Chapter 10.1
243 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

            Dinner was awkward. With Alexandrea sitting at the table, everyone kept commenting that we looked like twins. Even other students were starting to look at our table. It felt really uncomfortable. But other than that, everyone seemed to like the new girl. I promised to help her find her classes so that she wouldn’t get lost.

            After dinner, we all headed back to our dorms. Poor Keno felt left out because he couldn’t come with us. Apparently, there was a rule that boys weren’t allowed in the girl's dorms. He even had the idea of shapeshifting into a girl. However, Keaira reminded him that if anyone caught him, he would get into big trouble.

            Once back in the dorm, Keaira invited us to join her in her room. I guess she decided to have a slumber party. I guess it was her way of trying to make the new girl feel at home. I thought it was a good idea to make friends with her because she was actually a sweet person, and I didn’t want Leanna sinking her claws into her.

            Once everyone was changed and ready for bed, we all laid on the floor. We asked questions like who was our favorite actors to what was our favorite band. We started with Keaira and made our way around. When everyone was surprised that I listened to Five Finger Death Punch. Well, everyone except Keaira, who was a little confused at who that was.

            When we finally got to Alexandrea, we were shocked. We found out that she was an orphan and was eventually adopted. She said that they were never able to track down her parents and that even if they did, she didn’t know if she would want to know them after being abandoned. I felt bad for her. Here I was complaining because my parents had faked their deaths, and she didn’t even know hers.

            “So, you have been living with a vampire couple since you were a toddler?” Ariel asked. I was just a little surprised at her question. It wasn’t exactly a question that you just asked someone. Alexandrea didn’t seem to mind, though, as she nodded.

            “Yeah. I was really lucky too. If I had been raised by a human, who knows what would have happened when I first turned,” she said as she propped her head up with her hands. I tried to imagine what it would have been like, remembering my turning. I don’t think a human would have been able to take the surprise.

            “Well, it seems that your parents took good care of you. It’s not common for a vampire to raise a werewolf. Especially when some think that werewolves are a lesser species.” Keaira said. I knew that she was talking about Leanna. I was glad that she hadn't had a chance to meet Alexandrea, especially when she looks so much like me.

            The rest of the night, we talked and joked around. We even talked about the fact that Ariel and Keno were a cute couple. She tried to play it off like we didn’t know what we were talking about but eventually admitted that she really liked him. As the topic was talked about, I could see Ariel shooting looks at Keaira and me. I knew what she was thinking.

            “Soooo, since we are on the topic of dating. When are you and Michala going to start dating?” Ariel asked Keaira. Keaira blushed and tried to look away.

            “Why do you think we should be dating?” Keaira said with her face still turned away. It was kind of cute seeing her embarrassed about the topic, though I would have to talk to Ariel later about not assuming things.

            “Well, it’s quite simple, really. We all see the way you look at each other. Even Keno has asked why you two aren’t dating already. It is pretty clear that Michala is into you. And from what we have seen, you are into her,” Ariel said, grinning as she pointed it out.

            “Um... I think that we should get some sleep, we have classes in the morning, and I don’t want to go to my first class half asleep,” Keaira said, changing the subject. Ariel looked like she was about to argue about it, but Keaira gave her a look that said drop it, and she stopped. After that, we all got into our makeshift beds and went to sleep.

            The next morning felt a little awkward as we got up. The topic from last night seemed to still be on Keaira and Ariel's minds. Neither one of them really said anything as we headed for the showers. Alexandrea followed from behind, keeping a bit of a distance. I hoped that she was okay.

            After our showers, we headed to the lounge and grabbed a quick breakfast. There wasn’t really any time to get a proper breakfast because we had taken so long to get ready. Alexandrea seemed to stay to herself while all of this was going on.

            I found out that Alexandrea and I had our first class together. This made it easy to show her where the class was and not worry about being late to class. As we entered the room, you could hear the whispers about the fact that we looked like sisters. It seemed that we were going to be the talk of the students for a while. After class, Ariel came by to show Alex to her next class.

            As the day dragged on, I found myself thinking about what Ariel and said last night. It was true that I was attracted to Keaira, and there was definitely something going on with Keaira. I still didn’t want to jump to conclusions if it wasn’t true. It was a nice thought, nevertheless.

            By lunch, I had decided that I would talk to Keaira and see what she felt. I was never the type to take charge, but I was dying to know how she felt. As I entered the dining hall, I already had a plan for how I would bring the subject up, but I would wait a couple of days. I wanted last night's irritation gone before I tried asking her.

            “My classes are amazing. I can’t believe that I am learning about and study the mythical creatures that I have always wanted to see.” Alexandrea said with excitement in her tone. She was like a kid in a candy store, but I couldn’t blame her. I remember what it was like when I first came here. She seemed to be getting along with everyone here.

         After lunch, Alex and I went to our next class. There was more talk of the twins walking in. I was starting to get used to the comments. Eventually, they would realize that they were wrong. The one I was still worried about was Leanna. There was just something about her that made me look over my shoulder, not just the fact that she had it in for me.

            After class, Alex had to go to her gym class. It was the only class that she had that none of us were in. By now, I was pretty sure that everyone knew she was. After all, in a place like this, word gets around fast. As I sat in class, listening to the professor drone on, my thoughts went back to the visit with my mom. I wanted to scream. I was so upset that I wanted to punch a dragon in the face.

15