Chapter 12.2
226 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was floating. All around me was darkness. I could hear the sound of music in the background, but I couldn’t find a source. Was I dead? Was this what it was like to die? Then there was a flash of light, and a woman was floating in front of me.

“Fear not, child, for you are not dead. I am the Goddess Liandrath. I have been watching over you for some time. It is a shame that there is so much about your past that you don’t remember. And though I wish I could help you find it, I am not allowed to meddle in the living affairs.” She said with a soft smile. She was beautiful with her black hair swept over her shoulders, her slender body. She was not what I pictured a goddess to look like.

“If you can’t help me, then why am I here? I asked, trying to be polite. It seemed like a waste of time to have me here if she wasn’t going to help me.

The goddess smiled again as she placed her hand on my shoulder. Then she leaned in and whispered, “because you are the one who can bring my children together. There have been lies made to you. Lies about who you are and what your purpose was. You will have to find them out for yourself, but I wanted to let you know that I am watching you. I gave you a blessing so that you may finally end my children's bickering once and for all.”

Looking at her, I was bewildered. Did she mean that she was the mother of the vampires and Werewolves? “Who are your children, and why did you choose me?” I asked. I watched as her smile turned into a frown. Then I saw sadness on her face.

“My sons fought each other recklessly and began a hatred that I have watched over the years. So, I created a balance. While you have earthly parents, you are my daughter. There is trouble coming, and only you can stop it. “ she said. Something didn’t add up to me.

“If you can’t meddle in the affairs of the living, then how were you able to make Helsing and Dracula vampires and werewolves,” I asked. It didn’t seem to make any sense. She looked at me, her eyes still filled with sadness.

“I did not create them, as your legends say. There was a time when I walked the earth. After the great Merlin created the barrier between worlds. I fell in love and eventually gave birth to two sons. I did not know that they would become the monsters that they did, and by the time it happened, I had already transcended back here. You see, my father was furious that I had lived amongst the mortals. He then found out that I bore semi-immortal children, he created discord between them. He had hoped that in doing so, that they would kill each other,” she said. She paused for a moment to wipe a tear from her eye.

“But, that didn’t work exactly the way he wanted it to, did it?” I asked. She looked up and shook her head.

“You can guess the rest, my child. It was my father who forbade me from meddling with mortal affairs again. I have listened and watched as my children fought each other for so long, never able to do anything until you,” she said, stroking my hair. It was a strange feeling. There was a familiarity to her touch, but yet it felt so alien.

“But how am I supposed to fix everything? I am just a sixteen-year-old girl,” I asked. This was a lot to take in, and I didn’t know if I could handle it.

“I am sorry, but you will have to figure that out on your own, my child. But before you can do that, you must look into your past. And don’t trust everything that you are told. There are secrets that you need to learn, things that will change your life forever. And keep your friends close, for you will need them in this.” The goddess said. Then she pulled me into her arms and kissed my forehead. “Now you must go, my child. There is so much for you to do.”

When I awoke, the nurse was standing over me. It seemed that she was treating my bandages. I laid there for a moment, trying to pretend that I was asleep as I wrapped my mind around what I had experienced. I wondered if it was just some weird dream or if it was real. I knew that once I could get out of here, I would have to look into it.
            “Ah, there you are. I was wondering when you were going to wake up,” the nurse said. I had ended up grunting in pain as she handled my leg, causing me to blow my cover.

“That hurts,” I said as she continued to unwrap the bandage from my leg. I didn’t even want to look at it. I could only imagine what it must look like.

“Well, of course, it hurts. Being attacked by a wolf will do that to you. What were you doing fighting one of your own kind? It doesn’t make any sense,” she said as she began cleaning the wounds. I grimaced in pain.

“I wasn’t trying to. I was attacked. I don’t know who by, but it seemed like whoever the wolf was, they were trying to kill me,” I said. I didn’t like the feeling of being accused of something that I didn’t do. It was quite irritating. I clenched my fist, wanting to punch something. Then as I opened my hand, something happened.

Sitting in the center of my hand was a flame, but it wasn’t the usual red, orange, or yellow. This flame was black. It was the strangest thing I ever saw.

“Well, that is an interesting fire you have there. Would you mind putting it out though, I would kindly like it if my office wasn’t burned down,” the nurse said as she looked in amazement. Shaking my head, I closed my hand again as the fire disappeared.

“Sorry about that. I didn’t know I could do that,” I said. It was the strangest thing I had ever saw, and I have seen many mythical creatures that I thought didn’t exist. I would need to ask Professor Lynex about it when I was able to leave the recovery ward.

The next day, Ally and Erin came to visit me. They were both asking me questions and telling me how sorry they were that I got attacked. I tried to explain to them that this wasn’t their fault, but they wouldn’t have it. They insisted that if they had been keeping an eye on me, this wouldn’t have happened. Eventually, the nurse chased them away when she saw how much they were getting to me. Ariel and Keno also visited me. Keno told some jokes to make me laugh, though he found out real fast that laughter was not good at the moment.

It was after dinner time before Keaira came to visit me. I was starting to think that she wasn’t going to come.

“So, you were attacked by another wolf? Do you know if they go to this school?” Keaira asked as she braided my hair. It was strange, but just having her touch my hair like this was calming.

“I don’t know. It was already in wolf form when they attacked me. The only thing that I know is, I had never seen red fur like theirs before,” I said. She stopped braiding my hair and looked at me.

“I have never heard of a wolf having red fur before. I will have to talk with my dad and see if there is any history of red-furred wolves,” she said, then went back to braiding my hair. I didn’t even want to tell her about my dream. It was a little confusing. After a short time, she had to go, and I was left alone. I decided that once I was recovered, I would begin my search for the truth.

12