BL1: Mercadejas Tradition
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex Mercadejas, 15 years old.

This is my story.

My family owns the country, La Isla y Mercadejas. This country is very, well, "open to the world and to tourists" is what I want to say. I live in a country where justice is equal to murder. When I was younger I had thought that this was normal. But the color of our blood and the face people makes when they die because of murder scares the shit out of me.

I have seven older siblings, making us eight in total.. it's supposed to be nine, but we'll talk about that some other time. I am the youngest child of Antonio Mecadejas, so yes, I have seen their "way of proving" to our father they are capable of murdering strangers we don't know for the exchange of money. This is what you can say is the "Mercadejas Tradition" , it sounds silly I know. I pity the spouses of my brothers, they have to take the Mercadejas name and so they too, must prove themselves worthy of marrying into our family. 

I am the youngest and so they have high expectations from me. They expect me to be able to easily kill for the reputation of our family name. I have spoken about this topic to one of my sisters, I told her that I don't want to follow the path that our ancestors have paved for us to walk on, I want to pave my own path, I don't want to go down that same path just for my father to recognise me, just for him to be "Proud" of me, I mean, of course I want my father to be proud of me but not in a way that I have to shoot someone I may or may not know. I have good grades, I maintain my studies well, I know how to cook food and clean the house. When I was younger they had taught me how to use a gun, how to stab someone, but never in my life have I ever pulled the trigger on anyone who breathes. I don't ever want to kill anyone, even if I truly despise that person, I can never kill anyone. 

This tradition started in our family from the year XXXX. The reason why it started was because my ancestor was ordered exile for the country Madthorne. It had started in his time that he had started to work for the High Table. The High Table consists of four seats, the four highest positions in the world of mafias. We, the Mercadejas, work for the italian mob, no one knows his name, at least not the people who work for him.

 

My sister told me that I don't have a choice, the reason? because this is our family business. I hate this. Four months from now is my coming of age ceremony, the event to prove myself worthy of being born in this family. I know what will happen when I fail, how do I know? I was there when my fourth oldest brother failed. He was shot. By the opponent he was supposed to kill. It was a lesson for all of us. My sister gave me an idea. An idea where I hire someone to kill for in my stead. We all had our individual accounts and money,lots and lots of money. Although it was blood money. I still liked the idea of hiring someone to do the job for me. But that doesn't mean that my hands are clean. They were never clean from the moment I was born. 

FEW DAYS LATER

I asked for permission to take a three month vacation to Kilmoor. They allowed me to leave and so I did, but also brought weapons for safety purposes. I filled five briefcases with cash, each case containing a million each. Other than that I have extra luggage as well, just in case the deal goes downhill. I'm on my way to Dawnburg . That country is famous for the assassins training there.

I arrived at Dawnburg, and saw no one. I assume they are targeting me. 

"I am looking for Pat! I have a job for her!" No one responded to what I had said but I could their feel eyes looking at me  

"Three million! I offer three million! exclusive contract."

I noticed a woman wearing an all black outfit that shows her curvy body walking towards me and asked me what the job was.

 
"I need you to perform the ceremony for my coming of age four months from now."

She nodded and agreed to our contract. I told her all the details she needs to know. As it is my event I may bring friends with similar family business. I gave her my trust she promised with her blood that she will do her duties as said in the contract.

three months and 2 weeks later ...

I returned home after spending three months and two weeks away from this house, away from my family, away from the murderous business my family has. I returned to the house, the house I grew up in, the house my siblings grew up in, I returned to my country where my people are gone. Vanished. I went to the business house and I never felt so much pain and anger at what I discovered. My family is gone. Their money is in their safes, their clothes are in their bedroom chambers. I called the italian mob to check if he has them working somewhere and he replied no. I don't know how long they've been gone, but I know for sure that it has been quite some time as dust can already be seen, I had left my phone powered off during my vacation. I turned on my phone and found hundreds of missed calls from my brothers, sisters, and my mother. All the dates of the missed calls are from the day I left.

I don't know how long they've been gone, but I know for sure that it has been quite some time as dust can already be seen,

I received a notification from an unknown number.

0XXXXXXXXXX

Unknown: five times one equals five
Unknown: five times two equals ten
Unknown: five times three equals fifteen
Unknown: five times four equals twenty
Unknown: five times five equals twenty what
Unknown: five times six equals thirty
Unknown: five times seven equals thirty five
Unknown: five times eight equals forty
Unknown: five times nine equals forty five
Unknown: five times ten equals fifty

Unknown: Good luck Ms. Mercadejas, I have your family, what a price it will be to have your father's head.

I have never been so stupid in my life. I have never been so careless about my every move. I ruined my family. I am not worthy of the name Mercadejas.

0