snake people had been so hostile to her. Was it because she was a stranger in the forest? was it because she was now no longer human? she did not know, however she felt as if she was cursed to be alone from then on. Soon after, she began to hear rustling and got up to run, only for one of her eight legs to get slashed in half! "AAAAACK!" she screamed in pain as her leg was bleeding green blood? There she wondered as to why it was green when her blood was red during her transformation, only to brush it off for the moment and run.

     Unfortunately running with one of her legs bleeding like a broken water faucet only made her running that much harder, as she ran she could here whatever was chasing her get closer and suddenly the world started spinning "SH*T!". As she was running she did not notice that there was a sharp downhill slope and ended up accidentally throwing herself down the hill due to her adrenaline fueled panic. 

     "OOF!" was the sound she made when she finally landed at the bottom of the hill. With a sharp pain in her missing leg segment and a bunch of dizziness she stood up with a wobble and continued to move, of course with a sway and stagger as she went. As she moved she would accidentally bump into tree branches and get caught up in muddle puddles. It appeared as if it had recently rained, causing the downhill slope to pour excess water down to the bottom, causing what seemed like a temporary bog. With a continued lumber, Petunia forced herself forward through the muddy water, only stopping for a minute here and there to catch her breath.

     By the time she stopped for the night she noticed that the bleeding from her leg stump had finally stopped however she felt light headed nonetheless. As she drifted in and out of consciousness, she could only wonder what other form of hell she would go through when she woke up.

7